We're catching ships in the Rye

Thread: We're catching ships in the Rye

Tags: None

Eccer said:

Default We're catching ships in the Rye

We're catching ships in the Rye

The vibrations started early this morning...
    and the humming, birds of yore.
    Paving their way through the docks.

Were you to believe those nights, you fell asleep without dreaming it first?
    And the mechanic racketing outside your bedroom window, you would hate
    but eventually, one after another coupled with a tracing hum.
    You'd drift.

The flight of this time would eventually reach itself, past cities, past everywhere and the speed
    of light/time
    stops.
    And you'd find yourself around again as if bestrewed, somewhere.
    Torching a heaven’s light as above, watching
    the maddening faces of the people frantically putting the fires out. Terrorized, to what its foreignity its unearthly presence upon them..

and it all seemed so harmless in a way a dream...
    yet misunderstood, of course. Until, they’d shun you forever.

was it real?.......... .... .... . ...

Some experiences can't be described, but I was running.
    The jackals light gloating over me, through the fields

a humming in the midst of dead mountains.

As if "heat sources" the newspapers would describe it; "The bodies where found
    vaporized inside out without any logical explanation what so ever, to what end these hikers died of, for it is believed that the mountains was always haunted"

no witnesses, neither footprints but them and the emptiness that would follow, to no end...

To put up these foreign flyers; We’re catching ships in the Rye!
    You would start to think "am I saviour of some extraterrestrial kind?"

Following the events like some cult, you'd see them, praying on top of their boxes
    inesculent to form any reason whilst listening to the tiniest frequencies, yet to no prevail.
    And in their falsed sense of perception, to not even realise...

They're the ones dreaming away...in a fiery of celestial display.

(Another one of my weird explorations, the title intrigued me in such a way I just had to write something about it.
    Corrections or misspelling, any reply to this would be great, thanks!)
    Last edited by Eccer; 01-07-2015 at 01:20 PM.

amaryn said:

Hi Eccer!
    It made me think of the weird accident with the Malesian plane, which remains a mystery untill these days,
    as you talk about "foreign flyers needing possibly "a saviour of some extraterrestrial kind" as we seem unable to solve the problem
    Or the frantic feelings which probably-if not certainly accompany such accidents if you happen to be on the plane:
    "the flight of this time....watching the maddening faces of people frantically putting the fires out"....

However, a huge problem remains as there is talks about "catching ships in the Rye".. Isn't that in England? It makes me also think of the Scottish
    poet Robert Burns and his "coming through the Rye" song....
    So, i am baffled - but also curious!

Then there is of course J.D.Salinger (1951) and his famous book with that title The Catcher In the Rye", but I haven't read it: (about a boy falling from a ship into the Rye)
    Last edited by amaryn; 03-12-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Eccer said:

I'm still editing this quite a bit Amaryn, so keep that in mind. Thank you so much for the reply, was worried I overdid it again with this one. I feel as though I'm not doing enough good on these forums, giving reply to others and etc. And don't be mistaken, cuz I would really love to. But anyways!

This is simply inspired by two things, me listening to some queens of the stone age song. Hearing the line "we're crashing ships in the night" of course. I misheard that and thought he said rye instead of night. And I really thought about it haha...so the title lingered in me for a while. And I finally managed to start writing it. The piece is combined by many things, prehistoric ufo experiences and witnesses, strange mysteries in far off locations, a touch of cryptic spirituality. But I really like how you came up with your own interpretation of this!

But I still don't think I'm quite there with it yet, sadly. I have so many ideas to this....yes, definitely. I searched that book immidiatly after I came up with the title. Must read it someday :-D
    Last edited by Eccer; 04-09-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Eccer said:

Oh and not to mention, I was also inspired by this peculiar happening in Russia. You should check it out! There's also a game coming out for this :-P

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/0...pass-incident/

Although I believe there's an explanation for everything, what's interesting is how we as humans determine the happenings to be. And that's what I'm trying to get across in my poem.

amaryn said:

Hahaha, Eccer! Yes 10 little skiers from Russia , gone through a bewildering and magical mystery tour....
    It sets the mind ablaze and scifi is being fed with new evidence of Things We Don't Know About.

It has to be admitted that we, humble human beings don't/can't understand everything, even if it were a
    violent and sudden chain of happenings which frightened them to death.
    Hitchcock underlined that in his movie "Birds", where even what IS actually present and visual becomes frightening and
    hairraising.
    It is good to think about it.
    A number of major and minor accidents worldwide have never been solved, even here where I live: a small Finnish aircraft
    some 40 years ago or so with 6 men board was never found: vanished and making space for theories of all kind.
    Glad you stuck your head into mysteries: why not.
    Certainly inspiring.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Eccer, I love your experimental poem!

