Habib - Mahkoom

Thread: Habib - Mahkoom

Tags: None
  1. someone101 said:

Default Habib - Mahkoom

Hey there

Can you please translate this song for me-- it's so captivating and I would love to know what he is saying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDmE0vjwlYk

Thank you
    Last edited by afsaneh; 11-02-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Artist – Song name or names

afsaneh said:

Default Habib - Mahkoom

Mahkoom be eshgham gereftaare yaar ------------------------------- I’m doomed to love, I’m a captive of my beloved
    Mesle parande havaadaare yaar ---------------------------------------- like a bird I’m supporter of my beloved
    Mesle ye saaye be hamraahe yaar -------------------------------------- like a shadow follower of my beloved
    Bood o naboodam be delkhaahe yaar --------------------------------- my existence dependant on my beloved’s wish

Har chi ke yaar goft delam goft be chashm --------------------------- whatever she said my heart answered yes
    Az gol o khaar goft delam goft be chashm ---------------------------- she talked about flowers and thorns my heart answered yes
    Har jaa ke yaar bood delam goft boro --------------------------------- wherever my beloved was my heart said go after her
    Baa gol o khaar bood delam goft boro -------------------------------- she was with flowers and thorns my heart said go after her

Por shod dele man be afsoone yaar ------------------------------------ my heart is filled with beloved’s bewitchment
    Fekre dele man parishoone yaar ---------------------------------------- my heart is obsessed with my beloved
    Goosheye cheshmaam faghat jaaye yaar ----------------------------- on the corner of my eyes is just the place for my beloved
    Kaare do cheshmaam tamaashaaye yaar ----------------------------- my two eyes’ duty is just looking at my beloved

Yaar age jaanaane kharidaar shod -------------------------------------- if my beloved became a purchaser
    Del gole sorkhe tooye bazaar shod -------------------------------------- if my heart became a red rose in the market
    Vaay gole sorkhe dele man khaar shod ------------------------------- woe my heart’s red rose became a thorn
    Har chi shod az daste hamin yaar shod ------------------------------- whatever happened was my beloved’s fault
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare

3. someone101 said:

Oh wow! Thank you so much

afsaneh said:

you're welcome
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare