SOLVED: '90s dream pop?

Thread: SOLVED: '90s dream pop?

Tags: None
  1. stuckonit said:

Default SOLVED: '90s dream pop?

Hi all. Spent hours trying to ID a song I hadn't heard in forever but which I love. '90s dream pop? Only caught tail end. Recurring (I'm pretty sure) words are something like "Am I losing my mind". Female singer, at least this part. To hear the melody of what I think is the chorus, cut and paste what's in between the dashes - c''4 c''4 f''4 e''4 c''4 c''4. ais'4. c''4 c''4 f''4 e''4 c''4 c''4 - at www.musipedia.org/js_piano.html#x Thought it might be the Cocteau Twins, but it's not that ethereal. Maybe indie pop? Maybe '80s? Thanks for any help you can give. And yes, I'm losing my mind.
    Last edited by stuckonit; 10-06-2014 at 07:36 AM.

atmaestro said:

"Losing My Mind" is a song written by Stephen Sondheim for the 1971 musical "Follies" and it has been covered by many artists
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. stuckonit said:

Quote Originally Posted by atmaster View Post
    "Losing My Mind" is a song written by Stephen Sondheim for the 1971 musical "Follies" and it has been covered by many artists
    Thanks. Yeah, I did see that, but that's not it. I think I most likely have the words wrong. But the syllables match the melody and what I think I heard in a cafe in the afternoon. I searched for "Am I/are we/are you", and added "just" and "still", and then "wasting my/our time", "reading my mind". The song was so familiar when I heard it that I thought I'd have no problem finding it, but it's been such a challenge and of course I can't remember more than what I put here. The melody is pretty right-on, but that's about it for now. I think I'll have to resort to listening to dream-pop playlists.

4. stuckonit said:

OMG (gosh), I found it!!!! The Cardigans - Erase and Rewind. Well, I got the "mind" part right - "cuz I've been changing my mind". Unbelievable what a beautiful melody can do. Well, the search got me to make some beautiful (re)discoveries as well. Toodles for now!