Valentine (Freeverse)

Thread: Valentine (Freeverse)

Tags: None

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Default Valentine (Freeverse)

Valentine.
    The pink and red letters now scattered on the ground, torn apart like the pieces of a shattered mirror.
    The moon is dying down, but the sun doesn't want to rise. It, too, is scared of being left behind.
    There are shadows which haunt my dreams. They surround me like a thick shell of dust left from an unopened chest. Consuming me, beckoning me, capturing me as a prisoner.
    Memories are running wildly all around, flashing before me as I try to sleep. They're taunting me, reminding me of my love for you.
    The scent of roses fills the air as I envision the rise and fall of your chest next to mine. We were destined, but you didn't stay.

And there you are, running away.

I cling to you, but you slip away, like sand in my closed fist.
    You don't look back, to your home, instead you just steadily walk from the wreckage of what you left behind.
    The rose has been slowly dying. It falls to the ground as I watch it and weep.
    I would love to believe that time heals all things, but my faith is not that strong. That's something else you took with you.

And there you are, gone from my sight.

The sun has returned, but it fears to be gone again. It wonders how much longer it can stand alone.
    The autumn wind carries away the small script letters which once read, "Always and forever." from the valentine to which it was appendaged.
    I fear that I, too, will be forgotten from your existence.
    The path lies ahead, narrow and rugged, and I don't know how much more my feet can take.
    I'm weary, emotional too.This dust is conforming me to this dreary darkness.
    I feel trapped. Suffocated. I wonder how I still see the sun in all it's glory.

And you're not there.
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Outstanding!"And there you are,running away."This sounds like a great line for one of your songs!It just stood out,because this so often happens when we're in love;someone runs away.I think you'll find more replies on Lyrics Review,but I hope the readers prove me wrong!I love both your poetry and your songs,welcome to ATL!

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Thanks so much! Your encouragement means a lot to me.
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri Faye Yates View Post
    Thanks so much! Your encouragement means a lot to me.
    I'm sure you'll gets lots more once the "masses" discover you!

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Should I be worried? XD
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri Faye Yates View Post
    Should I be worried? XD
    If getting "masses of encouragement" worries you,Yes!