Nokta by Rachid Taha

Thread: Nokta by Rachid Taha

Tags: nokta, rachid taha, translate, translation

Shanaa said:

Default Nokta by Rachid Taha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fRAHfWDpy8

Anyone know these lyrics? I really love Rachid and his music, and have been dying for a translation on this song, but cant find one...I heard somewhere it meant 'Joke' but this video labels it as 'Point'? Thanks/Shukran for any possible help! I'd be very grateful

Shanaa said:

Someone on tumblr said this --

"no matter how high she flies
    she would be living on a weak branch
    they say women market is dangerous, if you’re getting into it be careful
    they would show you quintals of gain, but you would lose your self”
    this is the closest translation I could think of, the second part of the song is “tabri7a” which is when “rai” singers dedicate the song to some people.

Can anyone confirm or give transliteration of the song? Any help will be appreciated, please!

3. Salgueiro said:

Please, I'm looking for a translation to this song too. A lebanese friend told me it's about women that marry rich men. Could someone please confirm?

Shanaa said:

حمامة طارت وعلات

وسكنت فوق عود راشي (لو) قال لك سوق النساء سوق مطيار

يالداخل رد بالك

يوريوك الربح بالقنطار

ويخسروك في راس مالك

هادي تبريحة

في خاطر الجماعة

اللي معانة جالسة

في خاطر لكبار و الصغار

في خاطر اللي غاب واللي زار

رانا نتمناو

المحبة والسلام

لكاع(لكل) سكان العالم

وتزيان الأيام

مايبقى لا مظلوم ولا ظالم

مايبقى لا مظلوم ولا ظالم
    I found the Arabic text and I tried to translate it (I got the gist I think, but I'd be thankful for help), but I don't really have confidence to post it, so, could anyone help?

hob said:

Quote Originally Posted by Shanaa View Post
    I found the Arabic text and I tried to translate it (I got the gist I think, but I'd be thankful for help), but I don't really have confidence to post it, so, could anyone help?
    Just try it's not big deal if there's not everything of the lyrics or little mistakes, i understand a little bit too so maybe we can more or less have something from those lyrics