Did I make this song up? Song from a dream...

Thread: Did I make this song up? Song from a dream...

Tags: 1960s, 1970s, dream, hippie, music
  1. TheMusicLuvR said:

Cool Did I make this song up? Song from a dream...

Backstory... Last night I had a dream I was watching an old cartoon called "Luanne" that was about some hippie kids in a stereotypical California beachside town trying to make their way thru middle school. The show had an instrumental theme song that's been stuck in my head all day.

I do have a lot of music in my dreams, but most of it "fades away" after ten minutes of me waking up. I liked the song so much that I began to write it out on Mixcraft Studio 6 ... and that's when I realized I'd almost certainly heard it somewhere before. I've run it by two friends and two of my siblings, all who agree that it sounds "very familiar." My eldest brother said "Yeah, I think it's from some movie I watched."

Like the characters in my dream, the song would have probably originated from the late 60s or early 70s. There's a lot of distorted electric guitars in it. AllTheLyrics Forum will not let me upload the file, so I have the MP3 I made of this dream-song on Tumblr here:

http://little-miss-kitschy.tumblr.co...night-and-so-i

I think the drum beat is incorrect and the instruments sound a bit wonky because they are synthesized, but the song itself should be more or less correct.

Is this a real song? Or did I really write this one myself?

atmaestro said:

The tune sounds extremely familiar but the database in my head did not find it on the first try. So I want to thank you in advance for the lack of sleep I am going to endure until the mystery is solved.

For me, the opening has a late 60's "feel", but the refrain sounds more 1980's.

Like your brother, I am leaning towards a song from a movie...
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title