80s Disco - please help identify this song (same time as Boney M, etc.)

Thread: 80s Disco - please help identify this song (same time as Boney M, etc.)

Tags: None
  1. feraldream said:

Default 80s Disco - please help identify this song (same time as Boney M, etc.)

I used to have this song as a kid (early 80s, maybe 81/82) - I am really desperate to find it. The lyrics ostensibly were something like "Hiya Hiya Hiya ho he told me Yum". Yes I know it sounds like gibberish but thats what my fading memory provides.....hell I was 10 years old then and Im now 41. Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Here is a fairly significant clue - this indian composer plagiarised the original tune verbatim - melodically, this is very very close to the original, I dare say exactly the same except i dont remember the original too well after the intro. The intro and first verse is a 100% copy.

thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMwK3O_Iso0

Please skip the nonsense at the start and jump to 1:00 minute in - thats the tune I'm looking for.

sunshine20071988 said:

its not jalim dunya humpe by shailendra singh is it?

http://music.ovi.com/in/en/nm/Produc...rsion-/7825630
    All request and requested songs are checked mulitiple times with the following Shazam,sound hound,sound tracking,and musicDNA ID...

3. feraldream said:

Thanks sunshine, I am actually trying to find the ENGLISH original that Bappida copied from, to "create" jalim duniya.

4. BlueNileFan said:

Whoa! Please hold off the heavy rhetoric until / if your song is found.
    Because right now, we have this composer with over 500 credits on IMDB spanning 40 years.
    On your side we have a 30 year old partial and fading memory from a 10 year old kid's mind.
    On this site I have seen perfect recollection all the way down to 9 out of 10 wrong. Memory works in mysterious ways...
    There is a huge difference between style copycats (who are everywhere) and what you are saying.
    Maybe it`s the other way around. The original is still on and the other quietly vanished...

5. feraldream said:

Hi BNF - I apologize if what I said was offensive, perhaps "inspired" would have worked better. ".........all the way down to 9 out of 10 wrong" is applying statistics to an unique event (myself) - that is not how statistics is used. Only 0.1% of planes may crash but the plane you are on will either crash or not. Statistics is a science of aggregates. Anyways until I find the original this is all moot. I am in the music business, I have perfect pitch, I have a photographic memory for melodies, been involved in music since the age of 5, and I am of indian origin. The uncertainty is only around the lyrics. Being of indian origin, I find the "Maybe its the other way around" to be ......radical, i guess. But sure, anything is possible.

Thanks and sorry again if I have offended you in any way.

Peace.