Hayedeh - Zendegi (Khodaya)

Thread: Hayedeh - Zendegi (Khodaya)

Tags: None

addoosha said:

Default Hayedeh - Zendegi (Khodaya)

Hi Vanda,

I just wanna say that U R AMAZING,u r really doing great translations,and helped me alot with persian sentences meanings,now I`m going to ask you a favor,Plz, when you have the time,translate my favourite song "Zendeghi" by the legend "Hayedeh",i would really appreciate it if you translate it 2 english,thanx in advance and God bless.

here is the lyrics:

خدایا . خدایا
    خدایا توی دنیای بزرگت پوسیدیم که
    میخواستیم . میخواستیم
    میخواستیم مثل این روزو نبینیم . که دیدیم که
    ناز اون . بلای اون . حسرت دل . عذاب عالم
    هر چی باید همه تک تک بکشن . ما کشیدیم که
    زندگی میگن برای زنده هاست . اما خدایا
    بس که ما دنبال زندگی دویدیم بریدیم که
    وای بر ما . وای بر ما
    خبر از لحظه پرواز نداشتیم
    تا میخواستیم لب معشوقو ببوسیم . پریدیم که
    زندگی قصه تلخیست که از آغازش
    بس که آزرده شدم چشم به پایان دارم
    چشمی به هم زدیم و دنیا گذشت
    دنبال هم امروز و فردا گذشت
    دل میگه باز فردا رو از نو بساز
    ای دل غافل دیگه از ما گذشت
    خدایا . خدایا
    میخواستیم . میخواستیم
    Last edited by afsaneh; 09-26-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Artist – Song name or names

Ecoliqua said:

Hi vanda!

OUR FIRST NEW MEMBER!!!! :-)))

And we had alredy 257 views!!

Hallo, Addoosha, nice to have you here. Where are you from?...

I do not know this song that you mention, but I will try to download it.

Thanks again for the translations. It serve for me to preomote persian culture among my friends. I almost force them to listen to Persian music. Today I was explaining my boss how persian celebrated yesterday their Noruz... He was quite impressed. It is unbelievable how ignorant we are in this part of the word about far east... I will do my best to promote your culture among my people )))

addoosha said:

Smile

Thank you so much Eco,that was really nice of u.

well, I`m a computer engineer,also a musician from Iraq,26 years old.

I love to discover all the cultures of the world,and yes u were right about the great Persian culture,and i found it really interesting.

Im so glad that ive found this forum,to exchange translations and cultural information,for my side,Im ready to provide and translate any Arabic song to English and vise versa.

If u r Spanish,which is great, it`d be really great if u help me out with the translation of a song i like by Ricky Martin called "Textrano",and by the way,u have to listen to "Zendeghi" by Hayedeh,its really touchy and addictive!

If u cant find Hayedeh songs,i can send it 2 u,just inform me.

Finally, thank you for this sweet forum and wish u all the best,and Vanda,sorry for the late greeting, Happy new year,God bless.

Vanda said:

wow wow wow!
    Hi addoosha!
    welcome neighbor!
    nice to meet you here. my name is vanda (vanda means desire/wish in persian) and i will 20 in september! by now i'm student.
    and then... first of all, you made me blush, and second i must send a greeting to your taste. Hayde had a unforgettable and non-repeating voice. she was amazing. God rest her soul.
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

Vanda said:

hi laura dear. tnx for your kind and mercy.
    and yes. wednesday was our newyear. our calendar is solar and we celebrate spring. the sign of months are according to this calendar*. it has more than 7000 year oldness. this year is 7029 year of Aryan/Mithraism, 3745 Zoroastrian, 2566 Achaemenian and 1386 solar Hejira.
    * what's your sign girls?
    and laura dear. if you like this song download from here. it has'nt a high quality. but it's better than nothing!

http://www.bia2.net/stream/hayedeh/B...eh/Khodaya.mp3

- Hafez

Vanda said:

