You come undone

In the place where no one sees
    We tell them we run things
    But when you calm me down
    I, I'll look around

I see the broken teeth and crooked smiles
    Those wrist scars they stretch for miles

Doug Denslowe said:

SS,I read both this and your other new one.I like them both,but this,straight ahead rock,is what really turns me on.You always have a kinda "retro" vibe going,which is a good thing!I love your easy to understand and straight ahead lyrics!Keep on keeping on!

StripedSweater said:

What a way to welcome someone back! lol Thanks Doug! I never considered myself retro... but I can totes dig it lol

4. Peter Both said:

I can see what Doug means by retro. But I think it's a timeless kind of retro that never falls out of fashion. The singer-songwriter communicating in the most direct way with the audience. Neil Young-retro, rather than The Monkees-retro. I hope you complete the song, Mrs Stripes!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    I can see what Doug means by retro. But I think it's a timeless kind of retro that never falls out of fashion. The singer-songwriter communicating in the most direct way with the audience. Neil Young-retro, rather than The Monkees-retro. I hope you complete the song, Mrs Stripes!
    That's exactly what I meant!A good song is a good song, regardless of the year it was written.I meant your writing is retro,like the "good stuff" we used to hear in the good ole days!

Johnb31 said:

This is an interesting start I really love the chorus. I'm not really sure what your meaning for this line is "We see you threw the fall" or the entire song but I was able to come up with my own meaning which is good. Overall its a nice job so far.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    This is an interesting start I really love the chorus. I'm not really sure what your meaning for this line is "We see you threw the fall" or the entire song but I was able to come up with my own meaning which is good. Overall its a nice job so far.
    John,I interpreted "We see you threw the fall" to mean,we understand you,although you've made mistakes or bad choices.I also thought of looking at someone,at a waterfall,seeing thru the stream of water.That was a fleeting image,but why not share it!

StripedSweater said:

Doug you hit it on the head lol the part about mistakes not waterfalls haha :P

amaryn said:

Sweater, this must be my favourite of yours so far! Such well done description of feelings isn't an easy thing to do.
    "Wrist scars that stretch for miles" is a brilliant line indeed.
    It is intense and meaningful. Thanks, dear <3 Thanks a lot indeed!