Mohsen Namjoo - Begoo Begoo

Thread: Mohsen Namjoo - Begoo Begoo

Tags: None
  1. Cirill said:

Default Mohsen Namjoo - Begoo Begoo

Can anybody translate this song to english?

http://www.iransong.com/song/32510.htm
    Last edited by afsaneh; 09-21-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Artist – Song name or names

2. Cirill said:

hello, can you help to translate this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1zSZWocyas

3. Cirill said:

I am not quite sure that text (by the above link) is really description of the Mohsen Namjoo' s song, so there is a video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1zSZWocyas

still noboby cant help?

afsaneh said:

Default Mohsen Namjoo - Begoo Begoo

بگو بگو ---------------------------------------------- tell me, tell me
    که چه کارت کنم بگو -------------------------------------- what should I do with you
    که چه کارت کنم ز گریه جویم و دل را --------------------------- what should I do with you since I’m a river from tears

بگو بگو ----------------------------------------------- tell me, tell me
    که شکارت کنم بگو ---------------------------------------- to hunt you, tell me
    که شکارت کنم به غمزه مویم و آه ------------------------------- to hunt you I’m sobbing from your insinuation

ببین ببین ----------------------------------------------- look, look
    که فغانت کنم ببین ------------------------------------------ I shout you out, look
    که فغانت کنم ز خنده چینم و لب را ------------------------------- I shout you out and forget smiling

که نشانت کنم ببین ----------------------------------------- to make you my target
    که نشانت کنم ز فتنه کینم و آه ---------------------------------- to make you my target I’m all vengeance from devilry

(Hafez sonnet 333)
    نماز شام غریبان چو گریه آغازم ------------------------- As I start sobbing in my prayer
    به مویه*های غریبانه قصه پردازم ----------------------- with unheard weeps I make stories
    به یاد یار و دیار آن چنان بگریم زار ---------------------- in the memory of the beloved and home I cry so miserably
    که از جهان ره و رسم سفر براندازم ---------------------- that I uproot the rule of traveling from the world
    من از دیار حبیبم نه از بلاد غریب ----------------------- I’m from the beloved’s place not from strangers’ country
    مهیمنا به رفیقان خود رسان بازم ------------------------- oh my guardian return me to my friends again
    خدای را مددی ای رفیق ره تا من ------------------------ by God oh my road companion so that I
    به کوی میکده دیگر علم برافرازم ------------------------ raise flag in another tavern
    (Hafez sonnet 333)

بیا بیا --------------------------------------------------- come, come,
    که نگارت شوم بیا ------------------------------------------- so that I’d be your lover, come
    که نگارت شوم به طرفه سایم و تن را ------------------------------- I’d be your lover and touch your body

به زیارت شوم بیا -------------------------------------------- so that I become your pilgrim
    به زیارت شوم چو خسته* پایم و آه -------------------------------- that I become your pilgrim with exhausted feet and breaths

(Hafez sonnet 114)
    همای اوج سعادت به دام ما افتد ---------------------------- the fortune’s bird would be trapped in my net
    اگر تو را گذری بر مقام ما افتد ---------------------------- if you had paid a visit to our place
    حباب وار براندازم از نشاط کلاه --------------------------- I‘d raise my hat from happiness
    اگر ز روی تو عکسی به جام ما افتد ------------------------ if the image of your face had reflected on our cups
    به ناامیدی از این در مرو بزن فالی ------------------------- don’t pass from this door in disappointment, make a fortune telling
    بود که قرعه*ی دولت به نام ما افتد ------------------------- I wish prosperity would fall on our name
    (Hafez sonnet 114)

شکن شکن ------------------------------------------------ break, break
    که شیارت کنم شکن ------------------------------------------ so that I make you a furrow
    که شیارت کنم ز شرح شاهد و شور آه ------------------------------- I make you a furrow from explaining my pains

شکن شکن ------------------------------------------------ break, break
    چه شرارت کنم شکن ----------------------------------------- how I make you burn
    چه شرارت کنم ز شمس شاهد و شور ------------------------------- how I make you burn from the passion of the fair

که نگارت شوم بیا ------------------------------------------- so that I’d be your lover, come
    که نگارت شوم به طرفه سایم و تن را ------------------------------- I’d be your lover and touch your body

به زیارت شوم بیا -------------------------------------------- so that I become your pilgrim
    به زیارت شوم چو خسته* پایم و آه --------------------------------- that I become your pilgrim with exhausted feet and breaths

که فغانت کنم ببین ----------------------------------------- I shout you out, look
    که فغانت کنم ز خنده چینم و لب را ------------------------------ I shout you out and forget smiling

که نشانت کنم ببین ----------------------------------------- to make you my target
    که نشانت کنم ز فتنه کینم و آه ----------------------------------- to make you my target I’m all vengeance from devilry

(Hafez from sonnet 263)
    بیا و کشتی ما در شط شراب انداز ------------------------------------- come and cast our ship in wine’s river
    خروش و ولوله در جان شیخ و شاب انداز ----------------------------- cast flurry and a thunder in the hearts of the youth and the pious
    به نیمه*شب اگرت آفتاب می*باید ----------------------------------------- if you need the sun in midnight
    ز روی دختر گل*چهر رز نقاب انداز ----------------------------------- unveil the face of a fair girl
    (Hafez from sonnet 263)

به ناامیدی از این در مرو بزن فالی ------------------------ don’t pass from this door in disappointment, make a divination
    بود که قرعه*ی دولت به نام ما افتد -------------------------- I wish prosperity would fall on our name

بگو بگو ----------------------------------------------- tell me, tell me
    که چه کارت کنم بگو ---------------------------------- what should I do with you
    که چه کارت کنم ز گریه جویم و دل را ----------------------- what should I do with you since I’m a river from tears

بگو بگو ------------------------------------------- tell me, tell me
    که شکارت کنم بگو ------------------------------------ to hunt you, tell me
    که شکارت کنم به غمزه مویم و آه --------------------------- to hunt you I’m sobbing from your insinuation

(Hafez poems)
    نماز شام غریبان چو گریه آغازم ---------------------------- As I start sobbing in my prayer
    به مویه*های غریبانه قصه پردازم --------------------------- with unheard weeps I make stories
    به نیمه*شب اگرت آفتاب می*باید --------------------------- if you need the sun in midnight
    ز روی دختر گل*چهر رز نقاب انداز ------------------------- unveil the face of a fair girl
    همای اوج سعادت به دام ما افتد ----------------------------- the fortune’s bird would be trapped in my net
    اگر تو را گذری بر مقام ما افتد ----------------------------- if you had paid a visit to our place
    حباب وار براندازم از نشاط کلاه ---------------------------- I‘d raise my hat from happiness
    اگر ز روی تو عکسی به جام ما افتد ------------------------- if the image of your face had reflected on our cups
    به ناامیدی از این در مرو بزن فالی -------------------------- don’t pass from this door in disappointment, make a fortune telling
    بود که قرعه*ی دولت به نام ما افتد ------------------------- I wish prosperity would fall on our name
    Last edited by afsaneh; 01-09-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare