Electro/ 80's beat - can't find it

Thread: Electro/ 80's beat - can't find it

Tags: None
  1. Rotariu Theodor said:

Default Electro/ 80's beat - can't find it

I have this song stuck in my head and I can't find it (Shazam/Soundhound doesn't help). I've trimmed the audio by myself: http://youtu.be/lu4i4DL0aQ4. There's an extended version with lyrics but there's people talking over the song and the only thing I can make out of it is "it's time to change the sea/scene/c..?"
    The entire audio with people talking over the lyrics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdrhv_JWfh4
    Last edited by Rotariu Theodor; 04-18-2014 at 10:27 AM.

2. Rotariu Theodor said:

anyone? not a single clue? I can give you the original video but it's kinda gross...

Tahira said:

It somehow reminded me on "Sabrina - Boys Boys Boys"
    but I could be wrong.

4. Rotariu Theodor said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tahira View Post
    It somehow reminded me on "Sabrina - Boys Boys Boys"
    but I could be wrong.
    Nope, definitely not "Boys boys boys"... it's a guy singing. He sounds more like Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode.
    Last edited by Rotariu Theodor; 04-18-2014 at 05:58 AM.

Tahira said:

There was a german band in the 80ies called CAMOUFLAGE and the singer's voice and the band's music sounded similar to Depeche Mode. I donīt know if they were popular outside Germany. Their biggest hits that time were "Love is a shield" and "the great commandment".

The songs can be found on YouTube.

6. Rotariu Theodor said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tahira View Post
    There was a german band in the 80ies called CAMOUFLAGE and the singer's voice and the band's music sounded similar to Depeche Mode. I donīt know if they were popular outside Germany. Their biggest hits that time were "Love is a shield" and "the great commandment".

The songs can be found on YouTube.
    I've listened a bunch of their songs and none of them sounds like this one. Again some of the lyrics are "make you scream" and "time to chnage the ???" I've tried Shazam/Soundhound/MusixMatch... none of them recognizes the song Later I will crop the parts with the lyrics but it's impossible to figure them out.

Ok, the entire audio clip with the lyrics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdrhv_JWfh4
    Last edited by Rotariu Theodor; 04-18-2014 at 10:23 AM.

7. jp12345 said:

Found where the clip's from (thanks to the dialogue): Where The Bears Are - Season 2: Episode 1 PARTY BEARS

I hear "You said" "biggest (?) dream" "typical scene" "time to change the scene" but the lyrics aren't bringing up anything. It doesn't look like they are posted online. It's possible the songs are listed at the end of the full season 2 DVD, Where the Bears Are 2.

8. Rotariu Theodor said:

Quote Originally Posted by jp12345 View Post
    Found where the clip's from (thanks to the dialogue): Where The Bears Are - Season 2: Episode 1 PARTY BEARS

I hear "You said" "biggest (?) dream" "typical scene" "time to change the scene" but the lyrics aren't bringing up anything. It doesn't look like they are posted online. It's possible the songs are listed at the end of the full season 2 DVD, Where the Bears Are 2.
    Yes, I'm aware of that. I asked on twitter two of the actors about the song (one was in the production team) and one of them said he didn't have any idea and the other one didn't respond. I even contected the team via e-mail but they haven't replyed yet.

9. Rotariu Theodor said:

OK, the song MIGHT be "Obscene Dream (Quadrilateral Cordon Mix)" by Exhibition (it's the only song from the series' credits that matches the description) but obviously it's NOWHERE to be found. I found on a forum thread from 2002 some guys talking about this band and apparently it's a synthpop band. There are 2 bands named Exhibition: http://listenmusic.fm/artist/EXHIBITION-138680/bio

10. jp12345 said:

It looks like the song is on a compilation called "Synthphony 2001 - The Remixes Vol. 2". I found the CD for $15 here.
    Last edited by jp12345; 04-24-2014 at 01:40 AM.

11. Rotariu Theodor said: