Lets Ask for a New Persian Thread

Thread: Lets Ask for a New Persian Thread

Tags: None

aShOoRi said:

Quote Originally Posted by Vanda View Post
    Iranian -persian-
    (there is many races in iran : Persian- Lor-Kurd-Mazen-Gilak-Arab-Turkamn-Tork-Baluch-Ashor and...)

- I raised in UAE and live currently in Iran and UAE
    lol cool im ashoree but not from iran though, my parents were born in iraq although theres alot of ashoree in urmieh no?
    beganokh la azt shoqtle /
    go kharebota khadoota letlee /
    mdree mamteelan al orkhat maten /
    baabe em yeeme am khoone o khatee ...

"Ashur Bet Sargis - Sara D'Matan"

Vanda said:

yes ... northwest of iran
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

B-GOUDARZI said:

..I dont know if you'd guys know, But if you're qashqai are you turk =S

aShOoRi said:

Quote Originally Posted by B-GOUDARZI View Post
    ..I dont know if you'd guys know, But if you're qashqai are you turk =S
    yeah the qashqai people are turkic people that live in southwestern iran near the persian gulf so basically yeah they are turks but they have their own ethnicity

B-GOUDARZI said:

oh well..

aShOoRi said:

haha :P

addoosha said:

Hi Haider...
    I'm so happy for your successful performance and I'm sure that someday I'll cheer for you in your concert...
    and I wanna see the pics. plz plz plz send me some of them... I think TinyPic - Share The Experience!™ is good for uploading soooooo plz upload your pics there...

and tnx for your kindness. merci keteerrrrr

about hijab I'm totally with you. in iran just like all countries we have religion minority. for example armenians. they must wear whatever they want cuz hijab doesn't exist in their relligion but in iran they r forced to wear scarf.
    sometimes they incarcerate young girls. why? cuz they didn't wear his scarf in a right way. a girl with tender soul for a little mistake impounds with thiefs and habituals and bad women... even for a hour...

anyway... as always it would be over soon but unfortunately like this they make a horrible thing from religion for people...

Vandi

Hi Sweet neighbour

Its been along time,I was so busy with work,Im so tired but at least ive got some rest now.
    Here are some pics from the concert,although its not clear the camera was bad,btw, Im on the keyboard (behind the saxaphonist),hope u like them.

TinyPic - Share The Experience!™

Take care Azizam and see u soon

addoosha said:

Quote Originally Posted by aShOoRi View Post
    hey what nationality are u all and where are you guys from just out of curiousity??
    Hi Ashoori,Im Iraqi from Baghdad ,Arabi,I think you know that we ,in Iraq,say Athoori instead of Ashoori,I dont know if uve been in Iraq b4,but its well known that Assyrian are good musicians, i know about 20 assyrian 11 of them are musicians!

TC

aShOoRi said:

Quote Originally Posted by addoosha View Post
    Hi Ashoori,Im Iraqi from Baghdad ,Arabi,I think you know that we ,in Iraq,say Athoori instead of Ashoori,I dont know if uve been in Iraq b4,but its well known that Assyrian are good musicians, i know about 20 assyrian 11 of them are musicians!

TC

Hey addoosha, thats cool are you Iraqi or Chaldean-Iraqi? Because i aswell am Iraqi myself but my ethnicity is Assyrian (Atoraya) and my parents were born in Kirkuk (in Shimaal) and Baghdad lol :P..do you play any music? keyboard? most of the time if u dont see my out im at home playing on the keyboard (Assyrian/Iraqi/Farsi/Turkish music) or on the net (my neighbours always get angry because i put the music too high hehe)
    Last edited by aShOoRi; 04-30-2007 at 11:51 PM.

Ecoliqua said:

Hi all,

It is a bit dificul for me to sa where I am from. All my family is from north Spain, Galicia, but I was born in UK (my parents were livin there at that time)and raised in Sevilla, Andalusia (south Spain). When I was 25 I lef m ountry and spent 5 years in Lisbon, Portugal and 2 years in Germany. I return to Spain 6 months ago and nw I am living in Madrid. So, I really cant tell where do I feel I am from. I have no clue which ethnia am I... we dont ask for this over here :-) I thin we all belong to the same ethnia (except for the gipsies, but this is so evient that you dont need to ask. And forenger of course, but emigration is just a recent phenomen in Spain, and we simple ask "where ar you from?").

