Who would waste their time?
    Because I've been stone cold crazy
    Since from time out of mind

From time out of mind
    Madness has held my hand
    From time out of mind
    My mind has been a wasteland

Doug Denslowe said:

I say this with all due respect;your "songs" read more like poetry,lately.I've always thought that good lyrics should be good poetry,but these seem more like poems........great ones,but poems nonetheless.That being said,I think your writing has improved to a level usually not seen on this site.Usually people write more or less,in the same style their entire time here.You are getter better with each offering!

BackInBlack said:

Thanks Doug. I keep striving to get better. Glad "someone" noticed. It could be poetry I suppose. It would still work as a song though. It would just be a little more progressive than your average radio friendly tune.

4. RockinRustle said:

I agree with doug, the lyrics are sick man, but I cant imagine a melody, not to say theres not a great one sitting in there somewhere, I'd love to hear it if you have an audio recording of sonewhere, that line "this dead horse I've been kicking is in my way" ranks right up there with "I shot a man in reno just to watch him die" and I really wish I had come up with it

Doug Denslowe said:

I guess what I was trying to say is this........when I read your lyrics,I can't help but "recite" them rather than "sing" them,if you get my drift.Not saying that's a bad thing,just saying.....

BackInBlack said:

Thanks RockinRustle, no recordings as of yet but plan to hear some in the not too distant future. I understand Doug, I know exactly what you mean. I actually have a hard time making music for lyrics I've already written. It's easier for me to set down, listen to a piece of music and write lyrics for the music that is already accomplished. That being said, I do have a tune in mind for this one and perhaps if the stars align just right I will be able to share it with you guys sometime soon.

AmirMaor said:

Hard work but i like it, good work

BackInBlack said:

Thank you AmirMaor!

Doug Denslowe said:

I totally relate to how you write,although I sometimes write lyrics without a clue as to the beat or melody.When I hear Eleanor Rigby (I know I'm dated,but I'm trying to make a point)was written without the lyrics,simply the music..........I wonder how I ever wrote anything halfway good.Everybody has their own way(s) of writing a song.Whatever works,works.I was actually trying to pay you a compliment when I said "your lyrics read like poetry"!!!I can only wish the same was said about mine!

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    I totally relate to how you write,although I sometimes write lyrics without a clue as to the beat or melody.When I hear Eleanor Rigby (I know I'm dated,but I'm trying to make a point)was written without the lyrics,simply the music..........I wonder how I ever wrote anything halfway good.Everybody has their own way(s) of writing a song.Whatever works,works.I was actually trying to pay you a compliment when I said "your lyrics read like poetry"!!!I can only wish the same was said about mine!
    Your Eleanor Rigby comment just made my day<3
    ~Kerri Faye

BackInBlack said:

I agree Doug.