Omid - Baran

Thread: Omid - Baran

Tags: None

Vanda said:

Default Omid - Baran

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoliqua View Post
    I forgot something. Generally, I do share the same feeling as Addoosha regarding Iranian songs (and also arabic). It seems to me that the more modern the musics are, the worse they become (mainly because they imitate western styles). I try not to watch the videos of the arabic songs that I like, because they generally do not fit at all with the beautiness of the song. I am still shocked after I saw the video-clip of "sabri aleel" by shereen... I was imaging a beautiful egiptian girl with long hair and singing and dancing with the traditional, beautiful dress.... and a saw a girl in a disco in a completelly absurd scenario... but this is a matter of wanting what you dont have... Maybe I want a litle bit more of culture and traditions (even if I cannot complain to much... Spain is a quite conservative country regarding traditions after all... the problem is I do not like this Flamenco style very much).

So, Addoosha, I completely agree with yu regarding Iranian songs. It is not that I know very much, but I do also preffer traditional sounds rather than modern ones (except for Benyamin ;-))) But this is another story :-) I have personal reasons to like this Album. But I also like the sound anyway).Well, I just want to tell recomend you to listen to the song "Baran" (=Rain) by Omid (I believe!... but not sure), and tell me if you like it. I really like those kind of arythmic-within-rythem iranian songs ;-) At least I feel them like this... the rythem is so complex that it seems not to have rythem! but it has.

Well, I make a cut. Hasta luego! (lit. untill later)
    Laura

laura! do you mean this song which says:
    baran mibarad emshab, delam gham darad emshab
    ??

yes it's rain
    i really love it. i'll translate it tomorrow. omid's new album also is nice.
    download from here: Omid : Entezaar

specially hear track 2 and 5
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

Ecoliqua said:

Hi Vanda,

Thanks dear :-)

Well, the songs start like this:

Geriat nekhola
    Kukhu da roda
    Azin judoi
    Mino la tasga
    In del damoda (heart?... :-)
    Fardo kujoi
    Safar bekher
    Safar bekher
    Mosh soferemar
    Gerienako
    Jereniako
    Bekho terema

I am really sorry for spoiling your language like this! ;-) I hope you can understand a word... I just wrote down what I was hearing :-) It was strange, but I didnt know where to separate the words!

Thank you for Ashegh Shodam! I love it. :-) And we are finish with Benyamin then!

Besos,

Laura

Vanda said:

Default baran(rain) by Omid (album baran)

geryad be halam --- they cry because of me
    koh o dar o dasht --- mountain(s) and field(s)
    az in jodaee --- because of this separation
    minalad az gham in del damadam --- this heart groans because of sorrow(s) incessantly
    farda kojaee? --- where are you tomorrow?

safar be kheir --- good with you in travel(ing)
    safar be kheir --- good with you in travel(ing)
    mosafere man --- my passenger
    gerye nakon --- don't cry
    be khatere man --- because of me

baran mibarad emshab --- it rains tonight
    delam gham darad emshab --- my heart has sorrow tonight
    arame jane khaste --- soul's rest of this tired (body)
    rah miseparad emshab --- will goes far away tonight
    dar negahat mande chashmam --- my eye leaved out in your look
    shayad az fekre safar bargardi, emshab --- till you dispense your travel, tonight
    az to daram yadegari --- i have a memorial from you
    sardi ye in buse ra peyvaste bar lab --- this kiss's coldness on my lip for ever
    ghatre ghatre, ashke chashmam --- drop by drop, my eye's tear
    michekad ba nam name baran be daman --- (they) are droping with drizzling-rain on my clothes
    bastee bare safar ra --- you packed your travel's load
    ba to ey asheghtarin bad karde am man --- i behaved with you in a bad way, o loverest
    range chashmat --- your eye's color
    range darya --- it likes sea's color
    sineye man --- my heart
    dashte ghamha --- is like a sorrow's field
    yadam ayad, zire baran --- i remember, under the rain
    ba to budam, ba to tanha --- i was with you, only with you
    zire baran, ba to budam --- under the rain, i was with you
    zire baran, ba to tanha --- under the rain, only with you

baran mibarad emshab --- it rains tonight
    delam gham darad emshab --- my heart has sorrow tonight
    arame jane khaste --- soul's rest of this tired (body)
    rah miseparad emshab --- will goes far away tonight