Default zendegi(life) or khodaya(God) by the deceased hayde

khodaya, khodaya --- o God, o God
    khodaya, toye in donyaye bozorget --- o God, in your big world
    posidim ke --- we decaied
    mikhastim, mikhastim --- we wanted, we wanted
    mikhastim mesle in rozo nabinim --- we didn't want see this day(1)
    ke didim ke --- but we saw
    naze on, balaye on --- (we saw) world's mincing, world's calamity
    hasrate del, azabe alam --- (we saw) heart's regret, world's torture
    har chi bayad hame tak tak bekeshan --- all pains in this world
    ma keshidim ke --- we suffered by those
    zendegi migan baraye zendehast --- (every one) say life is for the livings
    ama... khodaya --- but... o God
    bas ke ma donbale zendegi davidim --- we followed life hardly
    boridim ke --- (now) we are tired anymore

vay bar ma, vay bar ma --- woe is us! woe is us!
    khabar az lahzeye parvaz nadashtim --- we didn'nt know the time of flying (dieing)(2)
    ta mikhastim labe ma'shogho bebosim --- till we wanted kiss our dears/lovers lip
    paridim ke --- we flyed(we died)

zendegi ghesseye talkhist --- life is a bitter story
    ke az aghazash --- which from its start
    bas ke azorde shodam --- as much as it bored me
    chashm be payan daram --- that i'm waiting for The End of life (waiting for die)

chashmi be ham zadim o donya guzasht --- the life pasted really quickly(3)
    dunbale ham emruzo farda gozasht --- days after days were past
    del mige baz farda ro az no besaz --- the heart says make your future anew(4)
    ey dele ghafel! --- o negligent heart!
    dige az ma gozasht --- it's too late for us(5)

1- "in roz" means "this day" but whole the sentence points to a "bad life"/ we did'nt want see this bad life! but we saw!
    2- "parvaz" means "flying" but in this sentence it means "dieing"
    3- chashmi be ham zadim o donya gozasht" literally means "life past in the twinkling of an eye!"
    4- "farda" literally means "tomorrow"
    5- "dige az ma gozasht" literally means "it pasted from us"

some words for laura
    خدا : khoda : God
    بزرگ : bozorg : great/big
    بلا : bala : calamity
    حسرت : hasrat : regret
    عذاب : azab : torture
    دنیا/عالم : alam/donya : the world
    زندگی : zendegi : life
    پرواز : parvaz : fly
    قصه : ghesse : story
    تلخ : talkh : bitter
    پایان : payan : the end

* anyway this song was full of allusions! so i explained those. if there is a problem yet plz infrom me.
    Last edited by Vanda; 03-23-2007 at 06:36 AM.

- Hafez

Vanda said:

persian font again

خدایا، خدایا
    خدایا توی این دنیای بزرگت
    پوسیدیم که
    میخواستیم، میخواستیم
    میخواستیم مثل این روز و نبینیم
    که دیدیم که
    ناز اون، بلای اون
    حسرت دل، عذاب عالم
    هر چی باید همه تک تک بکشن
    ما کشیدیم که
    ما کشیدیم که
    زندگی میگن برای زنده هاست
    اما خدایا
    بس که ما دنبال زندگی دویدیم
    بریدیم که
    اما خدایا
    بریدیم که
    وای بر ما . وای بر ما
    تا میخواستیم لب معشوقو ببوسیم
    پریدیم که
    زندگی قصه تلخیست
    که از آغازش
    بس که آزرده شدم
    چشم به پایان دارم
    ای دل غافل!
    دیگه از ما گذشت
    ای دل غافل!
    دیگه از ما گذشت
    اما خدایا
    بریدیم که

خدایا، خدایا
    خدایا توی این دنیای بزرگت پوسیدیم که
    میخواستیم، میخواستیم
    میخواستیم مثل این روزو نبینیم
    که دیدیم که
    ناز اون، بلای اون
    حسرت دل، عذاب عالم
    ما کشیدیم که
    ما کشیدیم که

- Hafez

Ecoliqua said:

Hi Addoosha, I will translate the song for you and will post it somewhere in the Spanish forum (to keep things tydy).
    Just a question, I do not know this song, but I believe the title is "TE EXTRAÑO"... could it be this one?...
    second question, do you preffer a literal translation, word to word to help you learn the language or a normal, poetic one?...

And third, are you a girl?!... I imediately thought that you were a boy, but Vanda thought you were a girls :-))) Now I dont know what you are!

Vanda, azizam, I am Taurus. I will be 33 on the 29th of April.

