جز به گوش هوس و جز به زبانی نرسد
    حس چو بیدار بود خواب نبیند هرگز
    از جهان تا نرود دل به جهانی نرسد

این زمان جهد بکن تا ز زمان بازرهی
    پیش از آن دم که زمانی به زمانی نرسد
    تیره صبحی که مرا از تو سلامی نرس
    تلخ روزی که ز شهد تو بیانی نرسد

Il Demente said:

Mollana Jallaledin Balkh as Rumi is one of greatest peotries in persian and in the world , I think you know about him but his locution and the persian used by Rumi is older than what we speak now and also he have used the complicated expressions that a normal speaker cant understand very well he was sufi also and sufi words and expressions is found alots in his poets that we havent heard about them , we study some parts of his peoms in highschools but not able to comprehend his poets and even if we understand , not be able to translate because he rhymed quibble and sometimes even a persian graduated cant define someparts , I tried but Rumi´s poets translating isnt easy at all
    Last edited by Il Demente; 02-05-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    Nothing Else Matters ...

3. Persian01 said:

Yea I already thought so..
    Thanks anyway.

4. Overa90 said:

hi !
    i can short understanding this poem by literature student and i translated it .
    this translation is Understanding , not meaning !

Understanding :

واي آن دل که بدو از تو نشاني نرسد / woe that conscience what don't be receive address from you to him(or "her")
    مرده آن تن که بدو مژده جاني نرسد / be dead that body what don't be receive breathy sweet word to him(or "her")
    واي آن دل که ز عشق تو در آتش نرود / woe that conscience what don't be going into the fire from your love
    همچو زر خرج شود هيچ به کاني نرسد / be misspend that love and don't be reach to someplace(=no result)

سخن عشق چو بي درد بود بر ندهد / that love what to be without pain , don't be love somebody
    جز به گوش هوس و جز به زباني نرسد / than somebody that is capricious
    حس چو بيدار بود خواب نبيند هرگز / until The conscience is be sober , The conscience don't be involved with temporary loves
    از جهان تا نرود دل به جهاني نرسد / until you do be involved with temporary loves , don't be reach to The truly love

اين زمان جهد بکن تا ز زمان بازرهي / do something this time than be use from the rest time
    پيش از آن دم که زماني به زماني نرسد / before than be reach your death
    تيره ، صبحي که مرا از تو سلامي نرسد / be murky that morning what don't be receive me hail from you
    تلخ ، روزي که ز شهد تو بياني نرسد / be virulent that day what don't be receive me a locution from your honey locutions

5. Persian01 said:

I don't know how to thank you.
    I appreciate your effort, thanks a lot!

6. Overa90 said:

you're welcome

7. Enara said:

Salam!!

Can someone put a link to listen to this poem please.

Thanks for advance :-)