in kalame akharinat --- your last word
    burde meile zendegi ra az sare man --- (it) picked up life's desire from me
    gufte ey --- you said
    shayad biyaee az safar --- may you come back (from travel)
    ama nemishe bavare man --- but i can't believe that
    raftanat ra karde bavar --- (my heart) believed your going
    eltemasam ra bebin dar in negaham --- watch my entreaty in my look
    zire baran gerye kardam --- i cryed under rain
    balke baran shuyad az janam gunaham --- perhaps the rain wash my sin from my soul
    in kalame akharinat --- your last word
    burde meile zendegi ra az sare man --- (it) picked up life's desire from me
    gufte ey --- you said
    shayad biyaee az safar --- may you come back (from travel)
    ama nemishe bavare man --- but i can't believe that

key ravad az khatere man(1) --- i'd never forget
    akharin buse shabi dar zire baran --- that night, (our)last kiss under rain
    rafty o kardam sedayat --- you left and i called you
    ama dar aghushe shab gashty to penhan --- but you were hidden in night's hug

1- literally means "when it'd be clean this from my mind?"

some words:

کوه : koh : mountain
    دشت : dasht : field
    جدايي : jodaee : separation
    دمادم : damadam : incessantly
    سفر : safar : travel
    مسافر : mosafer : passenger
    امشب : emshab : tonight
    خسته : khaste : tired
    نگاه : negah : look
    يادگاري : yadegari : memorial
    بوس/بوسه : buse/bus : kiss
    قطره : ghatre : drop
    رنگ : rang : color
    دريا : darya : sea
    زير : zir : under
    باران : baran : rain
    التماس : eltemas : entreaty
    گناه : gonah : sin
    آغوش : aghush : hug
    پنهان: penhan : hidden
    Last edited by Vanda; 03-29-2007 at 09:43 AM.

- Hafez

Vanda said:

persian font:

باران

گرید به حالم
    کوه و در و دشت
    از این جدایی
    مینالد از غم این دل دمادم
    فردا کجایی؟
    سفر به خیر
    سفر به خیر
    مسافر من
    گریه نکن
    گریه نکن
    به خاطر من

باران میبارد امشب
    دلم غم دارد امشب
    آرام جان خسته
    ره می سپارد امشب
    در نگاهت مانده چشمم
    شاید از فکر سفر برگردی امشب
    از تو دارم یادگاری
    سردی این بوسه را پیوسته بر لب
    قطره قطره اشک چشمم
    میچکد با نم نم باران به دامن
    بسته ای بار سفر را
    با تو ای عاشق ترین بد کرده ام من
    رنگ چشمت رنگ دریا
    سینه ی من دشت غم ها
    یادم آید زیر باران
    با تو بودم با تو تنها
    زیر باران با تو بودم
    زیر باران با تو تنها

باران میبارد امشب
    دلم غم دارد امشب
    آرام جان خسته
    ره می سپارد امشب

این کلام آخرینت
    برده میل زندگی را از سر من
    گفته ای
    شاید بیایی از سفر
    اما نمیشه باور من
    رفتنت را کرده باور
    التماسم را ببین در این نگاهم
    زیر باران گریه کردم
    بلکه باران شوید از جانم گناهم

این کلام آخرینت
    برده میل زندگی را از سر من
    گفته ای
    شاید بیایی از سفر
    اما نمیشه باور من

کی رود از خاطر من
    آخرین بوسه شبی در زیر باران
    رفتی و کردم صدایت
    اما در آغوش شب گشتی تو پنهان

- Hafez

Vanda said:

Hi Vanda,

Thanks dear :-)

Well, the songs start like this:

Geriat nekhola
    Kukhu da roda
    Azin judoi
    Mino la tasga
    In del damoda (heart?... :-)
    Fardo kujoi
    Safar bekher
    Safar bekher
    Mosh soferemar
    Gerienako
    Jereniako
    Bekho terema

I am really sorry for spoiling your language like this! ;-) I hope you can understand a word... I just wrote down what I was hearing :-) It was strange, but I didnt know where to separate the words!

Thank you for Ashegh Shodam! I love it. :-) And we are finish with Benyamin then!

Besos,

Laura
    no problem azizam but it was pretty good laura. at least you wrote 7 words correctly. (clap clap)

- Hafez

Ecoliqua said:

Vanda,

thank you very much really. You know, I downloaded this music just by luck. I usually download lots of songs and they are all mixed up in my i-tunes. First time I hear this song, I cried... :-( I couldnt understand what he was singing, but I could feel it was something really sad. Actually I thought Baran meant "Soul" (dont ask me why, it was my imagination). I love this song, but I confess it makes me sad. Now that I understand the lyrics, even more. But I like to learn new words. Problem is that I am starting to mix Farsi with Arabic.

