help ?? i can't find the song.

Thread: help ?? i can't find the song.

Tags: None
  1. Te'kyla Rodriguez said:

Question help ?? i can't find the song.

The other day i was in chipotle grill and i heard this song. i'm pretty sure it's an old song i've heard it before in the past i just never knew the name or the lyrics. i couldn't make out the lyrics. i been trying to type in anything i thought sounded like it but so far nothing.

it's a female singer and it has a lot of "oh whoa oh oh" in the beginning of the song and me and my friend were trying to figure out if they were saying
    "and this is how we knoooowww" or "this is how it goesssssss" or "let me goooo" i just have no idea what they are saying. it's not a slow song it had more of a beat and they were singing kinda fast so it was hard to make out the words. i was making up my own lyrics to be able to say how it sounded. people tell me sounds familar they just can't figure it out. it might have been a pop song.

does anyone have any idea of what song this is?

atmaestro said:

A real stab in the dark..., try "Stand Back" by Stevie Nicks
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. Te'kyla Rodriguez said:

Nope that's not it i wish i had more lyrics to say but the song was going pretty fast it was hard to hear.

4. Te'kyla Rodriguez said:

it mostly sings the oh whoa oh oh and then it says something and it repeats it . i don't know what is being said to me it sounds like "this is how i knowww" or "how i roll" or "how it go" or "i have to goo" lol i know towards the end of the song it stops and keeps saying oh oh whoa or something and then again repeats the same thing. i have no idea it's just one of those songs that you can't make out lyrics unless you were up close to the radio to really hear it. chipotle doesn't have a radio i believe they make their playlists of what songs so i couldn't look up on a radio station the song or i would have. i actually thought it was stevie nicks but i don't think any songs go like this one and if there is i don't know it.

atmaestro said:

Next wild guess is "Back on the Chain Gang" by Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders

6. Te'kyla Rodriguez said:

nope that's not it either lol i wish i had more lyrics

7. bugmenot1 said:

"Don't it always seem to go"

"Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bdMSCdw20

8. Te'kyla Rodriguez said:

that's not it either. i been going crazy trying to find this song for a while now. i searched it up and i don't know anymore lyrics. it's not a slow song it sounds like something that could have been in a club. i'm not sure. i know it's an older song.

at the very end she says

oh wow oh wow oh wow or it could be oh whoa oh whoa oh whoa and i think the song finishes.

9. wurzlsepp said:

Most likely i'm totally off but your description of the whoa's makes me think of a german song:

Jule Neigel - Schatten an der Wand

Here's another guess, even more plausible: Grouplove - School Boy
    Last edited by wurzlsepp; 03-20-2015 at 02:03 PM.

10. hobbes8548 said:

This has happened to me before. Not about your particular song, which unfortunately I can't help you with, but I have been at a Chipotle and thought to myself "what song is that?" only to go back home and fail miserably at trying to remember what it was. I even went back to that Chipotle numerous times to see if I could catch another listen of it. I believe I even went up to the cash register and asked them if they had a playlist they could share with me but the manager denied (if I remember correctly). The last thing I did was try to e-mail Chipotle themselves with the date/location of where I heard the song and even though they couldn't tell me specifically, they actually gave me a document with their current playlist. Apparently Chipotle maintained a month to month playlist of songs for their franchise. So basically I went through the hundreds of songs on the document until I finally found the one I was looking for! (If you're curious it was Deerhoof - Believe E.S.P.)

So you could try e-mailing them to see if they can share with you a playlist for November 2014 (and give them the exact Chipotle location as it may or may not help). However I'm not sure if they still manage their music this way. My experience was about 4 years ago so maybe they've changed their music selection/distribution process since then.

11. Te'kyla Rodriguez said:

hopefully somebody will come across and know what i am talking about wishing i had more lyrics to go by because i don't know them only what i thought i heard or similar

12. Te'kyla Rodriguez said:

does anyone know a song by a female singer probably from the 80's or 90's that had a song with the ending like oh whoa whoa whoa oh whoa whoa whoa oh whoa whoa whoa

i could be wrong about the year but i don't think this is a real oldies song

atmaestro said:

Try the following songs:

"Do You Know the Way to San Jose" by Dionne Warwick (1968)

"My City Was Gone" by The Pretenders (1982)

14. IAL1985 said:

How we roll - Don Omar ft. Busta Rhymes, Reek da Villian & J-doe? (no female singer, figured it could be a cover)
    Mis-Teeq - Roll On (This Is How We Do It) ?
    Last edited by IAL1985; 04-01-2016 at 04:41 PM.

15. Te'kyla Rodriguez said:

Nope these aren't it! Hoping someone will come across this post that might know it

16. Te'kyla Rodriguez said:

I downloaded an app on my phone that identifies songs and if i ever hear it again i'll come back to say what the song was
    Last edited by Te'kyla Rodriguez; 04-24-2016 at 10:53 AM.

17. Killarafael said:

Quote Originally Posted by Te'kyla Rodriguez View Post
    I downloaded an app on my phone that identifies songs and if i ever hear it again i'll come back to say what the song was
    Did you ever figure it out? I think im looking for the same song...cant find it. Sorta disco-ish, girl faintly kinda hard to understand saying "i dont know" or "let me know over and over" again.