Helen - Merik

Thread: Helen - Merik

Tags: None
  1. Eussuf said:

Default Helen - Merik

Hello my new friends. I hope everyone is doing well. It's really hot here in LA so I'm happy I've learned how to say "fire" in Farsi. Has anyone ever heard of Helen? I particularly like a song called Merik. If someone has the translation that would be killer.

2. Eussuf said:

Of course Laura you are quite right. I didn't mean to undermine anyone's importance. I love what you guys have done.

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by Eussuf View Post
    Hello my new friends. I hope everyone is doing well. It's really hot here in LA so I'm happy I've learned how to say "fire" in Farsi. Has anyone ever heard of Helen? I particularly like a song called Merik. If someone has the translation that would be killer.
    Helen? Amazing is a suitable word for her voice, but I think this song "Merik" is an armenian song, I'll check about it Ussuf jan
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

4. Eussuf said:

Salaam V-

I just did a little more research and it is Armenian. I'm actually kind of glad it's not Farsi because I listened to it and could only hear a word that I thought sounded like khoob; I've only been trying to learn for a little while now but I would think I could understand more than that. I discovered her on the sarzamin site that you introduced us to so I just assumed it was Persian. Her voice is really wonderful though.

Yusuf

Vanda said:

Salaam V-

I just did a little more research and it is Armenian. I'm actually kind of glad it's not Farsi because I listened to it and could only hear a word that I thought sounded like khoob; I've only been trying to learn for a little while now but I would think I could understand more than that. I discovered her on the sarzamin site that you introduced us to so I just assumed it was Persian. Her voice is really wonderful though.

Yusuf
    really? do you have a teacher or learning farsi by yourself? if there is any problem in farsi, you can count on me mate

- Hafez

6. Eussuf said:

You are too sweet Vandi. I'm teaching myself. I'm using Pimsleur. Are you familiar with the program? I've only really been at it for about a week now but I'm committed. I will def be asking you questions. I only wish I could do something to return the favor.

Kheiyli motoshakeram

Vanda said:

You are too sweet Vandi. I'm teaching myself. I'm using Pimsleur. Are you familiar with the program? I've only really been at it for about a week now but I'm committed. I will def be asking you questions. I only wish I could do something to return the favor.

Kheiyli motoshakeram
    no, I don't know this program,
    but I think if you start to speak you will learn it better,
    don't scare, I correct you
    like me
    as you see my english is not good but I speak as much as I know lol
    and about your name, are you originally american?
    cuz Ussuf(really nice name) is a popular name in middle east, sorry for meddling :-)
    Vandi
    Last edited by Vanda; 07-04-2007 at 07:30 AM.

- Hafez