Solved: obscure song from 1991: title and artist?

Thread: Solved: obscure song from 1991: title and artist?

Tags: None
  1. yor said:

Default Solved: obscure song from 1991: title and artist?

hoping someone can help me find the title and artist of this song.

opening lyrics : it was always written in the book of hearts, love will find a way, the first page may be lonely at the start, it was getting better everyday, she made me feel the deepest of emotions.......

chorus : love gets a little bit rough, ?steals your heart away.....

the artist is an american male, music video looks like it's set in the rockies.

thanks

2. seenzie said:

have you found out the name of this song?i remember about the same amount of it as you and have been hunting for the title for years. the guy had longish dark hair and was up on some cliff face singing. The opening verse and chorus have stuck with me but i have never been able to track down a copy of the song as i have never obtained the title. i came across yout post whilst googling the lyrics lol. if you did manage to find the artist and title could you please let me know

3. Emex said:

I might be able to help with a bit of info. He is an Australian artist, the album was titled "Gypsy Moon", I can only remember his name as Troy--- (something)

I'm looking for the same artist and album details.

Good luck, will update with more info if I can find it

Cheers!

lollipop said:

I don't know, if 2 of first posters ever visit this thread again, but at least I can tell Emex, that you are very right about Troy and Gypsy Moon.

He is Troy Newman, the song is "Love gets rough"

and you can hear this full song here: http://members.tripod.com/crazyness_1/ (only works with IE browser!)

and here are Album details: http://www.amazon.com/Gypsy-Moon-Tro.../dp/B000008IXG

5. Emex said:

FOUND IT!

Troy Newman, artist Album: Gypsy Moon

have a good one!

6. Emex said:

Ahh beat me to it

meh, all good

lollipop said:

@Emex: Without your first post I could of never find it. So basically i just filled few blind spots, nothing more.

Thank you Emex!

--------------
    Solved.

8. Emex said:

This bit of news is saddening though, from bmusic newsletter..

"Troy Newman moved to Sydney following the band's break up and found moderate success as a solo performer, scoring a Billboard hit with the single "Love Gets Rough" and the album Gypsy Moon in 1991, released through Atlantic imprint East West Records and by Warner Music in Australia. He released a second album in 1996 before succumbing to depression and committing suicide in March, 1997."

He was cute too!

BTW, no probs lollipop... Have a great new year everyone!