Kamran & Hooman - 20

Thread: Kamran & Hooman - 20

Tags: None

bratadishtar said:

Default Kamran & Hooman - 20

Hi all. I'm a new member from Chicago in the U.S. My family is Assyrian, but my mother is from Northern Iran and my dad was born in Baghdad. Since I was young I've been fascinated with languages in general. I've studied Italian for about 4 years now, I'd love to learn some more Spanish [I can get around basic words]. But Farsi and Arabic are my passions. Up until recently, I wasn't into much popular Farsi music, though. But I've jumped on the Kamran & Hooman band wagon. Lol. I was wondering if someone could translate 20 (Bisti) for me?

Thanks so much! =D

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by bratadishtar View Post
    Hi all. I'm a new member from Chicago in the U.S. My family is Assyrian, but my mother is from Northern Iran and my dad was born in Baghdad. Since I was young I've been fascinated with languages in general. I've studied Italian for about 4 years now, I'd love to learn some more Spanish [I can get around basic words]. But Farsi and Arabic are my passions. Up until recently, I wasn't into much popular Farsi music, though. But I've jumped on the Kamran & Hooman band wagon. Lol. I was wondering if someone could translate 20 (Bisti) for me?

Thanks so much! =D
    Hi bratadishtar ... welcome deary
    mmm... I think your are second assyrian member here... we have another nice one
    anways... I'll translate this song for you and then if you see an unmeaning sentence let me know... I'll explain better

hope you enjoy this forum
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

aShOoRi said:

Thanks so much! =D
    shlama ilakh khathi, dakheewit?? welcome to the board!! its nice too see another assyrian who enjoys farsi music hehe...just out of curiousity what millet are u??
    beganokh la azt shoqtle /
    go kharebota khadoota letlee /
    mdree mamteelan al orkhat maten /
    baabe em yeeme am khoone o khatee ...

"Ashur Bet Sargis - Sara D'Matan"

Vanda said:

Default Bist (20) by Kamran & Hooman (Album 20)

to khodet nomreye bisti --- you are number 20*
    to messe hichkasi nisti --- you are not like anyone else

kasi mesle to nadidam --- I've never seen a (girl/boy) like you
    toye ghessam nashenidam --- (and) never heard even in story(about some one like you)
    na ghadima o na hala --- not at olden times, not now
    hishki nist on ghad o bala --- nobody had/has a nice shape like you
    kasi mesle to balad nist --- nobody can
    ham bekhad yek bashe ham bist --- be number 1 and number 20 at the same time (like you)
    to recorda ro shekasti --- you've broken all records
    toye har ghalbi neshasti --- you sit in all hearts

hichkasi mesle to mah nist --- nobody is moon like you
    messe cheshmat bi gonah nist --- (nobody is) innocent(pure) like your eyes
    hichkasi ghade to ziba nist toye hich jaye donya --- nobody is beautiful(as much as you are) in all of the world
    rango az har ja biyari --- if you bring the color from anywhere
    range cheshmato nadari --- (nevertheless) you don't have a color like your eyes' color
    naghashit karde khodamoon --- our God has painted you
    ba medade noor o baroon --- by a pencil from light and rain

to tavaloodi, shoroee --- you are the birth and start (of everything)
    range avali, tolou'ee --- you are the first color and sunrise
    aberoye ghesse haee --- you are the honor of stories
    khabare khooshi, doa'ee --- you are a good news and prayer

* 20 is the best number in Iran. when we say "some one is 20" we mean "he/she is the best"

Download : http://sarzamin.org/Sarzaminmusic/Pe...n/01_%2020.mp3

Video : Kamran and Hooman - 20 | Music Video | Bia2.com

Persian :

تو خودت نمره ی بیستی
    تو خودت نمره ی بیستی
    تو خودت نمره ی بیستی
    تو مثه هیچ کسی نیستی
    كسي مثل تو نديدم
    توي قصه ام نشنيدم
    نه قديما و نه حالا
    هیشکی نیست اون قد بالا
    كسي مثل تو بلد نيست
    هم بخواد يك باشه هم بیست
    تو ركوردا رو شكستي
    توي هر قلبي نشستي

هیچ کسی مثل تو ماه نیست
    مثل چشمات بی گناه نیست
    هیچ کسی قده تو زیبا
    نیست توی هیچ جای دنیا
    رنگ و از هر جا بیاری
    رنگ چشماتو نداری
    نقاشیت کرده خدامون
    با مداد نور و بارون

