Memories

Thread: Memories

Tags: None

Eccer said:

Default Memories

Memories

Memories sift down from the moment you receive it and blossoms over time.
    Memories hold this truth, to what made you extinguish so, your actions, this voyage.
    Be it bad, be it good, be it extraordinary, be it what people think of you now.
    Be it you share this same connection now.
    And you are laughing together.
    No wonder we made history together.
    Memories are links.
    Until that moments relapse and you lay still.
    Upon defining you and what we shared during our time.
    Of handmade silvery threads that decades even death.

Make a wish before you turn to dust
    Never forget

Last edited by Eccer; 04-28-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Bee-u-tee-ful, Eccer. This is not a worn-out old love poem. It's fresh.

Eccer said:

Interesting you would say love. If that's what you felt from this, then that's the essence I was not aware of myself. It's about a family member. Whom I haven't seen in a long time
    Last edited by Eccer; 09-26-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: confidential

jessie zuppo said:

I also like this piece- it's very 'old school' with a fresh twist- I got a sense of 'pain', 'loss' and 'grief'- not 'love' per say, but 'love that was lost' which is addicting to read as a writer myself. very nice!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Eccer View Post
    Interesting you would say love. If that's what you felt from this, then that's the essence I was not aware of myself. It's about a family member. Whom I haven't seen in a long time
    Hah! You caught me, Eccer! Perhaps I am a romantic! No wonder the poem sounded so fresh, since it was not a romantic love poem. It is a poem about a family member you miss. Thank you for clarifying. In this poem you captured "essence" of a different kind of love/affection, and--in speaking your truth--you allowed me (and perhaps others) to hear your art from another point-of-view. I enjoy knowing the real background of your poem. Thank you.

And because I didn't say it before--"Memories" is lovely.