My taco delight
    Want to eat her up
    Day and night

When I go to bed
    Pull up the cover
    I'll be dreaming 'bout
    My French Fry lover

Written 09/10/2013
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-15-2014 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Dedication....

2. Peter Both said:

I am a big fan of your style of writing and this song is no exception. However (I hate to admit it) I don't quite know what it's about. (Me foreigner,see). Is it about a contestant in a reality show named Project Runway?

Johnb31 said:

I love this I had a smile and was laughing the whole time while reading hahahah. Favorite line
    "When I go to bedPull up the cover
    I'll be dreaming 'bout
    My French Fry lover"
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    I am a big fan of your style of writing and this song is no exception. However (I hate to admit it) I don't quite know what it's about. (Me foreigner,see). Is it about a contestant in a reality show named Project Runway?
    Project Runway is a reality show starring Heidi Klum.Designers compete for prizes and fame.French Fry started out as a joke between me and another fan of the show.During one of our talks (texts)I wrote OMF!She asked what that stood for.I replied "not oh my god".She said"frog?Friend?French Fry?" and that's how the joke started.
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 10-01-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    I love this I had a smile and was laughing the whole time while reading hahahah. Favorite line
    "When I go to bedPull up the cover
    I'll be dreaming 'bout
    My French Fry lover"
    Thanks John,I'm glad you read between the lines and got the joke.I had to tame it down,but I still got the song over to my liking.it's been awhile,so I didn't know if I still had the stuff!

6. Peter Both said:

Thanks for the explanation, Doug!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, Doug!
    Peter thank you for always giving me great feedback.It's not the usual,like mine,"I like it".You always come up with something both witty and interesting.
    Johnb you made a point that had me go back and edited my song.You liked the same line as I did.I cut the last refrain and ended on it.I tend to write "formula" Verse,chorus,verse,chorus etc.I ended stronger,thanks to you!

Johnb31 said:

Well thank you Doug I'm glad I can be of assistance!
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    Well thank you Doug I'm glad I can be of assistance!
    What's ironic is,you didn't even suggest that I change it.I just did with the help of your reply.That's power, my man!

10. Matt6660 said:

Sounds good.keep it uo

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt6660 View Post
    Sounds good.keep it uo
    Thanks Matt.I'll try keeping it up as long as people keep giving me the encouragement I receive on this site.

StripedSweater said:

I really like your chorus. When I read it, in my head I could hear a sort of bubble gum happy beat. I like the phrase French Fry lover also, it makes me think about old school cafes and such, even though that's probably not what you wanted hence the line about facebook. Soooo my final ruling is that I like it. lol

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by StripedSweater View Post
    I really like your chorus. When I read it, in my head I could hear a sort of bubble gum happy beat. I like the phrase French Fry lover also, it makes me think about old school cafes and such, even though that's probably not what you wanted hence the line about facebook. Soooo my final ruling is that I like it. lol
    Thanks SS!I'll take bubble gum,happy,any day of the week!

14. JoshD said:

I Only checked this out because you asked me doug, but its great haha Very funny i couldnt stop laughing very witty and catchy lines overall i like it!

jessie zuppo said:

Doug,
    You KILLLEEEDDD it with this one!! The title of the song is an oxymoron, which is way cool and edgy- and you kept it alive by DEFINING what 'French Fry Cool' meant, while keeping a beat!

I love that you personalized it, this is a step towards making your songs/lyrics/poetry that much more compelling for the reader. We, as the readers, are brought into your mind for a brief time and we can feel your excitement, your raw lust, your respect for this woman.

Also, this piece had a definite beat that's a very progressive move on your part. This is the first one of your songs that I didn't READ, I actually sang to it..to master beat and rhythm, keep your audience captured and awaiting breathlessly to read the next stanza- dude, you have mastered this!

One last thing is again, how personable it is, in regards to how you two met...online, Project Runway- you allowed us to be in your world and you wowed us to the very end- which btw was perfect. (I find endings so hard!)
    -
    You may want to reconsider one thing- your word choice of 'gay'- that's the only constructive criticism I have for this one.

On a more personal level, I'm so happy for you and so happy that you channeled the raw emotions of being in love with a PERSON, not an objectified woman, into this piece of work. Your elation and giggly newlywed sentiment is clearly seen in every single word.

jessie zuppo said:

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Thanks SS!I'll take bubble gum,happy,any day of the week!
    I love how you have humbled yourself- you don't allow anyone to burst your bubble. Nor should you. You're on Cloud 9 now- enjoy it and don't allow anyone to try and steal your happiness- I am, in no way, saying that anyone on this thread has done that- I'm just telling you this as a fellow writer. You've put yourself out there and sometimes people need company in their misery- stay strong and defiantly giddy with joy!!lol

jessie zuppo said:

Project Runway is a reality show starring Heidi Klum.Designers compete for prizes and fame.French Fry started out as a joke between me and another fan of the show.During one of our talks (texts)I wrote OMF!She asked what that stood for for.I replied "not oh my god".She said"frog?Friend?French Fry?" and that's how the joke started.
    wow, I wrote my thread before I read this comment- you transformed an 'inside' joke into a title and then took the title and ran with it. Awesome! I like her guesses- "frog?" "French fry" ....the same zany and fun sense of humor as you!

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks,Jessie!I'm glad you liked a more recent entry of mine.As far as "gay" being used,I'd have to defend my use of it.Is there any "gayer" show than Project Runway?I say that with no disrespect to gay people.After living in San Francisco,my entire life,I know better!But it is ironic a "boy and girl" would meet on a PR Facebook page.That isn't lost on me or the song!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Thanks,Jessie!I'm glad you liked a more recent entry of mine.As far as "gay" being used,I'd have to defend my use of it.Is there any "gayer" show than Project Runway?I say that with no disrespect to gay people.After living in San Francisco,my entire life,I know better!But it is ironic a "boy and girl" would meet on a PR Facebook page.That isn't lost on me or the song!
    Yes, I thought about that point re gay, Doug! Ironic that boy & girl would meet on PRW FB page?... Idk. This was one of the shows I turned dear hubby onto; we are sure not to miss a single episode. (I am glad the last contestant removed is GONE!!!! Initial "K".) And PRW makes for many interesting and spirited conversations between DH and me--whether it's on styles, contestants, judges, situations, or our own "inspired" designs for the challenge.

Sorry, Doug ... got carried away with the PRW experience. Your song is great and JZ gave a good critique! This is my favorite line (bet you could have guessed):

Long golden hair
    Growing wild and free
    Long distance lover
    Please come to me

And I feel so privileged to have been privy to the background story too. I just love your songs. BTW, you calmed it down?--Wow, Doug. Aren't you becoming the refined soul? Love your songs...

Doug Denslowe said:

Wow....my two favorite critique writers like my latest song!(I've "Thanked too many people today,so it's not on,at the moment,otherwise,I'd Thank You...with the button)Yes,I thought the word "gay" was both funny....and it rhymed!Being a native San Franciscan maybe,I thought,gave me the right!Having been a hairdresser,in another decade,I think I know what's "okay"humor and what isn't.Most gay people I know have a great sense of humor,or I wouldn't have used the term!Welcome back Frankie!