Addoshaa, I saw the pictures, very nice. The girl playing next o ou was also pretty. You ae in Jordan, arent you? I have hear that Jordanian girl are as pretty as Iranians. Is tht true? :-)

Is bank holliday today in many european countries.

Cheers, Laura

Vanda said:

Hi Sweet neighbour

Its been along time,I was so busy with work,Im so tired but at least ive got some rest now.
    Here are some pics from the concert,although its not clear the camera was bad,btw, Im on the keyboard (behind the saxaphonist),hope u like them.

Take care Azizam and see u soon

oh haider jan... merci keteer habibi
    laura is right. the girl is sooo pretty and you are so handsome too
    tnx tnx tnx again for the pics my dear neighbour

Vandi
    Last edited by Vanda; 05-02-2007 at 04:55 PM.

- Hafez

addoosha said:

Hey addoosha, thats cool are you Iraqi or Chaldean-Iraqi? Because i aswell am Iraqi myself but my ethnicity is Assyrian (Atoraya) and my parents were born in Kirkuk (in Shimaal) and Baghdad lol :P..do you play any music? keyboard? most of the time if u dont see my out im at home playing on the keyboard (Assyrian/Iraqi/Farsi/Turkish music) or on the net (my neighbours always get angry because i put the music too high hehe)
    Hey ashoori,shlonak?
    well, im originally from the north-west of iraq ,from Rabe`a tribes, around the syrian border,but my grand grand father settled in Baghdad.

I play guitar and keyboard,i have Yamaha A-1000 (oriental keyboard)-im sure u know it,also i play different styles,iraqi,arabic,western,blues,rock,etc...
    i composed some stuff on guitar and keyboard,i`ll put a link soon
    i`ll check ur music , maybe someday we can cooperate to do some music

Fe aman Allah

addoosha said:

Talking

I will do that in this topic soon

I think addoosha likes that song too
    Hey Vandi

u r scaring me , how did u know i like this song????

thank u so much for the translations they r wonderful...

i think there should be a specialized forum for the persian translation and u should be the moderator for it.

take care jealous Vandi,i think ur color is great, no need for Laura`s

Khoda Hafiz

aShOoRi said:

Hey ashoori,shlonak?
    well, im originally from the north-west of iraq ,from Rabe`a tribes, around the syrian border,but my grand grand father settled in Baghdad.

I play guitar and keyboard,i have Yamaha A-1000 (oriental keyboard)-im sure u know it,also i play different styles,iraqi,arabic,western,blues,rock,etc...
    i composed some stuff on guitar and keyboard,i`ll put a link soon
    i`ll check ur music , maybe someday we can cooperate to do some music

Fe aman Allah
    Shlama (peace) adoosha im fine thx how are you doing abul 7ob? :P..btw is adoosha ur name? because it means honey in our language (doosha) hehe..

Cool so your originally from the North-West, does that make you from the ninawa district of iraq? I'm from the north aswell but because we have a millet system (which are different tribes within a nation) my grandfathers were actually from the village of Asheetha in the Hakkari district of Turkey (South-East) and my grandmother is half Urmijnatha (from urmieh in iran) but they moved to the popular urbanized areas of iraq so yeah....do you guys have millets?

Ofcourse I know the Yamaha Psr-a 1000...ive got one, it works wonders lol...Yeah i'd love to check out your music who knows, maybe we can work on something haha. Btw do you have any voices and styles for the psr-a 1000? I can upload you some if you want?

