Please help!

Thread: Please help!

Tags: None
  1. NEM79 said:

Default Please help!

Ok, I heard a song on the radio today that I have heard at least a thousand times before, but have never been able to figure out the name of it. I think it's from the late 80's, or possibly early 90's, I'm not sure. But one thing I am sure of is that everyone and their dog has heard this song many times, and would recognize it instantly. It starts out with some intense sounding saxaphone playing (at least I think it's a saxaphone), and then mellows out when the guy starts singing. Unfortunately, I really don't know any of the lyrics except for in the chorus I believe he says "you're going home" or "you're coming home" or something along those lines. It's like "you're coming, you're coming home". I wish I knew more details, but I don't. I would really like to find this song, so any help would be appreciated very much.

P.S. The key to this song is the saxaphone. It is the most recognizable thing about it.

Thank you.
    Last edited by NEM79; 10-20-2006 at 10:12 PM.

2. tawvb1 said:

Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street, well known has intense saxaphone and has lyrics:

And when you wake up it's a new mornin'
    The sun is shinin' it's a new morning
    You're goin'
    You're goin' home.

3. NEM79 said:

BINGO! Thank you very much!