کسی مثل تو ندیدم
    توی قصه ام نشنیدم
    نه قدیما و نه حالا
    هیشکی نیست اون قد بالا
    تو تولدی شروعی
    رنگ اولی طلوعی
    آبروی قصه هایی
    خبر خوشی دعایی
    Last edited by Vanda; 06-07-2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: add video
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

bratadishtar said:

Question

Pshana khoonni! Spay, Baseemah. Lol thanks! *excited jump... eh not really a jump more of a jolt, whatever* Yeah, it IS nice. I get really frustrated with people being so stuck in their own culture. I'm obviously very proud of mine, and everyone ought to be. But that doesn't mean you close yourself off to everyone else's culture, now does it? Especially when it's part of the way your parents were raised! I am oormignetah! WOOT! Yeah, my mom's born in Urmia, Iran, and my dad's dad was born there as well, before fleeing to Baghdad. So, being an Assyrian with both Iranian and Iraqi parents has always kept me kind of in the middle. I have to remember to use certain words with my mom's family and other words with my dad's... lol Always interesting.

Shimii eelih Mariam, by the way. Lenwah mirta. =D Shimookh pshana?

Quote Originally Posted by aShOoRi View Post
    shlama ilakh khathi, dakheewit?? welcome to the board!! its nice too see another assyrian who enjoys farsi music hehe...just out of curiousity what millet are u??
    Last edited by bratadishtar; 06-07-2007 at 11:35 PM.
    Sheikhani rigdit oomta
    Kha shima khoot kha ata.
    - Evin Aghassi

bratadishtar said:

Thumbs up

I <3 you! lol thanks!

Does anyone else think the Black Cats song "Bia Bia" sound extremely like an Agassi song in Assyrian? The music at least.
    Last edited by bratadishtar; 06-07-2007 at 11:34 PM.
    Sheikhani rigdit oomta
    Kha shima khoot kha ata.
    - Evin Aghassi

aShOoRi said:

Pshana khoonni! Spay, Baseemah. Lol thanks! *excited jump... eh not really a jump more of a jolt, whatever* Yeah, it IS nice. I get really frustrated with people being so stuck in their own culture. I'm obviously very proud of mine, and everyone ought to be. But that doesn't mean you close yourself off to everyone else's culture, now does it? Especially when it's part of the way your parents were raised! I am oormignetah! WOOT! Yeah, my mom's born in Urmia, Iran, and my dad's dad was born there as well, before fleeing to Baghdad. So, being an Assyrian with both Iranian and Iraqi parents has always kept me kind of in the middle. I have to remember to use certain words with my mom's family and other words with my dad's... lol Always interesting.

Shimii eelih Mariam, by the way. Lenwah mirta. =D Shimookh pshana?
    lol pshena mariam, itli raba iqara biyakh brata'd omta hehe.. my name is paul but they call me pauly aswell (or chooky/bazoona in sureth lolllll)....yeah im proud of my culture aswell but im also very interested in the cultures that exist in our homeland in turkey, syria, iran and iraq..my grandfather is half urmijnaya from urmieh (his related to mar shimun) but the rest of my family are ashetnaye originally from asheetha in turkey but have fled to ninawa and kirkuk areas in shimaal lol..so your from chicago hey, theres plenty of assyrians there lah?

bratadishtar said:

Michael Jackson twins indeed. I can't help but feel if they let the eyebrows plucked, I can't stand the Unibrow, but NATURAL somewhat, it wouldn't be so bad. And the paleness and the make-up and the dancing... Is it me, or is Iranian pop music in general still too strongly inspired by Michael Jackson? lol This is why it took me this long to get INTO Iranian pop... which usually isn't even popular IN iran, but whatever. The OLD stuff was so great. Gogoosh and Daryiush and such and such.

And I know I'm old school for a young person, but I'm kind of like that in general with music. I so prefer old classic rock music to anything on the radio nowadays.

I am an old person inside.

Paul, lol my cousins call me Mariam Sotah!
    Sheikhani rigdit oomta
    Kha shima khoot kha ata.
    - Evin Aghassi

aShOoRi said:

LOL! dw, alot of people turn out much mature at a younger age..im only 17 lol :$..how old are u btw? I am also into the classic stuff, Persian and Assyrian mainly (sometimes armenian)..but yeah I guess because ive never heard any other culture in the middle east use this unique pop music because other countries are more how should i say"arabized" by the middle eastern drums etc.

