One for the musicians! Looking to identify a pop/rock/funk song with femal vocals.

Thread: One for the musicians! Looking to identify a pop/rock/funk song with femal vocals.

Tags: female, funk, melody, musicians, rock
  1. andezmitchell said:

Default One for the musicians! Looking to identify a pop/rock/funk song with femal vocals.

I'm looking for this one song. It's got a psychedelic funk guitar line, released around 2010 (at least i think so), with rad female vocals, one of the lines goes like "when it's cold outside" and refers to prostituting oneself. that's all I've got to go on, cannot remember it for the life of me!!! and no search will turn it up. It was played on the radio quite frequently, especially WSFM around that time. An idea of part of the melody line goes " D F A, D F A, A C G" (comma being a breathe, [DFA=dotted crotchet rhythm and ACG=quavers]) halp plz plzplz

2. jp12345 said:

3. andezmitchell said:

No sorry, that's the first response I always get haha. When I say pop/funk/rock, it has all those elements combined. The guitar line at the beginning uses rhythm structure and chords used in psychedelic music.

4. andezmitchell said:

thankyou though

5. bugmenot1 said:

Adam Levine does have a high pitched singing voice.

"Harder To Breathe" by Maroon 5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV8NHsmVMPE&feature=kp

atmaestro said:

Try "Celestica" by Crystal Castles or "Always" by Erasure
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

7. andezmitchell said:

Thanks but no bingo. That one line of lyric isn't really important to it, the main themes are:
    1. Psychadelic funk+rock guitar
    2. excerpt from the melody line " D F A, D F A, A C G" (comma being a breathe, [DFA=dotted crotchet rhythm and ACG=quavers])