I really enjoy your translations. You are the persian version of Rock Star!!! :-)))

*Addoosha, Rock Start is our arabic idol whom, in the Arabic translation forum, translate every single song people ask him... and there are many!! maybe you could give him a hand. Take a llook at the post*.

addoosha said:

Smile

THANK U SO MUCH VANDA,

I really dont know what to say! that was really stunning.
    I was searching for so long,and couldnt find any translation,ive asked many people and no one could make it!

and just right after i registered in this forum,and right after i requested the translation,I got it! , that was really fast and marvelous, I really enjoyed it,thanx again my neighbour.

I know some persian words,and I thought that the song subject was about Zendeghi "life",but i didnt understand whats going on!

now,after ur help, I can really enjoy the song with all my senses.

ECO,Gracias! alot and yes the song title is te extrano,and u were right, im a man.
    And about the translation,I like to learn the spanish words but at the same time I`d like the song to keep its meaning,maybe if u translate it "Vanda`s style" would be great!

I`ll look for it in the spanish forum,thanx again,u both are great Amigos.

Ecoliqua said:

by the way Addoosha, I have already posted the translation of the song on the spanish forum. Hope you can find it.
    Laura

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by addoosha View Post
    THANK U SO MUCH VANDA,

I really dont know what to say! that was really stunning.
    I was searching for so long,and couldnt find any translation,ive asked many people and no one could make it!

and just right after i registered in this forum,and right after i requested the translation,I got it! , that was really fast and marvelous, I really enjoyed it,thanx again my neighbour.

I know some persian words,and I thought that the song subject was about Zendeghi "life",but i didnt understand whats going on!

now,after ur help, I can really enjoy the song with all my senses.

ECO,Gracias! alot and yes the song title is te extrano,and u were right, im a man.
    And about the translation,I like to learn the spanish words but at the same time I`d like the song to keep its meaning,maybe if u translate it "Vanda`s style" would be great!

I`ll look for it in the spanish forum,thanx again,u both are great Amigos.
    hi addoosha dear. sorry for my mistake. my mistake was beceause of it (addooshA) and i thought you are female. sorry again man!
    and you're welcome deary. another requests azizam?
    Last edited by Vanda; 03-25-2007 at 05:58 PM.

- Hafez

addoosha said:

It`s ok dear vanda,anyways its my nick name.

My real name is Haider and i guess its a very popular name in Iran too, right? but my little sister used to call me Addoosha! so the name stuck with me!

I`m sure that u can give me an advice about what should I listen further for persian artists, I like Hayedeh, Mahasti,Googoosh and i like this style so much and I can taste the traditional persian music in their songs,but when I listened to the modern music like Andy,Afshin,Mansour,kamran and hooman,etc..,they r good but I`ve found the dominant influence of the western music in their songs,in other words,they lost the persian taste alittle bit,while they have to be proud of their unique tradition. I dont know if u agree with me or not,but I liked the 70s and 80s music much more than the recently released songs.

so, what do u recommend? what is the best to listen to? that is close to my favorite singers style.

Btw, I liked the pictures so much, they r great, especially Isfahan and shiraz,inshallah I visit Iran one day and see all these places for real

Thanx Azizam.

Ecoliqua said:

I forgot something. Generally, I do share the same feeling as Addoosha regarding Iranian songs (and also arabic). It seems to me that the more modern the musics are, the worse they become (mainly because they imitate western styles). I try not to watch the videos of the arabic songs that I like, because they generally do not fit at all with the beautiness of the song. I am still shocked after I saw the video-clip of "sabri aleel" by shereen... I was imaging a beautiful egiptian girl with long hair and singing and dancing with the traditional, beautiful dress.... and a saw a girl in a disco in a completelly absurd scenario... but this is a matter of wanting what you dont have... Maybe I want a litle bit more of culture and traditions (even if I cannot complain to much... Spain is a quite conservative country regarding traditions after all... the problem is I do not like this Flamenco style very much).

So, Addoosha, I completely agree with yu regarding Iranian songs. It is not that I know very much, but I do also preffer traditional sounds rather than modern ones (except for Benyamin ;-))) But this is another story :-) I have personal reasons to like this Album. But I also like the sound anyway).Well, I just want to tell recomend you to listen to the song "Baran" (=Rain) by Omid (I believe!... but not sure), and tell me if you like it. I really like those kind of arythmic-within-rythem iranian songs ;-) At least I feel them like this... the rythem is so complex that it seems not to have rythem! but it has.

