Omid - Harime Asheghi

Thread: Omid - Harime Asheghi

Tags: None

Ecoliqua said:

Default Omid - Harime Asheghi

Hallo Masood (or Cyrus the Great...)

Now that Vanda is way, inshallah not for too long (you know that we also have the worh inshallah in spanish? but it is pronounces as O-KHA-L&#193.

So, I have arequest for you dear friend from Karaj. Could you please translate the song "harime asheghi" by Omid? :-)

Thank you in advance and hope Vanda come back soon. I miss her :-(

Besos (kisses)

Laura

2. Sunshinehu said:

Default Shahram Kashani - Nazi Joon

Masood, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your willingness to help us out here with Farsi language. Well, like they say, two are better than one

Best of luck for your finals.

3. Cyrus The Great said:

Default for dearly beloved Ecoliqua

harime asheghi, by lovable Omid

in this post pronounce the "u" in the farsi words as in the english word "run" and "a" as "cat"

ki bishtar az man barut mimire?~~Who is crazy about you more than me [I am]?
    ki mesle man be dume to asire?~~Who has fallen into your trap [of love] like me?
    too harim-e usheghi, to barum ye hamnafas~~In the realm of being in love, [you are] a company [or compeer] for me
    bu hamoon ye khutere, omri-ye shudamo bas~~Just with that memory, it’s a lifetime that I’m cheerful

zir-o roo beshe donyu man dooset duram~~If the world crashes down {with especial thank to Enrique Iglesias because of his “if the world crashes down over me”!], [still] I [would] love you
    har kas delbari age dure man toro duram~~If everyone has a lover, [then] I have you [as my beloved]
    dooset duram, dooset duram, dooset duram~~I love you, I love you, I love you

nuz-o tannuzi nakon, bu delam buzi nakon ~~Don’t wile[charm], don’t play with my heart
    bu shekastan-e ghorooram khodeto ruzi nakon~~Don’t satisfy yourself with spoiling my pride
    vase ooni ke ye rang-e sahne parduzi nakon~~~Don’t act for [don’t cheat] the one who is sincere

ki bishtar az man brut mimire?~~Who is crazy about you more than me?
    ki mesle man be dume to asire?~~Who has fallen into your trap [of love] like me?
    too harim-e usheghi, to barum ye hamnafas~~In the realm of being in love, [you are] a company for me
    bu hamoon ye khutere, omri-ye shudamo bas~~Just with that memory, it’s a lifetime that I’m cheerful

zir-o roo beshe donyu man dooset duram~~ If the world [would] crashes down [still] I [would] love you
    har kas delbari age dure man toro duram~~If everyone has a lover, [then] I have you

omramo be puye to sar kardam~~I spent my life [on waiting] for you
    gole hastiyam-ro parpar kardam~~I wilted the flower of my existence [my life]
    be omidi ke to yuram bushi… ~~because of the hope that you would be my companion[one day]…
    dars-e usheghi ro az bar kardam~~I memorized [studied] the lesson of love
    {he sings this part for two times}

too harim-e usheghi, to barum ye hamnafas~~In the realm of being in love, [you are] a company for me

zir-o roo beshe donyu man dooset duram~~If the world [would] crashes down [still] I [would] love you
    har kas delbari age dure man toro duram~~If everyone has a lover, [then] I have you

nuz-o tannuzi nakon, bu delam buzi nakon ~~Don’t wile[charm], don’t play with my heart
    bu shekastan-e ghorooram khodeto ruzi nakon~~Don’t satisfy yourself with spoiling my pride
    vase ooni ke ye rang-e sahne parduzi nakon~~~Don’t act for [don’t cheat] the one who is sincere

zir-o roo beshe donyu man dooset duram~~If the world [would] crashes down [still] I [would] love you

Problematic parts:

Formal= F.

ki bishtar az man brut mimire?: ki =F.: che kasi=who-----bishtar=more------
    az=from-----man=me(I)------barat= F. : baraye to= for you.
    Literally: who dies for you more than me? To die for someone or something means
    Be crazy about sb. or sth. , to be nuts about sb. or sth. For example I can say:
    Man mimiram vuse shomaha!