Salam ya akhi
    Last edited by aShOoRi; 05-14-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Vanda said:

hey haider... download this song. I know you'd love it... I know your taste habibi

- Hafez

Ecoliqua said:

Hi all,

Vanda, thanks again for the translations. I like this Karbala song. And thank you too for the cultural explanations. I saw the golden tomb!. What are you planning to study? Teacher would fit you good ;-) Or Public Relations ;-)

Regarding my attraction to Farsi music, language and culture, Ashoori, I must confess is something quite strange for a Spanish person. It was also strange for me 2 years ago when I did know nothing about Iran except the typical things shown on tv: women being killed with stones for betraying their men, demonstrations with fanatic people setting on fire dummies with the image of Bush or burning the American flag, successful doctors, fully integrated on occidental societies kidnapping their children and taking them back to Iran… this kind of things. Of course, you get scared.
    But then, one fine day, I met an Iranian guy in Germany. There are plenty of Iranians in Germany. Not in Spain. I have never met an Iranian person here. Actually, immigration in Spain is a quite recent phenomenon. Until the 60s we were the ones who emigrated. I have never had a non white, non catholic person in my school, as an example (well, gypsies, but they somehow live in a kind of parallel world. And they are white and catholic).
    At the time I met my Iranian friend. I remember the first thing I asked to him was: would you exchange me for camels?... it was half a joke-half my real fears… he got really angry, actually, and told me that Iranians have never done that to their women and that even Arabs don’t do this anymore. Then I thought: I have to learn more about this country. I already liked Arabic music so I wanted to see how Iranian music sounded like. And I loved it!. Then I was curious to know what the hell do they speak in Iran (as I discovered it was not Arabic ☺), then I discovered Farsi was pretty much like a roman language: nouns, verbs, adjectives… ☺ it must sound idiot, but I thought it was something more like Chinese or so, but not. It was a very comprehensive language, even easy!. Today this person is a very good friend of mine. I find interesting how sometimes a person can change your life so much. It is as if he would have opened a window for me, a window where I can see beautiful things instead of bad things.
    Actually, now that I now a bit of Arabic and a bit of farsi, I think farsi is much easier because is more regular. Although I study Arabic more because I think is more broadly spoken.
    So, I ended up here just for curiosity and because I am sick of the stories that sell to us in the TV and wanted to discover by myself.
    Last week, my Arabic teacher told me something that made me think a lot. He is Moroccan and told me that his mother didn’t want to come to Europe to visit him because she thinks we are undeveloped. ☺. Imaging? The ones that WE think are undeveloped think about US that WE are undeveloped! ☺ I had never thought about this before… It is very easy to stay in your reality and not to think in the reality of others. In this case, this woman was being as intolerant as we are. So, as I always say, we must be mutually, biderctionally tolerant.

Ecoliqua said:

Talking

the assyrian alphabet is very easy to learn, it is a dialect of the aramaic alphabet (the language of jesus similar to hebrew and mandaean) just like the arabic alphabet derived off ours which is why i can read and understand some arabic and also farsi but instead of v in the hebrew alphabet we say w (vay = way or baklava = baklawa etc.) but varies with the different millets so if you are an assyrian from iran you would replace w with v or in turkey you would replace p with f and so forth..here is a link Welcome to The Assyrian Aramaic Language Website if u want (its also how i learn it but shh lol)
    Well, when I tell people I am learning arabic, they look at me like thinking "mmm, she looked so normal...". Then, when I say that I am an active member of a farsi songs translation forum, they step back a bit, look at me, frown, and think "this girl is a freak". I am honestly scared on how people will react when I said I am learninc Assirian Arameic. For sure they wont invite me to any other party... so I guess I will keep it in secret.

I am absolutelly kidding :-) I find it quite interesting. I really love oriental alphabets because, as Vanda said, is like painting. And it is a great feeling when you understand those "scratchs".

Today is a bank holliday here in Madrid: San Isidro, the saint of the town. And the saint of the agriculture. I honestly have not clue about wich miracles he did. I heard he put some angels to work the land for him, so some people consider him the saint who protect those who do not want to work :-) Here in Spain people make a joke of everything.

aShOoRi said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoliqua View Post
    Hi all,

Vanda, thanks again for the translations. I like this Karbala song. And thank you too for the cultural explanations. I saw the golden tomb!. What are you planning to study? Teacher would fit you good ;-) Or Public Relations ;-)

