I Don't Know

Thread: I Don't Know

Tags: None
  1. LooknGlass said:

Default I Don't Know

Had a tune for this humming in my head for almost a year. Finally decided to try to put words to it. Lines in parenthesis is backup singers part.

(Vs)
    The ultimatum has been put out
    You've got something to think about
    Have to decide or else she's gone
    Better make it fast she won't wait long

(Ch)
    (Whatcha gonna do man?)
    I don't know
    (Will you take her hand man?)
    I don't know
    (Tell me what's your plan man?)
    I don't know
    Hey don't ask me cause I don't know

(Vs)
    Her words and expression made it clear
    That woman's meaning business here
    She called you out in front of your friends
    Is this where it starts or where it ends?

(Ch)
    (Whatcha gonna do man?)
    I don't know
    (Will you take her hand man?)
    I don't know
    (Tell me what's your plan man?)
    I don't know
    Hey don't ask me cause I don't know

(Bridge)
    She wants a ring
    that bling
    that thing
    that brings men to their knees.
    I'm in a spot
    I'm caught
    I thought
    I'd got away scot free

(End Ch)
    (Why'd you buy the ring man?)
    I don't know
    (Will this change a thing man?)
    I don't know
    (What will marriage bring man?)
    I don't know
    Hell don't ask me cause I don't know

© L. James Tanner

Doug Denslowe said:

Love it!Especially the background singers part!This has hit written all over it!This could have come out of Motown during the heyday of The Miracles,The Temptation,the Supermes...........

3. LooknGlass said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Love it!Especially the background singers part!This has hit written all over it!This could have come out of Motown during the heyday of The Miracles,The Temptation,the Supermes...........
    Thanks for reading Doug and for the kind comment. I've been away for a bit and battling writers block besides a tumor on the back of my eyeball. Can't see well right now, but I couldn't stay away

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by LooknGlass View Post
    Thanks for reading Doug and for the kind comment. I've been away for a bit and battling writers block besides a tumor on the back of my eyeball. Can't see well right now, but I couldn't stay away
    I'm so sorry about your health situation.My bass player's daughter,in her early 20's just got a tumor removed from her brain,and is recovering with a lot of problems.Why these things are popping up so often has to be figured out and soon!Glad to see your back and best wishes.You were missed by me!

5. LooknGlass said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    I'm so sorry about your health situation.My bass player's daughter,in her early 20's just got a tumor removed from her brain,and is recovering with a lot of problems.Why these things are popping up so often has to be figured out and soon!Glad to see your back and best wishes.You were missed by me!
    Man, I hate to hear about your bass players daughter, that sucks. I feel for him. I have a positive attitude about my problem. I did some reading up on it and the success rate for recovery is pretty high, although with chemo and surgery. Which I don't look forward to.....Awwww, I was missed ...lol..Have a good one friend, be back soon with another song when I can.

6. Peter Both said:

All the best wishes to you, LooknGlass, I hope you will recover soon! And my heart also goes out to your bass players' daughter, Doug. Fortunately, the medical science is very advanced these days and the success rate is still improving.

7. Peter Both said:

Love the song, by the way! The interaction between the lead singer and the background singers made me think of the Philly soul era of the early seventies (which was highly influenced by Motown, but it was even more sophisticated). Songs like "Backstabbers" (The O'Jays) and "Don't Leave Me This Way" (Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes) are among my favorite songs of all time.

8. pq92k said:

The verses could be longer so as to add more depth. The bridge falters a bit. The chorus is very catchy.