:-) it is funny, today my boss told me that during the weekend he was telling his family how iranians were celebrating their New year, and how you are Persians and no Arabs, and how you speak farsi and not arabic... :-) So, you see, you are influencing more people than myself! :-) Because I tell him the things that I learn. I like to see how people get interested in knowing more about those far away countries. At least in this part of the world, the only thing that we see about midel and far east are immages of war, misery and religious fantism. It is sad, but this is the only image media shows.

Well, I believe you are ready for new translation :-). But Vanda, just do it when you have the time, I still have a lot of homework to do with all the previous songs... It is not so EASY to memorize those words. Although I feel that Farsi is easier than Arabic (alhamdulillah!).

So, next song is also from Omid: Gol e royayee (or something like this).

Besos y hasta mañana (kisses and until tomorrow)

Laura

Vanda said:

Vanda,

thank you very much really. You know, I downloaded this music just by luck. I usually download lots of songs and they are all mixed up in my i-tunes. First time I hear this song, I cried... :-( I couldnt understand what he was singing, but I could feel it was something really sad. Actually I thought Baran meant "Soul" (dont ask me why, it was my imagination). I love this song, but I confess it makes me sad. Now that I understand the lyrics, even more. But I like to learn new words. Problem is that I am starting to mix Farsi with Arabic.

:-) it is funny, today my boss told me that during the weekend he was telling his family how iranians were celebrating their New year, and how you are Persians and no Arabs, and how you speak farsi and not arabic... :-) So, you see, you are influencing more people than myself! :-) Because I tell him the things that I learn. I like to see how people get interested in knowing more about those far away countries. At least in this part of the world, the only thing that we see about midel and far east are immages of war, misery and religious fantism. It is sad, but this is the only image media shows.

Well, I believe you are ready for new translation :-). But Vanda, just do it when you have the time, I still have a lot of homework to do with all the previous songs... It is not so EASY to memorize those words. Although I feel that Farsi is easier than Arabic (alhamdulillah!).

So, next song is also from Omid: Gol e royayee (or something like this).

Besos y hasta mañana (kisses and until tomorrow)

Laura
    laura, hey laura! dokhtarak*-e spanish... listen to me! I LOVE YOU. did you know?
    well. Ey gole royayee is really nice. your taste is good sweetie

*(in persian: little girl-nice girl)

- Hafez

Ecoliqua said:

Sorry, one more video where you can see the atmosphere in the street (people looks pretty fanatic actually, but it is not like this), and the police there in the midle ;-). It was a long time I have not seen those images (I have been living abroad my country for many years) and now that I have come back, I find our traditions somehow weird. But things are like this. :-) Enjoy them! and learn!

YouTube - Semana Santa Sevilla La Exaltacion en Campana

Laura

Vanda said:

hey Laura...
    where are you girl? did you hear benjamin' new song???

download ghararemoon(our date) : http://dl-musicbaran.supersized.org/...Baran.Com_.mp3

- Hafez

Ecoliqua said:

:-)))))))))))))))))))))))

Hallo Vanda & Co,

I am here, I am here. It is just that I have some busy days with Easter and coming back to work again and I have thousand things to do!. It is funny, today i was having lunch with my boss and we were talking about work, about life, about relationships... and he told me he was really happy that I tell him things about Iran and Egypt and Iraq (yes, I talk about all those forgotten countries), that I am a kind of fresh air in the midle of so prejudice. I felt really happy of his compliment and I remebered all of you. Guys, keep the hard work on that side that I will dothe same in this side... untill we make the world a better place.

Vanda, I was really amazed with whta you wrote about nature and golden fishes and joining grass threats together. :-) is so childish and so romantic at the same time! :-) I like those kind of traditions. Unfortunatelly, we are really loosing those things here on the West... But I believe we will return to this point. Just wait and see. Good things never die.

Rergarding Benyamin new album I DIDNT KNOW IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGGG! I will try to download it imediatelly! :-)))) I am so excited!!!

By the way, thank you also for the translations of the songs. As always, I love to understand what they sing.

