SOLVED: Jane's Addiction, "some purple in the sky"?

Thread: SOLVED: Jane's Addiction, "some purple in the sky"?

Tags: 2010, jane's addiction, rock
  1. simnia said:

Default SOLVED: Jane's Addiction, "some purple in the sky"?

On June 11, 2010, I jotted down some notes for a song I heard that I intended to look up later. It's now later but I can't read all my notes, and I can't find the song by the notes I can read.

The notes said "Jane's Addiction", which I assume is the correct group, which does exist (I'm not very familiar with them, though).
    It was a rock song sung by a male singer.
    The lyrics I wrote said, "some purple in the sky", but I can't find any such lyrics online for Jane's Addiction songs.
    Another note I can't read said something like: ?Spoon/?Spavon/?Spain

Do these clues make sense to anyone? I probably wrote down the lyrics slightly in error, but I don't know how or where they might differ. A Jane's Addiction fan could probably identify this song right away.
    Last edited by simnia; 11-16-2013 at 09:52 PM.

2. jp12345 said:

Ocean Size has the lyrics "Home is in the sky"

3. simnia said:

jp12345:

That's a truly excellent guess, but I just haven't decided yet if that's the one.

Reasons I think that's it:
    (1)
    It has many parts that would definitely have caught my ear: an intro that sounds like...
    I'm So Glad (Cream, 1966, "Fresh Cream" album (12-9-1966), author Skip James, length 3:57)
    ...which is a song I like, flashy leads, overall good rock sound, good effects.
    (2)
    About the only part of the lyrics that is audible is the repeated "in the sky, in the sky", so I would've written that part down.

Reasons I don't think that's it:
    (1)
    There's no word in that location that sounds like "purple". However, there is the world "people" right after the "in the sky" part.
    (2)
    I couldn't hear or see anything that suggested that "spoon"-like word.

I'm going to listen to it some more to try to decide. If I had to decide now, I'd say the evidence is that you identified it.

----------

P.S.--I think that's it:

(3)
    The lyrics (http://www.metrolyrics.com/ocean-siz...addiction.html) "action" that come at the end of the song sound like "shown", which would fit the "spain"-type word.

"No talking and all action"

(4)
    The part about "home" is inaudible.
    (6)
    The live version in Sydney sounds more like "purple in the sky":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpJXQYhlTY
    (5)
    It's an all-around great-sounding rock song.

Looks like you got it, jp12345, thanks!
    Last edited by simnia; 11-17-2013 at 06:13 PM.