Solved: "Home Again" refrain - Classic Rock

Thread: Solved: "Home Again" refrain - Classic Rock

Tags: None

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default Solved: "Home Again" refrain - Classic Rock

Was listening to a classic hard rock station a few weeks ago. A song came on that had a long musical introduction--not unlike classical music. "Hmmm, interesting," I thought. Then the song began in earnest. The main refrain was "Home Again." I was so sure at the time that it was Pink Floyd and that "Home Again" was the song, that I forgot about the rest of the lyrics later! Now I can't find it under Pink Floyd or "Home Again" any where. Also tried ELO, without results. Anyone recall this classic rock song and who performed it?

atmaestro said:

The lyrics are not a great fit but try "You Can Never Go Home" by The Moody Blues
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

atmaestro said:

Elton John's new CD has a song called "Home Again".
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

4. simnia said:

I don't understand by your wording if you mean you know for sure it's *not* by Pink Floyd at all. The song...

Breathe (Pink Floyd, 1973, "The Dark Side of the Moon" album (3-1-1973), authors Roger Waters & David Gilmour & Richard Wright, length 2:43)

...certainly matches your description, and there is a reprise of this song after the song "Time" on the same album.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Thanks to everyone! Yes, simnia! It is Pink Floyd, and you found the song. (Sorry my wording was unclear.) That is what I was looking for! What I heard on the radio must have been either another studio- or concert-recorded rendition, because it was longer than what I heard from the album on You Tube.

THIS is the song, thank you, simnia...!