zir-o roo beshe donyu : zir=under, below------roo=on, [the opposite of: zir]
    o= F. Va------ beshe= F. Beshavad= become
    Zir o roo means upside down
    ziro o roo kardan ya shodan can mean: nubood kardan ya shodan: to destroy or to be destroyed
    the basic form of this sentence is: agar donya ziro rooshavad: if the world would be destroyed. The songwriter changed the order of words to make the song more beautiful.

bu shekastan-e ghorooram: bu=by,also: with------shekastan= if it is infinitive: to break, but here it is gerund and means: breaking----
    ghoroor= pride-----ghoroor-am= my pride. I don’t know how it is in Spanish but In Farsi we break pride!, I mean the verb “shekastan[break]” is used with the word “ghoroor[pride]” , break here means: to wound. E.g. oo ghorooram ru shekast [s/she wounded my pride]

vase ooni ke ye rang-e sahne parduzi nakon: vase= F. baraye=for-----ooni ke=F. un kasi ke=the one who
    ye=F. yek---rang=color----yek rang= means: one color, but you can use both of them as one word, then function as an adjective and means =monochrome, sth that has only one color. It can have another meaning when it is used for a person what kind of person has only one color? = sincere, honest, truthful so when we say: Vanda adame yekrangiye=it means she is very honest

sahne=scene----pardakhtan=decorate---nakon=don’t do. Literally: Don’t decorate a scene for an honest person. You decorate a scene so that you can play for example in a theater, It means don’t play a roll for me, don’t act, be honest. Clear?

be puy-e kasi: pu=foot-----be puye kasi= for someone
    we have an expression: be paye kasi sookhtan va(o) sakhtan, can you guess the meaning?

gole hastiyam-ro parpar kardam: gole=flower----hasty= [has lots of meanings, it is also a beautiful name for girls] life----par= feather, also: leaf, par par shodan: allusion= to die[esp. for younger ones], to be killed [esp. innocently]------------parpar kardan= to pick the petals of a flower ,also allusion: destroy, kill. The poet compared his life to a flower.

dars-e usheghi ro az bar kardam: dars= lesson-----az bar kardan= expression: memorize, study.
    In mysticism Love is like a lesson, science. It has a lot of rules and principles and excruciating levels that you have to study about them in order to pass and become a decent lover for the most beautiful, merciful, faithful, wise, powerful… beloved one [for sure you know him!]. It is an old mystical belief that is still important and honorable nowadays. Different poets spoke about it in different ways the best one that I can mention is Hafez, about the road of love and its levels he says:
    !اين راه را نهايت صورت كجا توان بست؟/كش صد هزار منزل بيش است در بدايت
    Or: تحصيل عشق و رندي آسان نمود اول/آخر بسوخت جانم در كسب اين فضايل
    Any way I think this verse rises from that belief but here it is used for an earthly love. The poet compares love to a lesson, if love was a lesson, it would be a very long one, wouldn’t it? So although it was very long I memorized it just because I was hopeful that you would be my sweetheart.

I beg for you opinions. What should I do to make it more useful for you?
    Last edited by Cyrus The Great; 06-20-2007 at 08:13 AM.

4. Cyrus The Great said:

Default حريم عاشقي-----اميد

كي بيشتر از من برات مي ميره؟ ~~ki bishtar az man barut mimire?
    كي مثل من به دام تو اسيره؟ ~~ki mesle man be dume to asire?
    تو حريم عاشقي، تو برام يه همنفس ~~too harim-e usheghi, to barum ye hamnafas
    با همون يه خاطره، عمريه شادمو بس ~~bu hamoon ye khutere, omri-ye shudamo bas

زيرو رو بشه دنيا، من دوست دارم~~zir-o roo beshe donyu man dooset duram
    هركس دلبري اگه داره، من تورو دارم~~har kas delbari age dure man toro duram
    دوست دارم، دوست دارم، دوست دارم ~~dooset duram, dooset duram, dooset duram

ناز و طنازي نكن، با دلم بازي نكن~~nuz-o tannuzi nakon, bu delam buzi nakon
    با شكستن غرورم خودتو راضي نكن~~bu shekastane ghorooram khodeto ruzi nakon
    واسه اوني كه يه رنگه صحنه پردازي نكن~~vase ooni ke ye rang-e sahne parduzi nakon

عمرمو به پاي تو سر كردم~~omramo be puye to sar kardam
    گل هستيم رو پرپر كردم~~gole hastiyam-ro parpar kardam
    به اميدي كه تو يارم باشي~~be omidi ke to yuram bushi
    درس عاشقي رو از بر كردم~~dars-e usheghi ro az bar kardam