Well, I make a cut. Hasta luego! (lit. untill later)
    Laura

Ecoliqua said:

Last thing, I promiise!
    Well, for no one to feel ofended, I just want to clarify that I LOVE SHEREEN! Maybe I am not her fan number 1 (but number 2 I am! ;-). I listen to her everyday, as well as all the other arabic singers, but it is true that sometimes I feel as I described before...

Yes, yes, i leave, I leave....

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by addoosha View Post
    It`s ok dear vanda,anyways its my nick name.

My real name is Haider and i guess its a very popular name in Iran too, right? but my little sister used to call me Addoosha! so the name stuck with me!

I`m sure that u can give me an advice about what should I listen further for persian artists, I like Hayedeh, Mahasti,Googoosh and i like this style so much and I can taste the traditional persian music in their songs,but when I listened to the modern music like Andy,Afshin,Mansour,kamran and hooman,etc..,they r good but I`ve found the dominant influence of the western music in their songs,in other words,they lost the persian taste alittle bit,while they have to be proud of their unique tradition. I dont know if u agree with me or not,but I liked the 70s and 80s music much more than the recently released songs.

so, what do u recommend? what is the best to listen to? that is close to my favorite singers style.

Btw, I liked the pictures so much, they r great, especially Isfahan and shiraz,inshallah I visit Iran one day and see all these places for real

Thanx Azizam.
    hi again my dear
    yea. haider is a popular name in iran.
    about googoosh, hayde and... i'm agree with you but now youngs love pop, dance, rock and ... style. as you said kamran/hooman, afshin and ... are not bad but i like their songs just for dance!
    for listening i like Ebi, moein, googoosh(her old songs. her new songs are soooo bad and awful), daruish and ... i recommend their old songs. if you want songs name which are nice in my opinion inform me.

and i hope to see you in iran one day and i wish peace for my dear brothers and sisters in iraq. every time i think about iraq my heart twings with pain. carry my best greeting to iraq's palms. i think you are a firm people such as those honoured palms.

- Hafez

16. veryclever1980 said:

Default Hayedeh - Zendegi (Life) - A Realistic & Melancholic Song

Artist: هایده Hayedeh
    Song: زندگی Zendegi (The Life)
    Lyrics by: بیژن سمندر Bijan Samandar
    Music by: صادق نوجوکی Sadegh Nojouki

Youtube link with the best sound quality:
    [5tLTjuRb10o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLTjuRb10o[/video]

زندگی
    Zendegi
    (Life)

خدایا . خدایا
    Khodâyâ, Khodâyâ
    My Lord, my Lord
    Khodâyâ tooyeh donyâ-yeh bozorget poosidim keh
    My Lord, we have withered in your big world
    میخواستیم . میخواستیم
    Mikhâstim, Mikhâstim
    We wanted, we wanted
    Mikhâstim mesl-e in rooz o nabinim, keh didim keh
    not to see such a day in our lives, in which
    Nâz-e oon, balâ-yeh oon, hasrat-e delm azâb-e âlam
    its* pretence, its* curse, heartache and torment of fate have fallen upon us
    Harchi bâyad hameh tak tak bekeshan, mâ keshidim keh
    We have suffered every single suffering, which all the people would suffer **
    We have suffered every single suffering, which all the people would suffer

Zendegi migan barâyeh zendeh hâst, amma khodâyâ
    It is said that life is for the living people, but my Lord
    Bas keh mâ donbal-e zendegi davidim, boridim keh
    We have sought life in a way that we cannot keep on anymore

وای بر ما . وای بر ما
    Vây bar mâ, vây bar mâ
    Shame on us, shame on us
    Khabar az lahzeh-yeh parvâz nadâshtim
    We were unaware of the moment of flying***
    تا میخواستیم لب معشوقو ببوسیم . پریدیم که
    Tâ mikhâstim lab-e maashoogh o beboosim, paridim keh
    As we wanted to kiss the lips of the beloved, we flew away***

زندگی قصه تلخیست که از آغازش
    Zendegi ghesseh talkhist keh az âghâzash
    Life is a bitter ending story, from its beginning
    بس که آزرده شدم چشم به پایان دارم
    Bas keh azordeh shodam, chashm beh pâyân dâram
    I have been hurt so much that I am longing for its conclusion

