Please provide lyrics for: Joel Sonnier - Tes Yeux Bleu

Thread: Please provide lyrics for: Joel Sonnier - Tes Yeux Bleu

Tags: None
  1. Dyavvy said:

Smile Please provide lyrics for: Joel Sonnier - Tes Yeux Bleu

Hi I dont know if this is appropriate here but Im trying to find the best way to fid the lyrics for a French song called Tes Yeux Bleu...Its Cajun or Cadian origin by Joel Sonnier....Ive written a thread under Non English songs...Perhaps it would have been better on this thread but there doesnt seem to be a way you can transfer it.... Can anyone help?

Amethystos said:

It would be nice if you mention a link to the song so that our francophone members could listen to and transfer the lyrics.

And yes it wasn't the right thread, that's why I created this one and moved your post here
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

WannaBFluent said:

mmm... i looked for it in youtube, but i didn't find a song called 'tes yeux bleus' by 'joel sonnier'... so yeah, it would be cool if you provide a link!
    العربية (arabic) // বাংলা (bengali) // हिन्दी (hindi) // kurmancî (kurdish) // فارسی (farsi)
    ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (punjabi) // soomaali (somali) // தமிழ் (tamil) // türkçe (turkish) // اُردو (urdu)

4. Dyavvy said:

Hello and thank you for your help Joel Sonnier was the original writer of the song I was amazed to find he was only about 11 years of age when he wrote it It sounds as if its a an adult love song Its listed on a seventies CD called Cajun Life.... However theres a a pretty good version on You Tube by " Roddy Romero and the Hub City All stars" that group and the title Tes Yeux Bleu will get you the song... Its very difficult to get any written Cajun lyrics

I am an English man who lives in France part of the time in a little village i n the Charente called Salles Lavalette...For years up untilthe mid 90`s a local man used to organise a massive accordian festival It was listed in the Michelin guide...folk came ...millions of them,danced and made merry...the woods around were festooned with posters of accordianists...it was tremendous...the it vanished with the demise of the old timers who had kept it going...this Cajun music reminds me so much of this ...its raw and beautiful........Thanks for your efforts/help

5. Dyavvy said:

I found it amazing that on Joel Sonniers website He describes this as the first song he wrote when he was 11 years of age....I watched Roddy Romero....and I know its Louisiana Cajun / French....but I thought I could pick out some thing like:

Hey Tes yeux bleu!....qui ma quitez...vous lentement.......? .....Then I run out of ideas hahaha

Cars qui dans /comme vouloir faire /comment tout seul ma maison boule?..../////////something something

WannaBFluent said:

[hQ0iIaqoj5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ0iIaqoj5E[/video]

0:30 Hey! Tes yeux bleus. Tu m'as quitté. Au bout de... [...] Oh mon bébé! [...] tout seul...
    1:50 Hey! Tes yeux bleus. Tu vas me (layyé?), (layyé?) pour moi! Oh mon bébé! [..] tout seul...

It's hard to get, because he scream with a high voice, anyway I'm pretty sure that some of the lyrics are not in French.
    العربية (arabic) // বাংলা (bengali) // हिन्दी (hindi) // kurmancî (kurdish) // فارسی (farsi)
    ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (punjabi) // soomaali (somali) // தமிழ் (tamil) // türkçe (turkish) // اُردو (urdu)

7. Dyavvy said:

thanks for your help....any other Cajun fans out there?