عمرمو به پاي تو سر كردم~~omramo be puye to sar kardam
    گل هستيم رو پرپر كردم~~gole hastiyam-ro parpar kardam
    به اميدي كه تو يارم باشي~~be omidi ke to yuram bushi
    درس عاشقي رو از بر كردم~~dars-e uhseghi ro az bar kardam

دوست دارم، دوست دارم، دوست دارم~~dooset duram, dooset duram, dooset duram

ناز و طنازي نكن، با دلم بازي نكن~~nuz-o tannuzi nakon, bu delam buzi nakon
    با شكستن غرورم خودتو راضي نكن~~bu shekastane ghorooram khodeto ruzi nakon
    واسه اوني كه يه رنگه صحنه پردازي نكن~~vase ooni ke ye rang-e sahne parduzi nakon

تو حريم عاشقي، تو برام يه همنفس ~too harim-e usheghi, to barum ye hamnafas ?
    با همون يه خاطره، عمريه شادمو بس ~~bu hamoon ye khutere, omriye shudamo bas

زيرو رو بشه دنيا، من دوست دارم~~ziro roo beshe donyu man dooset duram
    دوست دارم، دوست دارم، دوست دارم~~dooset duram, dooset duram, dooset duram
    Last edited by Cyrus The Great; 06-20-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Ecoliqua said:

Masood, I have just arrieved home and it is 1 on the evening and I must woke up at 6 and going to work and tomorrow I will travel northz to vosot my parents, so I will be out the whole weekend. Your translation was so completed that I had no time to look into this with detaille. I will do it over the weekend and will come back to you on monday, But, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Today I spend the whole day listening "nazi joon" top volumen in my new 6 loadspeakers car ;-) I love this song.

Thank you again, Massod. Salamalaikum :-)

Is not called Masood the donkey from Juha????

6. Cyrus The Great said:

Question donkey!!!

salamalekom Ecoliqua!!!!

I have no idea about what you said, but مسعود is Arabic and it means “auspicious”, “fortunate”.
    I guess my translation was not so complete but rather too complete!!! Is it better if I make them shorter? or not?

To tell you the truth I don’t like "Nazi joon" that much, but if it makes you happier and more energetic so God bless its writer!!!
    and...
    Would you mind telling me something? Why do you say hello at the end of your post???
    Last edited by Cyrus The Great; 06-21-2007 at 08:13 AM.

7. Sunshinehu said:

Buenos dias Laura!

Como esta?
    Thank you for the warm welcome. You know, I had decided on saying a Hi to you earlier, but u were away for a long time. And then I got busy. But its never too late is it? Well, you take care

Ecoliqua said:

:-) Hallo all!

Masood, about the donkey, I am reading a book that is called "Juha, the last of the errant knights" and aparently is quite, quite famous in the arabic world, and his donkey is called masood :-) the donkey is really smart, so maybe that is why it has this name. I like your name :-)

Regarding the song, I cannot say other thing than thank you. I brought the computer with me to my parents and I spent the whole weekend listening to this song and trying to sing along ;-). Definitively, my family think I am nuts... But... inam bemuneh!
    Considering that you asked me for feedback, here some comments.

**Masood---in this post pronounce the "u" in the farsi words as in the english word "run" and "a" as "cat"**

Well, for me this thing is a little bit confusing, because I have the tendency to read "u" as "oo". Anyway, I would preffer if you translitarate farsi as is usually done. I mean, I imaging there will be some rules or guidelines to do this... So do it as we will mostly see it out there. I have not idea about how should be better.

I like very much that you write between [] the parts that are not said.

Another suggestion could be writing (F) for formal and (C) for colloquial, like this:

*vase (F), baraye (C)=for*

Also, instead of writing {he sings this part for two times}, you can just write (2x) after the paragraph.

Now some other comments...

**Masood---zir-o roo beshe donyu man dooset duram~~If the world crashes down {with especial thank to Enrique Iglesias because of his “if the world crashes down over me”!], [still] I [would] love you**

I do not know this song from Enrique Iglesias :-)... Maybe I am like Ashoori and Bratadishtar (I wrote Bratadishtar without looking! :-), a litle bit old fashioned for music.

**Masood---dooset duram~~I love you**

What does exactly mean "dooset daram"?... "daram" = for you, or to you, isnt it? and "dooset"?...