Love,

Laura

Vanda said:

:-)))))))))))))))))))))))

Hallo Vanda & Co,

I am here, I am here. It is just that I have some busy days with Easter and coming back to work again and I have thousand things to do!. It is funny, today i was having lunch with my boss and we were talking about work, about life, about relationships... and he told me he was really happy that I tell him things about Iran and Egypt and Iraq (yes, I talk about all those forgotten countries), that I am a kind of fresh air in the midle of so prejudice. I felt really happy of his compliment and I remebered all of you. Guys, keep the hard work on that side that I will dothe same in this side... untill we make the world a better place.

Vanda, I was really amazed with whta you wrote about nature and golden fishes and joining grass threats together. :-) is so childish and so romantic at the same time! :-) I like those kind of traditions. Unfortunatelly, we are really loosing those things here on the West... But I believe we will return to this point. Just wait and see. Good things never die.

Rergarding Benyamin new album I DIDNT KNOW IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!! ARGGGGGGGGG! I will try to download it imediatelly! :-)))) I am so excited!!!

By the way, thank you also for the translations of the songs. As always, I love to understand what they sing.

Love,

Laura

yessssssssss... I like benjamin songs now... just becuz of you laura!
    and now here 3 songs by benjamin. these are soundtracks of a film "Gorg o Mish(twilight)"
    enjoy them...

track 1 : http://persianone.com/Music/Irani/Si....com%20%5d.mp3

track 2 : http://persianone.com/Music/Irani/Si....com%20%5d.mp3

track 3 : http://persianone.com/Music/Irani/Si....com%20%5d.mp3

- Hafez

12. Salma said:

Smile

hi all
    i found this site while i was doing some research works and i couldn't help but registering in this amazing forum..i hope you all accept me as a new member..

anyway , to make the long story shorter.. i never liked persian songs actually i used to hate them coz i couldn't understand a single word .. but , my best friend _who is persian_ listens to persian music all the time and though i'm with her 24\7 i kinda fell in love with those songs..even though i understand nothing
    so . i was hoping to find help translating some songs i really love, so i can impress my friend by not needing her to translate everything for me..

the songs are:
    Dariush - Shaghayegh
    Dariush - Taghat
    Dariush - Nananin
    Omid -Zire baroon
    Omid - Shaksatni
    Moein - Lahzeha
    Moein - Ghasam Nakhoor
    Shahab Tiam - Dokhtar Kaboli

that's for now and excuse me for the long list :$
    thanks in advance

13. Cyrus The Great said:

Smile

hi Salma

Sorry for being late. you said "zire baroon by omid" I guess you want the song "Baran". Although Vanda has translated it once and it is available, I will put her translation for one more time but I changed it, you can find the original one on top of the third page of this thread. Hope you would like it, sorry but too busy to do your other requests right now.

Baran ,Omid

geryad be halam --- would cry for me…
    koh o dar o dasht --- mountains and fields
    minalad az gham in del damadam --- this heart groans incessantly because of sorrows
    farda kojaee? --- Where are you tomorrow? [where would you be]

safar be kheir --- bon voyage [or fare-you-well literally: good journey]
    safar be kheir --- bon voyage
    mosafere man --- my journeyer [traveler]
    be khatere man --- for me

baran mibarad emshab --- it is raining tonight
    delam gham darad emshab --- my heart is woeful tonight
    arame jane khaste --- the comfort [Merriam-Webster: comfort=one who gives comfort] of this tired soul…
    rah miseparad emshab --- will leave [go away] tonight

dar negahat mande chashmam --- my eyes have remained [stayed] in your look [waiting]…
    shayad az fekre safar bargardi emshab --- that maybe you would reverse yourself about traveling tonight
    az to daram yadegari
    sardiy-e in buse ra peyvaste bar lab --- I [would] always have the coldness of this kiss on my lips as a memento of you.
    ghatre ghatre, ashke chashmam --- drop by drop, my eye's tears…
    michekad ba nam name baran be daman --- are dropping along with drizzle on my clothes
    bastee bare safar ra --- you have packed your bags
    ba to ey asheghtarin bad karde am man --- I mistreated you, oh the most amorous one

range chashmat --- the color of your eyes…
    range darya --- is [like] the color of seas
    sineye man --- my heart…
    dashte ghamha --- is the field of sorrows
    yadam ayad, zire baran --- I remember, under the rain
    ba to budam, ba to tanha --- being with you [I was with you] , only with you
    zire baran, ba to budam --- under the rain, being with you