P.S. Have you heard much of Vigen's songs? Theyre really similar to George Chaharbakshi and Evin Agassi's music, i guess its because of their urmian dialect lol

George Chaharbakshi music
    Evin Aghassi music
    Last edited by aShOoRi; 06-13-2007 at 05:21 AM.

bratadishtar said:

Wink

LOL! dw, alot of people turn out much mature at a younger age..im only 17 lol :$..how old are u btw? I am also into the classic stuff, Persian and Assyrian mainly (sometimes armenian)..but yeah I guess because ive never heard any other culture in the middle east use this unique pop music because other countries are more how should i say"arabized" by the middle eastern drums etc.

P.S. Have you heard much of Vigen's songs? Theyre really similar to George Chaharbakshi and Evin Agassi's music, i guess its because of their urmian dialect lol

George Chaharbakshi music
    Evin Aghassi music
    I <3 Agassi. Him and my cousin are best friends. lol WOOT URMIA! lol. And yeah, I like Vigen! It's true what you say, the rest of the Middle East is not "poppy". Maybe Egypt... Amr Diab is <3 awesome. I will be 19 in two months. Yeah, I guess we are maturing rather quickly. Maybe we just have more sense than most people our age. =D
    Sheikhani rigdit oomta
    Kha shima khoot kha ata.
    - Evin Aghassi

aShOoRi said:

I <3 Agassi. Him and my cousin are best friends. lol WOOT URMIA! lol. And yeah, I like Vigen! It's true what you say, the rest of the Middle East is not "poppy". Maybe Egypt... Amr Diab is <3 awesome. I will be 19 in two months. Yeah, I guess we are maturing rather quickly. Maybe we just have more sense than most people our age. =D
    lah lah lah? ive never met him though my uncle has a photo taken with him lol...wow your almost 19 hey? are u studying?? i gotta wait another year til im legal *sigh*

bratadishtar said:

Talking

lah lah lah? ive never met him though my uncle has a photo taken with him lol...wow your almost 19 hey? are u studying?? i gotta wait another year til im legal *sigh*
    haha yeah it's fun being legal I suppose. Yeah he's a really nice guy. =D

Yes, I'm majoring in Journalism and International Studies, with minors in History and Italian... told you, I love languages and culture! My mission is to get half way decent in Farsi, and next summer I'm going to Iran [allahmente] to visit my uncles and aunts there. From there, I hope to learn Arabic, and then I'll learn Spanish. Lol. Italian, I hope to be fluent in by the time I graduate.... I'm almost there. ;-)
    Sheikhani rigdit oomta
    Kha shima khoot kha ata.
    - Evin Aghassi

aShOoRi said:

haha yeah it's fun being legal I suppose. Yeah he's a really nice guy. =D

Yes, I'm majoring in Journalism and International Studies, with minors in History and Italian... told you, I love languages and culture! My mission is to get half way decent in Farsi, and next summer I'm going to Iran [allahmente] to visit my uncles and aunts there. From there, I hope to learn Arabic, and then I'll learn Spanish. Lol. Italian, I hope to be fluent in by the time I graduate.... I'm almost there. ;-)
    Wow, you must be very bi-lingual hey? o0o0o0o I'd love to learn farsi aswell..the only languages I am a bit familiar with are Greek, Macedonian and Iraqi Arabic (duh). Don't you know any arabic at all though? or don't your parents speak it at home?

bratadishtar said:

Wow, you must be very bi-lingual hey? o0o0o0o I'd love to learn farsi aswell..the only languages I am a bit familiar with are Greek, Macedonian and Iraqi Arabic (duh). Don't you know any arabic at all though? or don't your parents speak it at home?
    I know a few words in Arabic... basic things I suppose. But no, only languages spoken at home are Assyrian and English. I want to learn Arabic and Farsi though so when I go to the Middle East, I don't have to rely on a translator and hell learning languages is just fun. =D
    Sheikhani rigdit oomta
    Kha shima khoot kha ata.
    - Evin Aghassi

aShOoRi said:

I know a few words in Arabic... basic things I suppose. But no, only languages spoken at home are Assyrian and English. I want to learn Arabic and Farsi though so when I go to the Middle East, I don't have to rely on a translator and hell learning languages is just fun. =D
    Oh ok, i wouldve thought you spoke atleast some arabic words at home (even some assyrian words i never knew existed were actually in iraqi-arabic lol) but i speak with the ashiret dialect (like many other western and central groups) i.e the T we say TH 'Asheeta - Asheetha'. Arabi and Farsi seem like simple languages to learn but i think the writing part is just a bit hard. Btw you added me on msn but i cant find you on my list though lol

xx

Ecoliqua said:

Hi Bratadishtar (well, you also have a difficult name for me to write ;-)

WHO is Mariah Sotah??? I could not find it in the net :-I...

bratadishtar said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoliqua View Post
    Hi Bratadishtar (well, you also have a difficult name for me to write ;-)

WHO is Mariah Sotah??? I could not find it in the net :-I...
    Hi Ecoliqua! =D Lol yeah it is kind of hard. You can just call me Mariam, that is afterall my name.

