SOLVED:"High, High" song from the 80's or early 90's? but maybe someone remembers?

Thread: SOLVED:"High, High" song from the 80's or early 90's? but maybe someone remembers?

Tags: None
  1. Looki said:

Default SOLVED:"High, High" song from the 80's or early 90's? but maybe someone remembers?

Hi everyone!

I often think of this song I heard in the radio in the late 80's or perhaps early 90's? I really don't remember much at all, but the chorus (?) started with something like "High.. (then "high" echo).. high... Oh higher than..." (each of the "high's" hitting a slightly higher note) - That's all I remember!! I think the singer was perhaps called "Johnny"?!

I know this is not much to go by but I just remember how much I enjoyed listening to it, and 20 something years later I'm still trying to figure out what it was!

It was a slower paced song, perhaps a love song. I've searched online, youtube.. nothing.. This is maybe a long shot but it may ring a bell to someone here! Please let me know if you have any ideas. TIA!!

2. wurzlsepp said:

3. Looki said:

Sorry, not this song, but thanks for trying, I appreciate it!

Anyone else?

4. simnia said:

Easy (Commodores, 1977, "Commodores" album (3-30-1977), author Lionel Richie, length 4:16)?

5. Crownvilla said:

@ Looki,

I'm almost certain the song you are looking for is High by Skyy.

Its on Youtube, so please check it out and post a reply to let us know if its the right song.

6. BlueNileFan said:

Maybe this catchy little number (but it's1999 ), Tal Bachman - She's So High

7. Chobot said:

Just a guess: Sandra - Hi Hi Hi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naq1RzZ0yMY

8. Looki said:

Thank you everyone so much - I checked all the names you gave but unfortunately it's none of those songs.

It was a male singer, for sure, and was more of a power ballad love songs, if that makes sense. I heard it in the late 80's but it could been made earlier of course.

So - Power ballad, male singer (Johnny?), very early 90's or earlier, chorus begins with the words "High (echo high), high, oh higher than..."... Really trying to find it, please feel free to share your ideas. Thank you!

atmaestro said:

Try "Hi Hi Hi" by Paul McCartney & Wings
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

10. bugmenot1 said:

Could it be "I" instead of "high"?

"Just Another Day" by Jon Secada
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqPbZnVjXQ

bluejacket said:

12. Looki said:

Sorry, not any of those either... Thanks for trying!

13. Francis Aubé said:

i have 1 dvd of slow song...

phil collins or Genesis

stevie B
    air suply
    lionel richie
    Georges Michael
    foreigner
    chicago
    elton john
    Richard Marks
    Bryan Adams
    scorpions
    bon jovi

All this band make slow song
    i have a lot on dvd but i don't remember
    all lol

14. Francis Aubé said:

chris de burgh - hight emotion

15. Francis Aubé said:

chris de burgh ! high on emotion

16. gootchigutz said:

Quote Originally Posted by Looki View Post
    Sorry, not any of those either... Thanks for trying!
    How about "Highways of My life" - Isley brothers, wild guess.

17. mg said:

18. Geonx said:

19. Loky said:

Quote Originally Posted by Looki View Post
    Hi everyone!

I often think of this song I heard in the radio in the late 80's or perhaps early 90's? I really don't remember much at all, but the chorus (?) started with something like "High.. (then "high" echo).. high... Oh higher than..." (each of the "high's" hitting a slightly higher note) - That's all I remember!! I think the singer was perhaps called "Johnny"?!

I know this is not much to go by but I just remember how much I enjoyed listening to it, and 20 something years later I'm still trying to figure out what it was!

It was a slower paced song, perhaps a love song. I've searched online, youtube.. nothing.. This is maybe a long shot but it may ring a bell to someone here! Please let me know if you have any ideas. TIA!!
    May be a little to late . . . but is John Parr - St. Elmo's fire (man in motion) ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHcBjk9PWqQ

20. Tore78 said:

Hope you are still here since it’s nearly 5 years since the original post.

Anyway, I feel quite sure the song you are asking for is “High“ by David Hallyday. The year was 1988

The reason for my suggestion is that I was trying to find this song myself, and when when I found your post I understood you were describing the same song