Cheshmi beham zadim o donyâ gozasht
    Days have passed in a blink of an eye
    Donbâl-e ham emrooz o fardâ gozasht
    Today and tomorrow have followed each other
    Cheshmi beham zadim o donyâ gozasht
    Donbâl-e ham emrooz o fardâ gozasht
    Today and tomorrow have followed each other

Del migeh bâz fardâ ro az now besâz
    My heart demands me I should be reborn tomorrow once again
    Ey del-e ghâfel digeh az mâ gozasht
    Oh my oblivious heart, it is too late for me
    Ey del-e ghâfel digeh az mâ gozasht

خدایا . خدایا
    Khodâyâ, Khodâyâ
    My Lord, my Lord
    Khodâyâ tooyeh donyâ-yeh bozorget poosidim keh
    My Lord, we have withered in your big world
    میخواستیم . میخواستیم
    Mikhâstim, Mikhâstim
    We wanted, we wanted
    Mikhâstim mesl-e in rooz o nabinim, keh didim keh
    not to see such a day in our lives, in which
    Nâz-e oon, balâ-yeh oon, hasrat-e delm azâb-e âlam
    its pretence, its curse, heartache and torment of fate have fallen upon us
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * Here it refers to the world or destiny
    ** It means that we have suffered every possible suffering in this world
    *** The concept of flying indicates death
    Last edited by veryclever1980; 01-09-2014 at 12:46 AM.
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

Paul Orhan said:

CanIm-Azizam-MonAme,

My thank-you button is traditionally inactive so let me just say these lyrics moved me a lot.

Allow me to quote some parts here (forgive me, I'll stick to the English translation only):

"Shame on us, shame on us
    We were unaware of the moment of flying
    As we wanted to kiss the lips of the beloved, we flew away

Life is a bitter ending story from its beginning
    I have been hurt so much that I am longing for its conclusion

Todays and tomorrows have followed each other

My heart demands me I should be reborn tomorrow once again

"

Do I have to say more?...

Mamnoonam!
    Kokhamche

18. veryclever1980 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    CanIm-Azizam-MonAme,

My thank-you button is traditionally inactive so let me just say these lyrics moved me a lot.

Allow me to quote some parts here (forgive me, I'll stick to the English translation only):

Do I have to say more?...

Mamnoonam!
    Kokhamche
    Pawel, it's not me, it's the spirit behind the song that has haunted you. I know it's one of the most pessimistic songs in Persian music but at the same time it's one of the most beautiful ones.

This song depicts Hayedeh's life too. Her health was getting worse and worse after her exile. It's very strange that in her last concert (4 hours before her unpredicted death), she told the audience that "Life is like a train, and we are the passengers. Who knows, maybe I won't be with you tomorrow".

It's no surprise that even the new generation loves her songs. She confined her spirit to her songs.
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie
    Pawel, it's not me, it's the spirit behind the song that has haunted you. I know it's one of the most pessimistic songs in Persian music but at the same time it's one of the most beautiful ones.
    Bijan, please don't hurt my feelings by undervaluing your role 'cuz without your beautiful translation the spirit behind this song would have a lot of trouble in truly haunting me. It's only now when - thanks to you - I know the meaning behind the Persian lyrics that I feel like I'm shot right into my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius that's never lost in translation
    ...she told the audience that "Life is like a train, and we are the passengers. Who knows, maybe I won't be with you tomorrow".
    And this is something we so nonchalantly choose to forget, thinking in our arrogance or ignorance that we'll live forever...
    Indivuals forget, nations forget, politicians and rulers forget... If we stopped every day for a moment and reminded ourselves of this plain fact maybe our world would be a better place?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hayedeh Man
    She confined her spirit to her songs.
    And that's exactly why people will come back to her again and again and again.

Owlie, I'm quite sure she's so happy now seeing a young Persian guy doing translations of her songs and thus making them available and eternal to the public outside Iran.

Thank you again!
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 04-20-2011 at 01:15 AM.

harir said:

bizhan jan ja dare azat be khatere hameye mehrabooniat tashakkor konam.mer30 ke be yadami dadashi.