80's or 90's ballad

Thread: 80's or 90's ballad

Tags: None
  1. Elaine Johnson said:

Default 80's or 90's ballad

I am looking for a ballad sung in the late 80's or 90's. the only part of the lyrics I remember is something about " a rock and roll lullabye". I do know it is not by B.J. Thomas. I remember that I had it on a cassette tape, but I don't remember if I recorded it off the radio or if it was given to me. If you can help me, i would be forever grateful.

2. jp12345 said:

3. Elaine Johnson said:

nope. it was a soft rock ballad, no rapping of any kind in it. I really wish I could remember more of the lyrics. It was in the late 80's, early 90's. I remember I was still living at home and I moved out in late 1990.

4. SIXTIES CHILD said:

was it roller girl by dire strates?

5. spr8 said:

6. Elaine Johnson said:

Nope to both. I don't know if I will ever find it. Thanks for everyone that is helping.

7. Mark Mc Hugh said:

8. Elaine Johnson said:

Nope. I don't think the title was rock n roll lullabies, it just had those words in the chorus somewhere. Thanks again for all the help.

atmaestro said:

Male, female or group vocals?

"Rock and Roll Lullaby" by Jessi Colter (1984)
    "Rock And Roll Lullaby" by Bill Kimber (1975)
    "Rock and Roll Love Letter" by Bay City Rollers (1977)
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

10. Elaine Johnson said:

I am not sure about the songs listed above. I finally remembered that it was played on the radio about the same time Alannah Myles released Black Velvet. I also believe the timeline can be limited to early 1989 as the album Black Velvet was on was released in March 1989. I hope this helps those helping me. Thanks again guys!!