[Lyrics] If one of us Breaks

Thread: [Lyrics] If one of us Breaks

Tags: None
  1. Mourad Bousserouel said:

Default [Lyrics] If one of us Breaks

P.S: I'm still learning English; So I'd really appreciate if you help me improve these Lyrics. ( you know, like the right words to use ...etc)

[Verse 01]
    The world's breaking into pieces
    It's so shattered and so cold
    I've been trying to figure this out
    but I have never found

[Chorus]
    a way to stop this struggling
    a way to make people see
    that our hearts and our souls are suffering
    and that We got to set them free
    from every pain from every sin
    cause We're all made from one thing
    and We'll all break if only one of us breaks

[Verse 02]
    It's not a myth, not a legend nor it is a tale
    It's something we should've known we should've embraced
    There is nothing more painful than pain
    Nothing as hard as shame
    and we all got this feeling yet we don't try to find

[Chorus]

[Verse 03]
    "if I had the power" we say
    Well power is there if we unite
    If we choose to fight... together
    And if we want to make the world a better place
    We'll have to find

[Chorus]

----------
    [Edit] my Thanks to Peter Both
    Last edited by Mourad Bousserouel; 09-20-2013 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Correction

2. Peter Both said:

Meaningful song that has a message we should all embrace. Then the world would be a better place indeed.
    I'm not a native speaker of English either (I'm from The Netherlands) so I may not be the right person to give you feedback on your English. I do have some points however. Hopefully you'll receive some feedback from true Anglophones.
    - 'but never could I have found': 'but I could never find' or 'but I have never found' sound more natural
    - 'We got to make them free': 'set them free' instead of 'make them free'
    But the final verdict is for the native speakers. I'm looking forward to hearing from them

3. Mourad Bousserouel said:

Hi, first things first: Nice to meet you, Peter! I'm Mourad from Algeria.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback!
    I really appreciate it.

4. Peter Both said:

Hi, Mourad, it was my pleasure. Welcome to this forum!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    Meaningful song that has a message we should all embrace. Then the world would be a better place indeed.
    I'm not a native speaker of English either (I'm from The Netherlands) so I may not be the right person to give you feedback on your English. I do have some points however. Hopefully you'll receive some feedback from true Anglophones.
    - 'but never could I have found': 'but I could never find' or 'but I have never found' sound more natural
    - 'We got to make them free': 'set them free' instead of 'make them free'
    But the final verdict is for the native speakers. I'm looking forward to hearing from them
    First off,there's no "right or wrong English" as far as poetry or lyrics writing goes.Often it's the "mistakes" that make the piece interesting.That being said,I agree with what Peter has said.Peter is one of the most generous people on this site,his songs and comments are always both humorous and interesting.His English is as good if not better than most who are born speaking English.So,his points are spot on,but I've nothing to add.Welcome to ATL.

6. Peter Both said:

Oh, that's really too much praise, Doug! But, thanks anyway!
    Mourad, I hope you'll post more lyrics on this site. Do you write in French or Arabic as well?

7. Mourad Bousserouel said:

Thanks for your reply Doug!
    And I do speak both French and Arabic, but I'm not really sure if I'm capable of writing Lyrics.
    Maybe I'll try sometime.