Solved: Time won't heal a broken hearted me

Thread: Solved: Time won't heal a broken hearted me

Tags: None
  1. suziquzi said:

Question Solved: Time won't heal a broken hearted me

I heard this in a movie last night called "Consenting Adults". It was really "Smooth Blues". Anybody know it? And who sings it? Who was ORIGINAL artist??? Any info?

logan01 said:

Found a "Smooth Blues" performed by Carlos Eduardo Arellano.

3. suziquzi said:

Is the song called "Time won't heal a broken hearted me" ?

4. Hector said:

Anne Murray had a hit in the '70's with a song called "broken hearted me."

The chorus:
    No, I don't think time is gonna heal this broken heart,
    No, I don't see how it can while we are still apart...
    A million miracles could never stop the pain,
    Or put all the pieces together again... etc.

5. suziquzi said:

Question re: Time won't heal

Hi..that COULD be it, i know some of the other words were "Put no headstone on my grave".... do you know if those are part of this "Anne Murray" song s well?? thanks!

6. rstare said:

The song is Anne Murray "Broken Hearted Me" as you thought. The song was used recently in an episode of "Cold Case" and we liked it and did some research. You can hear a sample of it on Amazon.com for her best hits CD. Don't know about the "headstone on my grave" part.

atmaestro said:

The full lyrics for Anne Murray's "Broken Hearted Me" are as follows and do not include the lyrics "Put No Headstone On My Grave"
    ("Don’t Put No Headstone On My Grave" is a Charlie Rich song recorded by Jerry Lee Lewis among others)

Every now and then I cry
    Every night you keep stayin' on my mind
    All my friends say I'll survive
    It just takes time

CHORUS
    But I don't think time is gonna heal this broken heart
    No I don't see how it can if it's broken all apart
    A million miracles could never stop the pain
    Or put all the pieces together again
    No I don't think time is gonna heal this broken heart
    No I don't see how it can while we are still apart
    And when you hear this song
    I hope that you will see
    That time won't heal a broken-hearted me

Every day is just the same
    Playin' games, different lovers, different names
    They keep sayin' I'll survive
    It just takes time

CHORUS

Time won't heal a broken-hearted me
    Last edited by atmaestro; 06-22-2008 at 08:34 AM.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

shirooto said:

I agree with atmaster. "Broken Hearted Me" has no "put no headstone on my grave" line. Anyway, England Dan and John Ford Coley also have their version of the same song.

9. lhalabi58 said:

Default No headstone on my grave

Quote Originally Posted by suziquzi View Post
    I heard this in a movie last night called "Consenting Adults". It was really "Smooth Blues". Anybody know it? And who sings it? Who was ORIGINAL artist??? Any info?

The original songwriter was Charlie Rich (blues/country singer). The movie credits say that the singer is Q Rose. I cannot find anything on her, so that is more than likely not her real name. She is a great singer, I wish I could find more of her music. Another good song that she sings from the soundtrack is Looking Back'. Very good also.

10. Q Rose said:

Hi... I'm Q Rose.... glad someone liked my voice :-) my name is Suzie Benson aka Suzie Rose aka Q Rose..

11. ctgal said:

Smile Are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Q Rose View Post
    Hi... I'm Q Rose.... glad someone liked my voice :-) my name is Suzie Benson aka Suzie Rose aka Q Rose..
    ...that SOMEONE liked your voice??
    Home sick and watched the old movie consenting adults. All I could say is...WOW! Who.is.That.Singing?? Had to look at the credits and look it up.

Late to the party, I know...but - you should be a BIG star. Your voice is simply amazing.

Just had to post that.
    I'm going to go buy something you've put out now, thank you

12. mugglemomof3 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Q Rose View Post

OMG - are you serious??? I've been hunting on the internet off and on for years trying to find more stuff by "Q. Rose". I think your voice is Splendid! Or maybe Magnificent is a better word?!

I see that you've done mostly background vocals. Girl - you gotta get out there and make us a full-length CD of stuff just like on Consenting Adults. Top notch work there. !!

Please???

13. Q Rose said:

Wow! thanx!!
    well, I don't usually sing in that low a register. It was only for the movie :-)
    but you can hear a lot of different genres of my singing and writing at ::
    reverbnation.com/suzierose
    I also have an old CD from 2002 on CDbaby.com under Suzie Rose entitled "I'm Still"
    thanx for the support and compliment xoooxxxoo

14. Q Rose said:

Default Q Rose (hi...suzie here ;-)

Hi!
    I just got an email asking if there was a website with my music on it.
    I do have a website that has an eclectic mix of songs I've done if you'd like to take a look :-)
    reverbnation.com/suzierose

and thanx so much for the sweet and thoughtful emails... really makes me feel supported. Especially since it's been pretty slow music-wise since my baby was born.
    I hope to be recording a lot more tunes next year
    xxoo

15. Q Rose said:

haha.. .that's funny.... I DID have the website up...
    Well, there it is again.. haha
    :-)

16. Lambretta said:

Default Hey Suzie

Is this Suzie Benson , old friend of Shana Lander? If it is this is David Anderson...rember me? I just wanted to say hi, always loved your voice, glad to see your still in the buisness.

David

17. chocolatecherries said:

I had to do some research to find the voice behind "No Headstone On My Grave," as well as the other soulful sounds in the movie "Consenting Adults." I am really behind, but I always loved the music. I was trying to find the soundtrack for that move........where?

18. drawingu said:

Smile another fan

Quote Originally Posted by ctgal View Post
    ...that SOMEONE liked your voice??
    Home sick and watched the old movie consenting adults. All I could say is...WOW! Who.is.That.Singing?? Had to look at the credits and look it up.

Late to the party, I know...but - you should be a BIG star. Your voice is simply amazing.

Just had to post that.
    I'm going to go buy something you've put out now, thank you
    You have one of the most beautiful blues voices I have ever heard. It is mesmerizing. Do you have any CD's out. Your rendition of no tombstone on my grave is second to none. I want to buy something you have done. Your incredible.

19. Q Rose said:

Smile Thank you!

Just wanted to say thanks for being so kind and supportive.
    Feels so nice to every once in a while get an email saying someone has posted on this forum.
    I've posted the links in earlier posts but will again now :-)

www.reverbnation.com/suzierose

and CDbaby.com Album: "I'm Still" Artist: Suzie Rose

atmaestro said:

Going back to the original request, I believe suziquzi had us all "barking" up the wrong tree with the comments about "Smooth Blues" and "Broken Hearted Me". Just to set the record straight, the song in question was "Don’t Put No Headstone On My Grave" performed by Q Rose.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104006/soundtrack
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title