arame jane khaste --- the comfort of this tired soul

in kalame akharinat --- your last word…
    burde meile zendegi ra az sare man --- has removed the desire of living from my soul
    gufte-ee --- you said…
    shayad biyaee az safar --- that maybe you would come back from travel
    ama nemishe bavare man --- but I can not believe [accept] it

raftanat ra karde bavar --- (my heart) has believed [accepted] your leaving
    eltemasam ra bebin dar in negaham ---see [sense] my entreaty in my look
    zire baran gerye kardam --- I cried under rain
    balke baran shuyad az janam gunaham ---that perhaps rain would wash the sins of my soul

burde meile zendegi ra az sare man --- has removed the desire of living from my soul
    gufte ey --- you said…
    ama nemishe bavare man --- but I can't believe [accept] it

key ravad az khatere man(1) --- When would I forget… [means= I will never forget…]
    akharin buse shabi dar zire baran? ---the last kiss, on that night, under the rain
    rafty o kardam sedayat --- you left and I called you
    ama dar aghushe shab gashty to penhan --- but you hid in the hug of the night

hope you luck
    Last edited by Cyrus The Great; 06-21-2007 at 08:42 AM.

14. Salma said:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
    hi Salma

Sorry for being late. you said "zire baroon by omid" I guess you want the song "Baran". Although Vanda has translated it once and it is available, I will put her translation for one more time but I changed it, you can find the original one on top of the third page of this thread. Hope you would like it, sorry but too busy to do your other requests right now.

Baran ,Omid

geryad be halam --- would cry for me…
    koh o dar o dasht --- mountains and fields
    minalad az gham in del damadam --- this heart groans incessantly because of sorrows
    farda kojaee? --- Where are you tomorrow? [where would you be]

safar be kheir --- bon voyage [or fare-you-well literally: good journey]
    safar be kheir --- bon voyage
    mosafere man --- my journeyer [traveler]
    be khatere man --- for me

arame jane khaste --- the comfort [Merriam-Webster: comfort=one who gives comfort] of this tired soul…

dar negahat mande chashmam --- my eyes have remained [stayed] in your look [waiting]…
    shayad az fekre safar bargardi emshab --- that maybe you would reverse yourself about traveling tonight
    az to daram yadegari
    sardiy-e in buse ra peyvaste bar lab --- I [would] always have the coldness of this kiss on my lips as a memento of you.
    ghatre ghatre, ashke chashmam --- drop by drop, my eye's tears…
    michekad ba nam name baran be daman --- are dropping along with drizzle on my clothes
    bastee bare safar ra --- you have packed your bags
    ba to ey asheghtarin bad karde am man --- I mistreated you, oh the most amorous one

range chashmat --- the color of your eyes…
    range darya --- is [like] the color of seas
    sineye man --- my heart…
    dashte ghamha --- is the field of sorrows
    yadam ayad, zire baran --- I remember, under the rain
    ba to budam, ba to tanha --- being with you [I was with you] , only with you
    zire baran, ba to budam --- under the rain, being with you

arame jane khaste --- the comfort of this tired soul

gufte-ee --- you said…
    ama nemishe bavare man --- but I can not believe [accept] it

raftanat ra karde bavar --- (my heart) has believed [accepted] your leaving
    eltemasam ra bebin dar in negaham ---see [sense] my entreaty in my look
    zire baran gerye kardam --- I cried under rain
    balke baran shuyad az janam gunaham ---that perhaps rain would wash the sins of my soul

gufte ey --- you said…
    ama nemishe bavare man --- but I can't believe [accept] it

key ravad az khatere man(1) --- When would I forget… [means= I will never forget…]
    akharin buse shabi dar zire baran? ---the last kiss, on that night, under the rain
    rafty o kardam sedayat --- you left and I called you
    ama dar aghushe shab gashty to penhan --- but you hid in the hug of the night

hope you luck
    thanx .. but i really meant Zire baroon not Baran
    http://www.sarzaminmusic.com/Sarzami...e%20Baroon.mp3

and this is the lyrics
    زیر بارون توی ایوون شده خسته یه پریشون
    بی پناهه چشم به راهه دوری از اون یه گناهه
    دل با تو پاییزش بهاره بهاره ای عمر دوباره دوباره
    با تو در دل من غصه جا نداره
    زیر بارون توی ایوون شده خسته یه پریشون
    بی پناهه چشم به راهه دوری از اون یه گناهه هه هه هه
    تو رو داشتن واسه من یه نیازه
    با تو دل از همه چیز بی نیازه