The story which inspired it is equally intriguing. In 2013 I watched a National Geographic Magazine Photographic Expedition to a part of the Antarctic which had not previously been touched by humans. Needless to say, their original goals of photographing landscape from several different gargantuan peaks were not reached. The adventure and what was photographed and experienced, though, was almost unbelievable. I learned from that documentary that the extreme cold begins to be mis-perceived by the human neurological system as heat, and clothes are often shed in a manic frenzy. This also affects other odd behaviors and creates forms of madness.

Also, in these unprecedented glacial ranges are odd winds that seem to come out of the blue and can lift and disperse huge ice blocks--not to mention humans and their pitiful equipment. I have forgotten the names of these peculiar winds.

So far I've not found this documentary online. In searching for it, however, this dramatic re-telling of an ancient arctic expedition popped up, which I thought you might enjoy adding to your Siberian tale:

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...k/roberts-text

The missing Malaysian jet also entered my mind (as it did amaryn's) as I read your poem. These strange mysteries of course have explanations but ones that we cannot fully yet conceive.

In late 2013 I read the REAL "Frankenstein, or The Modern Prometheus" by Mary Shelley. It was written in the summer of 1816--the so-called "Year Without A Summer." The novel was far more frightening (and prophetic of horrors than can occur when humans step too far into scientific realms that belong to God) than any silly Frankenstein movie I'd ever seen. It was quite disturbing, very bleak and "Siberian" in parts, both touching and horrifying in the best senses. Truly a believable horror. I highly recommend it!

Congrats on your poem and the VERY INTERESTING discussion which has ensued!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Eccer, this National Geo clip is an overview of the documentary I saw last year. (I think--hard to tell without all the story, but I think this is the same Nat Geo writer.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKsFAPpxgY

Eccer said:

Ok, I think I've made my final edit to this piece... felt a bit messy in the middle there. (so many ideas to finalize properly) Tell me if you like it or not

Thanks to both of you Amaryn and Frankie, that's some awesome info you got there. Normally I tend to look away from UFO crazy theories/stories such as this. Because there is never really an end means to it, lunatics getting all crazy about it, blaming everything and everyone, it's just plainly tiresome and not worth spending an ounce of time with. But what interests me is the... genuine fear that comes from this, the true means and origin of those stories. Whether we are part of it ourselves or we truly are, all alone or left alone scaring ourselves on this silly planet.

Hypothermia can cause a lot of strange side effects indeed Frankie. And that's cool, winds can really be unpredictable huh? So many untouched places in our world yet to be discovered! Someday I must do a backpacking trip around the world! Will definitely check out that book of yours, might just be my cup of tea!
    I like how you both came up with the Malaysian jet through this little piece though, which was never my intention to begin with!

And yes indeed! This was really interesting to talk about, so please do share more both of you! Also when it comes to lunatic stuff......this guy here lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR0jJMibQFc
    makes me wanna bang my head into a concrete wall.

Teshka said:

OMG!! first your fascinating prose Eccer, then the Dyatlov article. but then amaryn and Frankie your comments and additional offerings that now have me wanting to read or revisit other works.....

Eccer i dont have time to dump my brain of everything thats been raging through it but my first immediate thought after reading your footnote was....if this is "weird" then a lot of the very best classic literature is weird! This really fascinates me and i'm gonna come back later for another pass and more comments. Just for now, this was the best breakfast reading that i've come across in weeks, or months!
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Eccer View Post
    Ok, I think I've made my final edit to this piece... felt a bit messy in the middle there. (so many ideas to finalize properly) Tell me if you like it or not
    My initial comment was from my first reading, before your Russian story. I already very much liked your experimental poem.
    Now I've read it the second time, so the frigid expedition is more clearly expressed in parts of the prose.
    I loved it the first time; I love it even more now. The poem does seem to flow better, although I had no problem with it prior to your edits. However, your efforts are fruitful, because it is more fluid now, very enjoyable in that creepy sense.

Thanks to both of you Amaryn and Frankie, that's some awesome info you got there. Normally I tend to look away from UFO crazy theories/stories such as this. I like how you both came up with the Malaysian jet through this little piece though, which was never my intention to begin with!

You are welcome, Eccer. We are the recipients of the pleasure of your poem and the interesting background information you shared.
    Tess is right . . . you created quite a meaningful conversation! Thank you very much too!

And yes indeed! This was really interesting to talk about, so please do share more both of you! Also when it comes to lunatic stuff......this guy here lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR0jJMibQFc
    makes me wanna bang my head into a concrete wall.
    I don't even know who this guy is . . . but about 30 - 60 seconds was enough. I shut it off! :S :l

Eccer said:

He's a reknown conspiracist nuthead... there's nothing more to say about that.