We're like parasites among wolves
    The infection spreads through the blood

Teshka said:

Quote Originally Posted by BackInBlack View Post

Everybody's distracted by the mass spectacles
    Even Caesar knew that it was merely inevitable
    They had to change the definition of respectable
    Lines blurred, the real truth no longer looks credible
    Nothing to critique, it's all great and this is my favorite part.

Goats horns and cloven hooves, deceit is what we're made of

We're like parasites among wolves
    The infection spreads through the blood
    Just trying to dissect the line of thought that you're repeating in those lines.....would you mind elaborating on the 'cloven hooves' reference? PM is ok if you don't want to get too specific in a public post.
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

BackInBlack said:

Thanks for your compliments, I really like that verse as well. As for the chorus. I don't mind speaking directly about it. It's a play on words concerning Pan, Baphomet and how these two distinct gods from different cultures all get dropped in with Satanism and or associated with Lucifer, who is yet another god from another culture. The whole song is a comment on how small evils, such as but not limited to lying and gossiping about your neighbors are subliminally encouraged in a society that claims to abhor such behavior. I also wanted to drive it home to people that we're all human and human nature is deeply flawed. Hence the line, the infection spreads through the blood. Basically saying that every man, woman and child ever born were born with a fallen nature. That puts us all... on a level playing field.

Teshka said:

Ok yea, I was assuming a religious tone. And pharasitic?.....self-important hypocritical bloodsuckers? blind guides, whitewashed bones.....that was my assumption of your meaning, though sometimes I may over-reach bcs i'm an unrelenting critic of the hypocrisies and fallacies of our present 'civilization' which is in so many ways not civilized at all......barbarism cloaked in some kind of faux righteousness.

'We kill, rape, torture, lie, and run the gamut
    And then complain about the state of our planet'

Yes.

I'm also thinking now of a comment that my bf 'moonride*r*' recently made....that the current state of political argument in the U.S. has been reduced to extreme element 'A' claiming that the other element 'B' is 'racist' while 'B' says that 'A' are all 'baby killers'....but (my thoughts now) both extremes are wrong at least because they dehumanize individuals through their patent collectivisms. Same as gossip in a way, and it's all the kind of thing that can divide people in the worst kinds of ways and even start wars.

I like your avatar btw, I think. I'm kind of putting that together with one of your other recent lyrics and the line that includes 'a million and one' or something like that.

But sometimes i just talk too much. Reading YOUR LYRICS (all of them) has become one of my favorite preoccupations on this website.
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

5. tylerflipz said:

I can see you are probably a pretty heavy tool fan just by the sense of influence I see in this song. Really good man..really good.

BackInBlack said:

Yes, you got the pharisee connection right, spot on. While unrighteousness may be wrong, it does not bother me as bad as pseudo- Sunday morning righteousness. Such as self righteousness. I want people to realize that NO one is righteous. And your bf is correct about politics... we could take it one step further and claim that politics is just a show... bread and circus, to keep the moronic brainwashed masses enthralled and believing that one side or another is for them and will make a difference when in fact both sides are unilaterally working together behind the scenes for the same cause. But enough of that. I don't want you thinking I'm a conspiracy nut. (though I most certainly am). Thank you so much for your comments and thanks for reading my material. Much love.

BackInBlack said:

Nailed it tylerflips. 100 percent correct. I am impatiently waiting for their new album.

JJCory3 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teshka View Post
    I'm also thinking now of a comment that my bf 'moonride*r*' recently made...

...wait, you and moonride*r* are a couple?! #powerduo. Two of my favorite writers on here! Lol :P

But anyway, I don't to take away this thread or change the subject. This really is a great piece BIB.

Teshka said:

NO one is righteous.
    SO TRUE and I can really only talk with people that can acknowledge that right up front. Otherwise it isn't even a conversation.

we could take it one step further and claim that politics is just a show...both sides are unilaterally working together
    and both D and R go through K $treet where money lines every surface and tries to fill every void.

I don't want you thinking I'm a conspiracy nut. (though I most certainly am).
    np, I understand perfectly.
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Teshka said:

Quote Originally Posted by JJCory3 View Post
    ...wait, you and moonride*r* are a couple?! #powerduo. Two of my favorite writers on here! Lol :P

But anyway, I don't to take away this thread or change the subject. This really is a great piece BIB.
    Yes for the past 3 years, we met in 2011 when he was writing a lot of that dark stuff. But he didn't get me onto this website till more than a year later.....and he should take 100% of the credit for getting me to try writing poetry and occasionally song lyrics. But thank you! and yea this is BInB's thread so i'll shut now too
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

BackInBlack said:

Thank you JJCory3