**Masood---I don’t know how it is in Spanish but In Farsi we break pride!, I mean the verb “shekastan[break]” is used with the word “ghoroor[pride]” , break here means: to wound. E.g. oo ghorooram ru shekast [s/she wounded my pride]**

We also have this saying, but we use the verb "herir" that means "hurt" or "wound". He hurt my pride.

**Masood---In mysticism Love is like a lesson, science. It has a lot of rules and principles and excruciating levels that you have to study about them in order to pass and become a decent lover for the most beautiful, merciful, faithful, wise, powerful… beloved one [for sure you know him!]. It is an old mystical belief that is still important and honorable nowadays. Different poets spoke about it in different ways the best one that I can mention is Hafez, about the road of love and its levels he says...**

:-), well, I wish I would know the most beautiful, merciful, faithful, wise, powerful and beloved one... but I dont :-). You know, one of the things that surprise me the most about your culture (also arabs), is the importance that you give to love. I believe that you idealize love so much that it must be really difficult to find the perfect one.... Or maybe not! I have no idea... In occident, love has become a second hand emotion. At least in my country, I read that 1 on each 4 couples get divorced every year. This is a lot. I think we do not believe in love very much nowadays. Being romantic is out of fashion. I am not speaking for myself, but for what I see in my society. I am not really sure if my people would listen to the songs you play in Iran... and those video-clips...:-) they all look so innocent and sweet... I imaging this is also because of the censure... But, if I tell you the truth, i would like us to be a bit more like you. Life is tough enough, so we could make it softer by adding a bit of sugar in movies, songs, etc. For example, most of the movies made in Spain are quite, quite rough: sex, violence, drugs, prostitution, homosexuality, corruption... always like this. I accept that there must be people like this, but not all, not all the time... So, in your country is fashionable to show the sweetest part of life and in mine the darkest one... maybe both sides are exagerated and not true; extremes are never good. But i would prefer the sweet one...

Regarding Hafez, I have one of his books in my room! :-) But I have not read it yet. I tried once, but it was very difficult. I will try again.

Well, coming back to the song, I will appreciated if you could please complete some of the words missing in the translation. Sometimes I ask myself why do I like Farsi so much...:-) It has nothing to do with my culture, I have not any relationship with Iran (except a friend of mine) neither have I ever been there... I just know about your country what you tell me here in this forum and what my friend told me... But I like it!

كي بيشتر از من برات مي ميره؟
    ki bishtar az man barut mimire?
    Who is crazy about you more than me [I am]?

*ki (F)/che kasi (C)=who* *bishtar=more* *az=from* *man=me(I)* *barat (F)/baraye to (C)= for you*
    Literally: who more than me for-you dies?

Man mimiram vuse shomaha! What does this sentence mean? I die for...

كي مثل من به دام تو اسيره؟
    ki mesle man be dume to asire?
    Who has fallen into your trap [of love] like me?

*ki=who* *mesle=like* *man=me* *be=in* *dume=trap* *to=yours* *asire=falls (???)*
    Literally: who like me in trap yours falls?
    تو حريم عاشقي، تو برام يه همنفس
    too harim-e usheghi, to barum ye hamnafas
    In the realm of being in love, [you are] a company [or compeer] for me

*too=???* *harim=realm (I know this thing of adding an -e)* *ashegh=love* *asheghi=being in love???* *to=you* *baram=???* *ye=???* *hamnafas=???*
    Literally: In [the] realm-of being-in-love, you ???

is it any difference between "to" and "too"?...
    با همون يه خاطره، عمريه شادمو بس
    bu hamoon ye khutere, omri-ye shudamo bas
    Just with that memory, it’s a lifetime that I’m cheerful

*ba=with* *hamoon=only (???)* *ye=that* *khatere=memory* *omri=life* *omri-ye=???* *shudamo=???* *bas=???*
    Literally: with only that memory, ?