Brata D'Ishtar = Daughter of Ishtar in Assyrian [which is what I am, same as Paul]. Ishtar was the Mother Goddess of Assyrian Mythology, pre-Christianity. Goddess of War, Love, and Fertility. Yeah. She was pretty freaking awesome. =D

So you're from Spain right? I'm obsessed with Spain. I plan on taking my spring holiday there when I study abroad in Rome [which will be in a year and a half now =D] BARTHELONA [spelled phonetically] here I come! <3

Mariam Sotah is a nickname my cousins call me. I have mostly younger cousins, and I'm 19. It's a funny story. I was sitting on the floor of my 14 year old cousin's bedroom and I got up and said "Ow! My back hurts!" And she said "Haha! Old Lady Mariam! Mariam Sotah!" Sotah means old lady in Assyrian. So, it's just kind of funny, because Paul and I were saying how we like older music, even though we're young people. =D
    Sheikhani rigdit oomta
    Kha shima khoot kha ata.
    - Evin Aghassi

bratadishtar said:

Oh ok, i wouldve thought you spoke atleast some arabic words at home (even some assyrian words i never knew existed were actually in iraqi-arabic lol) but i speak with the ashiret dialect (like many other western and central groups) i.e the T we say TH 'Asheeta - Asheetha'. Arabi and Farsi seem like simple languages to learn but i think the writing part is just a bit hard. Btw you added me on msn but i cant find you on my list though lol

xx
    lol purplehair307@hotmail.com =D

And I guess we always do use a few Arabic words, sometimes unknowingly. But it' s funny having my dad's family be from Iraq, where they'll sometimes throw in Arabic [but they've all been in the States for atleast 20 years, so it's really either Assyrian or English] but my mom's family from Iran hasn't been here more than 5 years. So they'll say things like "Ashboskhahnah" , which is almost identical to Farsi, for kitchen instead of "mudbukh" as Iraqi Assyrians tend to say. And "Jdeelah" for ice instead of "talgah" and gdeelah for key with a hard g sound. So yeah, it's always kind of interesting because if I use certain words sometimes they won't get it and I have to reexplain using a different word. And oddly enough though we're all Oormigniah. =D
    Last edited by bratadishtar; 06-18-2007 at 11:02 PM.
    Sheikhani rigdit oomta
    Kha shima khoot kha ata.
    - Evin Aghassi

aShOoRi said:

lol purplehair307@hotmail.com =D

And I guess we always do use a few Arabic words, sometimes unknowingly. But it' s funny having my dad's family be from Iraq, where they'll sometimes throw in Arabic [but they've all been in the States for atleast 20 years, so it's really either Assyrian or English] but my mom's family from Iran hasn't been here more than 5 years. So they'll say things like "Ashboskhahnah" , which is almost identical to Farsi, for kitchen instead of "mudbukh" as Iraqi Assyrians tend to say. And "Jdeelah" for ice instead of "talgah" and gdeelah for key with a hard g sound. So yeah, it's always kind of interesting because if I use certain words sometimes they won't get it and I have to reexplain using a different word. And oddly enough though we're all Oormigniah. =D
    Lol I understand what you mean, the language she speaks at home is Iranian Koine (a dialect of Assyrian with Iranian words). Me, I've never heard of the word "Ashboskhahnah" but I do say "Mudbakh". Lol I always thought "Jdeelah" meant to touch something sharp but I guess that somehow has a connotation to Ice. That hard g sound in "Gdeelah" you would pronounce as "Qdeela" i.e. "iraQ" in assyrian haha thats the thing I love about our alphabet, it contains letters that most westerners aren't quite used to (like KH, Q, 'A, the hard DT, AY, H, S). That reminds me, do you know how to use their number substitutes?
    For I.e.
    "Eye" = Ana = 3Ana
    "X-Ray" = She'a = She2a
    "Devil" = Satana = 9a6ana
    "Cold" = Qartha = 8artha
    "Eat" = Khool = 5ool
    "Mountains" = Tooraneh = 6ooraneh
    "Darling" = Habibi = 7abibi
    Last edited by aShOoRi; 06-19-2007 at 08:44 AM.

20. lovepaul said:

Smile New here

Salam!

Hale shoma khube?
    I found this wonderful thread while searching for Kamran & Hooman's lyrics.
    I understand a little Farsi, but would love to learn more and this thread has been a great help. Merci!