Indie Song by Female Singer (With details of music video)

Thread: Indie Song by Female Singer (With details of music video)

Tags: female, indie
  1. naturzen said:

Default Indie Song by Female Singer (With details of music video)

Hi everyone,

So I came across a song playing on the Indie station for PlutoTV but was unable to record the information of the song at the time. Here's what I can recall and of course I appreciate any help:

Singer: Female, Caucasian, Sang with a deep voice, had black hair in her video

Genre: It was playing on the Indie channel so I assume it was an Indie song, more specifically it was a more mellow and drawn out tune with slow deliberate lyrics. The word "haunting" comes to mind when I describe it.

Lyrics: This is where my memory fails me. However I think that the chorus was something like "You lost a piece of yourself, a piece of yourself, a piece of yourself.." or "You forgot a piece of yourself, a piece of yourself, a piece of yourself".

Video: This is what I recall the best. The video was shot in very dark or cool tones (blues, grays, whites, blacks). During the chorus I remember the singer was sitting in the middle of a large empty room with a man lying across her lap. Each time she sang a chorus line she placed her hand above his head and without touching it would move his head up and down slightly.

Year: The fact that it was playing on the channel leads me to believe that it is a more recent song.

Unfortunately that's all the information I can provide.It's not much but hopefully it rings a bell for someone.

atmaestro said:

The artist description sounds like Amy Winehouse; perhaps her song; "Help Yourself"?
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. naturzen said:

Thank you for the response. I checked and that's definitely not it. The fact that I didn't recognize the face of the singer in her video leads me to believe she is definitely not mainstream. Also given the nature of Pluto TV to stream more recent songs, I think what I am looking for came out maybe in the last one to two years.