early 90's techno-style song... was NOT popular

Thread: early 90's techno-style song... was NOT popular

Tags: 90s, electronic, instrumental, rain, techno
  1. gromit615 said:

Question early 90's techno-style song... was NOT popular

Greetings all,

There was a song that I had recorded on cassette from the radio (Tulane University's radio station) some time in the early 90's. The song was not a popular song, meaning it was not on MTV, in a movie (as far as I know) or on popular radio. Here are the few details that I can express in words:
    - The song had no lyrics/words
    - The song had the sound of rain falling throughout (I do believe there was thunder also)
    - The song was not crazy fast but it certainly wasn't slow. Definitely a good energy.
    - There was a break in the song in which most of the beat dropped out and there was only the sound of the rain (and thunder, perhaps) and the accompanying sound (kind of like a siren, but not a siren). The "siren" would play throughout the song in four notes. The first note was long and was followed by three shorter "siren" notes that played at different notes. These "siren" sounds would repeat throughout the song.
    - I've been haunted by this song for 20+ years now and have searched high and low... but, to no avail.

Thought? Questions? HELP!!
    Thanks for any input you can offer...

- Cheers

2. jp12345 said:

BC Dance - Rain ? (it has a few vocals, maybe there's a remix)

3. gromit615 said:

Nope, not it jp12345. But thanks. The song in my head was borderline "hardcore", for lack of a better term. Meaning, it wasn't "airy" and beautiful. No piano, if I remember correctly. Thanks again.