Ine Pia Keros (Dalaras) - Greek>English - isn't it here already?

Thread: Ine Pia Keros (Dalaras) - Greek>English - isn't it here already?

Tags: None

David Halitsky said:

Default Ine Pia Keros (Dalaras) - Greek>English - isn't it here already?

I was sure there was already a Greek>English translation here of Ine Pia Keros.

But I can't find it now.

So if it's here, could someone give me the link?

And if it's not, could someone translate, please.

All of you folks are GREAT - this site is incredible!

Thanks again.
    David

kmmy said:

Hi David !

I couldn't find the translation anywhere, so here you go the one I made myself:

Put out the candle and sit down to talk
    Take my eyes and cry before we break up

cloud and little cloud, the sky is crying
    and love, one night, became smoke

Quench the fire and let's go, it's time
    every one of your words is like a knife and sigh

David Halitsky said:

Thank you so much! Very much appreciated! I hope you won't mind if I come back a few more times. There are some old "standards" that for some reason are still not translated here or anywhere else on the web, even though they are on the playlists at the live365 stations like Radio Rainbow, Greek Sound, Greek Oldies etc. (Well, I consider them "standards" based on what I used to hear at the NYC "Greektown" clubs and Cafe Feenjon back in the late 60's and 70's.)

Also, one unrelated question you may know the answer to. None of the Greek web stations I just mentioned (at live365) have the main theme from Never on Sunday or Zorba on their playlists, even though they do play other music from these movies. And I'm just curious why - do you think it's because these themes are considered too "cliche" to bother including on playlists? Or because they're too available elsewhere?

Finally, how do I make sure your "thanked" count gets increased by one? Is this post enough or do I have to do something else in particular?

Best regards
    djh

greeksc said:

if someone answers the question in your thread just go to the thanks button on the reply line below their post
    and press the thanks button. all within your original thread. There are other sites to check for lyrics and translations as well..like http://lyricstranslate.com/ also Kammy's site which is http://kammyslyricalworld.com/

Amethystos said:

Quote Originally Posted by David Halitsky View Post
    Also, one unrelated question you may know the answer to. None of the Greek web stations I just mentioned (at live365) have the main theme from Never on Sunday or Zorba on their playlists, even though they do play other music from these movies. And I'm just curious why - do you think it's because these themes are considered too "cliche" to bother including on playlists?
    Exactly!
    Noone wants to listen those classics during his weekdays.
    Zorba can be heard on the radio if "National team of football" wins a game ....
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"