80s song... but you're going to hate me for this!

Thread: 80s song... but you're going to hate me for this!

Tags: None
  1. itsthisone said:

For those still wondering what song it is, its Temptation by New Order. Great tune!

2. bjojones989 said:

Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider??

3. Velvetweb02 said:

Quote Originally Posted by spectragirl View Post
    All I remember is the lyric: "whoa OH oh oh". I only heard a male voice(s). It's definitely 80s because it was on an 80s only music station (played at someone's house, not sure what station so I can't look it up). It's a little slow and sad sounding and has a Tears for Fears kind of vibe. The "whoa's" take up a lot of the entire song - like whoa OH (upper note) oh oh (all drawn out, 2 beats each) and it sounds echoed or layered. Before that were six syllables that go up and come down. I know it's *very* little to go by, but it was so nice I had to ask. It sounded like a very simple 2/4 or 4/4 song.

It's not Tarzan Boy and it's not Things Can Only Get Better... hmm.
    Its Fixx . Red skies

4. spekticle said:

Default I know you won't see this, but it bugged me for an hour....

All I remember is the lyric: "whoa OH oh oh". I only heard a male voice(s). It's definitely 80s because it was on an 80s only music station (played at someone's house, not sure what station so I can't look it up). It's a little slow and sad sounding and has a Tears for Fears kind of vibe. The "whoa's" take up a lot of the entire song - like whoa OH (upper note) oh oh (all drawn out, 2 beats each) and it sounds echoed or layered. Before that were six syllables that go up and come down. I know it's *very* little to go by, but it was so nice I had to ask. It sounded like a very simple 2/4 or 4/4 song.

I am absolutely positive it has to be this song:

Howard Jones- Things Can Only Get Better

Your welcome

J
    Last edited by spekticle; 12-08-2016 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Well I didn't read your post that it wasnt things can only get better, it was the song I was searching for over an hour

5. icare said:

I am 100% youre searching for this song that plays after the guy finish shooting the toy gun
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZmX....be&t=2h37m52s

It is so similar to Tarzan Boy but the beat kind of relax a bit.
    If im not mistaken this song has alarm clocks as beat too.
    Sorry I still don't know the name of the song.
    Maybe someone will notice this.

EDIT: Found it. The name of the song is Swiss Boy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLq4Pg2KKrw
    Last edited by icare; 01-26-2017 at 02:22 AM.

6. frobbie said:

It could be this masterpiece from 1986: John Farnham - You're the voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbkOZTSvrHs

7. JakeA said:

It may be Sweet Child o Mine - Guns and Roses (Australian band)

8. Its.me said:

I think what your looking for is called livin on a prayer by Bon jovi. Hopefully this is the one!

9. Its.me said:

Could it be livin on a prayer by Bon jovi?

10. Jmbl said:

Self Control by Laura Branigan. That part of the song is also sampled in RuPaul's We Can Fly Tonight (which also has a reference to A-ha's Take on Me).

11. xetalinette said:

epic

12. Drew said:

Based on your description. Take a listen to the song "Daimond Sun" By Glass Tiger. The song is really nice although being Canadian it didn't get much airplay world wide. If not that, than try Rock & Hyde - "Dirty Water". Both meet your description. Let me know if either matches. - elderkinmusic@live.ca.

Drew

13. Drew said:

LOL Did you really just say GNR are Australian?? Axle ran around with tight *** american biker shorts with his shlong hanging out. You can't get more american than GNR.

14. rgswoohoo said:

New Kids on the Block - Hangin' Tough ?

15. lhthe said:

It may be Sweet Child o Mine - Guns and Roses

16. intensitynine said:

Swiss Boy - Lou Sern

17. saures1999 said:

After all these years and no one has gotten it right, seriously? Its obviously Faithfully by Journey, released in 1983.

18. deutschauto said:

I was having a hard time finding something similar... thanks to the person who posted about the canadian band: Glass Tiger. Turns out I was looking for: The Payolas - Dirty Water

So thats my guess of what you maybe looking for: The Payolas - Dirty Water