Help identifying an alternative rock song

Thread: Help identifying an alternative rock song

Tags: None
  1. joemusic said:

Default Help identifying an alternative rock song

There was a song from what I believe to be the early 1990's by what I think was considered an alternative rock band. The song was played on a new music/alternative commercial station in this market but it was one of those radio stations that never i.d. the song (I hate that). It had a male lead singer and I believe that is the only voice on the song although there may have been some male harmony in it as well. It was a song that received a fair amount of rotation but I never found anybody that knew the name of the song. It was kind of a ballad like song. The only lyrics that I can remember was a refrain that occured several times during the song. It sounded something like
    "I feel downhearted, I feel downhearted babe". I've searched quite a few music sites, lyric sites and looked at Billboard and other charts from that time period to see if there was anything that sounded remotely close but not found anything yet.

I came across this site and thought I'd see if someone might be familar with it or have any suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Daddy Dave said:

Smile

"Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand" by Primitive Radio Gods. It's on their album Rocket which came out in 1996. The chorus line is "I been down hearted baby, I been down hearted baby, ever since the day we met" and the voice is B. B. King.

3. joemusic said:

Thanks so much for the response. That was indeed the song. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

4. voppoepTGep said:

Default Does anyone live in Hawaii?

HILO, Hawaii — A official at the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center says Hawaii "dodged a bullet" after a major earthquake sent powerful waves roiling around the Pacific. It still will be about an hour before officials will be willing to give an all-clear in Hawaii, but there were no immediate reports of major damage around the Pacific rim. just tidal surges that reached up to about seven feet in some island chains.

It's scary stuff!!!