Plays at TJ Maxx. Duet, synth gong, "We all abscond"? Long description.

Thread: Plays at TJ Maxx. Duet, synth gong, "We all abscond"? Long description.

Tags: None
  1. TheMusicLuvR said:

Thumbs up (SOLVED!) Plays at TJ Maxx. Duet, synth gong, "We all abscond"? Long description.

Hey, forum! It's been a while.

I got a job at TJ Maxx a month ago and they have a couple playlists of songs that they rotate throughout the week.

I've heard a couple new favorites this way, but there's this one strange-sounding song that I can't make out the lyrics to, mostly because the store is always really busy when it comes on. It's very bizarre compared to the other music that they play and I'd love to hear it more clearly.

Can't tell what era it's from, since the store plays music from the 80s on, but I'd guess early 2000s.

I suppose you'd call it pop rock, with a very steady and melodic kind of melody (similar but not identical to 80s pop). The instruments are mostly bass and drums, with synth scattered throughout. Obvious acoustic guitar strums during the chorus. Male singer for most of the time, somewhat high pitched but not feminine. (Again, almost 80s but not quite)

The most stand out thing about the song is this sound in verses... there's this synthesized, gong-like sound... I'm not sure how to describe it. It's very deep and low and sounds like "Bwoooooooah". It plays before every verse phrase, like this:

*Bwooooah*
    -verse verse verse-
    -verse verse verse-
    -verse verse verse-
    -verse verse verse-
    *Bwoooooah*
    -verse verse verse-
    -verse verse verse-
    -verse verse verse-
    -verse verse verse-

etc.

There's only one line in the whole song that I can really hear, but I can never remember the exact words. It says something like "When the lights go out, I'll be your bedside light."

Also, the chorus has a female singer in it who accompanies the man. There's a repeated line at the end of the chorus which sounds like "The L is Gone" or "The Alice Kind." Neither of these make any sense, so I'm thinking it could be "We All Abscond."

This has been driving me batty! What is this mystery song?
    Last edited by TheMusicLuvR; 11-07-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: I found it.

2. TheMusicLuvR said:

Bumping topic, still can't find out any lyrics to this song. Last time I heard it on the PA I actually paged my coworkers over the headset, to which my manager responded, "Don't worry about the song, just focus on work."

3. TheMusicLuvR said:

Well, I found it.

"She Wants -- Metronomy" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lavB9oRE9s

It really does smack of 80s rock songs, but it's actually from 2011. Kind of a weird song, and lots of soft guitars that I couldn't hear over the PA. The repeated line that sounded like "we all abscond" is actually "the hours come." Thanks for everyone for looking, even if nobody could figure out what the heck I meant!