زيرو رو بشه دنيا، من دوست دارم
    zir-o roo beshe donyu man dooset duram
    If the world crashes down, [still] I [would] love you

*zir=under, below* *o(F)/Va(C)=or ???* *roo=on, over* * beshe (F)/beshavad (C) =become* * donya =world* *man=I* *dooset daram=love you*
    Literally: down and up become [the] world, I love you

هركس دلبري اگه داره، من تورو دارم
    har kas delbari age dure man toro duram
    If everyone has a lover, [then] I have you [as my beloved]

*har=???* *kas=???* *delbari=???* *age=???* *dare=has???* *man=I* *toro=to you* *daram=I-have*
    Literally: ?, I you have

دوست دارم، دوست دارم، دوست دارم
    dooset duram, dooset duram, dooset duram
    I love you, I love you, I love you

What does exactly mean "dooset daram"?...
    * daram=for you, or to you???* * dooset =???*
    Literally: ?

ناز و طنازي نكن، با دلم بازي نكن
    nuz-o tannuzi nakon, bu delam buzi nakon
    Don’t wile[charm], don’t play with my heart

*nuz=wile* *o=or* *tannuzi=???* *nakon=dont???* *ba=with* *delam=my heart* *buzi=???* *nakon=???*
    Literally: wile or ??? dont, with my-heart play dont

با شكستن غرورم خودتو راضي نكن
    bu shekastan-e ghorooram khodeto ruzi nakon
    Don’t satisfy yourself with spoiling my pride

*ba=by, with* *shekastan=break, breaking* *ghorooram=my pride* * khodeto=???* * ruzi =???* *nakon=???*
    Literally: by breaking my-pride satisfy yourself dont

واسه اوني كه يه رنگه صحنه پردازي نكن
    vase ooni ke ye rang-e sahne parduzi nakon
    Don’t act for [don’t cheat] the one who is sincere

*vase (F), baraye (C)=for* *ooni ke (F), un kasi ke (C)=the one who* *ye (F), yek (C)=one???* *rang=colour* *sahne=scene* *pardakhtan=decorate; parduzi* *nakon=dont do*
    Literally: for the-one-who [is] one coloured (sincere), decorate [the] scene dont (dont act)

Vanda adame yekrangiye=it means she is very honest

What means adame? :-)

عمرمو به پاي تو سر كردم
    omramo be puye to sar kardam
    I spent my life [on waiting] for you

*omram=my life* *be=???* *pa=foot* *paye=???* *to=???* *=???* *kardam=???*
    Literally: my life [waiting] for your foot (for you) I-spent

be paye kasi sookhtan va(o) sakhtan, can you guess the meaning?

:-) no, I cannot. Could be something like "For someone to do this (sookhtan) or that (sakhtan)"... I dont know what "sookhtan" or "sakhtan" mean...

گل هستيم رو پرپر كردم
    gole hastiyam-ro parpar kardam
    I wilted the flower of my existence [my life]

*gole=flower* *hasty=life [lots of meanings, also a beautiful name for girls]* *par=feather, leaf* *par par shodam=allusion to die [esp. for younger ones], to be killed [esp. innocently]* *parpar kardan=to pick the petals of a flower ,also allusion: destroy, kill*
    Literally: flower of-my-life I wilted

what means "ro" here? hastiyam-ro...

به اميدي كه تو يارم باشي
    be omidi ke to yuram bushi…
    because of the hope that you would be my companion[one day]…

*be=with* *omid=hope* *ke=???* *to=you* *yuram=my companion* *bushi=???*
    Literally: with [the] hope that you my-companion "bushi"???

درس عاشقي رو از بر كردم
    dars-e usheghi ro az bar kardam
    I memorized [studied] the lesson of love

*dars=lesson* *asheghi=love* *az bar kardan=expression: memorize, study*
    Literally: [the] lesson of-love I have studied

"ro" again...

By the way, I havent written Hello at the end of my last post... or at least I cannot see it ... :-)

Thank you again for sharing with us your farsi knowledge.

Ecoliqua said:

Oops! I think my last post was a bit long... :-)

Sunshinehu, hola! sabes un poco de español? de donde eres? (hello! do you know a bit of spanish? where are you from?).

What means sunshine-hu? are you a guy or a girl? :-) sorry guys, but your names confuse me... I think you are a girl! Thank you too for the wellcome. Hope you stay around long.

Vandita, how are you doing nazanin? I think you were coming back end of june, arent you? well, we will be here waiting for you.Maybe when you come back I am able to translate the songs myself ;-) I am joking. Hassan will do it! he is much more advanced as I am.

Massod, one more thing, I confess Nazi joon is not a glorious song, I just like the rhythem, but, which kind of songs you like? juat tell me one, a famous one.

Hasta luego (until later),

laura