Regarding my attraction to Farsi music, language and culture, Ashoori, I must confess is something quite strange for a Spanish person. It was also strange for me 2 years ago when I did know nothing about Iran except the typical things shown on tv: women being killed with stones for betraying their men, demonstrations with fanatic people setting on fire dummies with the image of Bush or burning the American flag, successful doctors, fully integrated on occidental societies kidnapping their children and taking them back to Iran… this kind of things. Of course, you get scared.
    But then, one fine day, I met an Iranian guy in Germany. There are plenty of Iranians in Germany. Not in Spain. I have never met an Iranian person here. Actually, immigration in Spain is a quite recent phenomenon. Until the 60s we were the ones who emigrated. I have never had a non white, non catholic person in my school, as an example (well, gypsies, but they somehow live in a kind of parallel world. And they are white and catholic).
    At the time I met my Iranian friend. I remember the first thing I asked to him was: would you exchange me for camels?... it was half a joke-half my real fears… he got really angry, actually, and told me that Iranians have never done that to their women and that even Arabs don’t do this anymore. Then I thought: I have to learn more about this country. I already liked Arabic music so I wanted to see how Iranian music sounded like. And I loved it!. Then I was curious to know what the hell do they speak in Iran (as I discovered it was not Arabic ☺), then I discovered Farsi was pretty much like a roman language: nouns, verbs, adjectives… ☺ it must sound idiot, but I thought it was something more like Chinese or so, but not. It was a very comprehensive language, even easy!. Today this person is a very good friend of mine. I find interesting how sometimes a person can change your life so much. It is as if he would have opened a window for me, a window where I can see beautiful things instead of bad things.
    Actually, now that I now a bit of Arabic and a bit of farsi, I think farsi is much easier because is more regular. Although I study Arabic more because I think is more broadly spoken.
    So, I ended up here just for curiosity and because I am sick of the stories that sell to us in the TV and wanted to discover by myself.
    Last week, my Arabic teacher told me something that made me think a lot. He is Moroccan and told me that his mother didn’t want to come to Europe to visit him because she thinks we are undeveloped. ☺. Imaging? The ones that WE think are undeveloped think about US that WE are undeveloped! ☺ I had never thought about this before… It is very easy to stay in your reality and not to think in the reality of others. In this case, this woman was being as intolerant as we are. So, as I always say, we must be mutually, biderctionally tolerant.
    Thats very interesting Ecoliqua, its weird how we fall into new trends hey? I myself never used to listen to ethnic music unless it was fast arabic music or a huge club banger lol but it was Googoosh that got me into farsi music because it was my dads favourite singer back in Iraq and he used to play her song "Man Amadeam" when I was younger and I came across it and I fell in love because it had Assyrian elements in the song that Ive never heard in other middle eastern music before...from there on I fell in love with all a majority of her songs and I started to explore other Persian music; with advice off my uncles ofcourse because they LOVE farsi music aswell

aShOoRi said:

Well, when I tell people I am learning arabic, they look at me like thinking "mmm, she looked so normal...". Then, when I say that I am an active member of a farsi songs translation forum, they step back a bit, look at me, frown, and think "this girl is a freak". I am honestly scared on how people will react when I said I am learninc Assirian Arameic. For sure they wont invite me to any other party... so I guess I will keep it in secret.

I am absolutelly kidding :-) I find it quite interesting. I really love oriental alphabets because, as Vanda said, is like painting. And it is a great feeling when you understand those "scratchs".

Today is a bank holliday here in Madrid: San Isidro, the saint of the town. And the saint of the agriculture. I honestly have not clue about wich miracles he did. I heard he put some angels to work the land for him, so some people consider him the saint who protect those who do not want to work :-) Here in Spain people make a joke of everything.
    LOL yeah I guess I understand where your getting at, its interesting to explore other cultures and their history etc. but I usually do it out of boredom then later on I get addicted hehe

Happy San Isidro Bank holiday (hope thats what its called 8-))

Tangna said:

you have a great outlook on life and different cultures... it'd be great if there were more people like yourself out there
    begooid ke bar gooram benevisand:

zendeh boodan ra baraye zendegi doost dasht,
    na zendegi ra baraye zendeh boodan.