A 60s song lyric refrain I only recall

Thread: A 60s song lyric refrain I only recall

Tags: None
  1. Cynthia said:

Question A 60s song lyric refrain I only recall

I have been trying to find the name of the song and the artist for 40+ years. I recall a young man sang the lyrics I believe. A portion of the refrain went like this "dream girl" I love you yes little angel I think I do. I always thought it was Davey Jones from the Monkees. It is bubble gummy in sound. Someone once told me it was from the Association. If I ever heard it again I sure would know it. I hope someone can help me.
    Thanks,
    Cynthia

2. mich666 said:

Talking few suggestions

I have a few suggestion for you:
    "it's only love" by B.J Thomas
    "Turn on a dream" by the box tops
    "pagan jake's dream girl"

Hope this helps

Good luck!

atmaestro said:

Davey Jones and The Association both have songs titled, "Dream Girl". I was not able to find a download, sample or lyrics for Davey's version. A 30-second sample of The Associations' version is on allmusic.com (try the link below but remove the quotation marks first)

"http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=33:8aqag0axtvnz"
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

logan01 said:

I found reference in wikipedia to a Monkees album titled "The Birds, The Bees & The Monkees" which has a song titled "Dream Girl". I have also found "chatter" on the net where people talk about that being their favorite Monkees song, etc. I have not been able to find any lyrics or downloads. Hope this can steer you in the right direction.

5. chegan59 said:

Cynthia, I have been looking for the same song for the same length of time. Did you end up tracking it down? I recall the lyrics as Dream Girl I Love You, Little Angel cant you see I do, Dream Girl, with your pretty eyes, I'm gonna make you mine. Gonna tell the world about you, Now that Ive found you, you wont get away, believe me when I say, My heart cries and cries. I'm so glad to know it wasn't something I made up in my head as a child! I also vaguely have the feeling it was a flip side to a single and possibly the artist was Brian Hyland?? I was living in Victoria at the time If you were to it may have been a localised release ie never heard outside of Vic.
    Cherie

6. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
    I have been trying to find the name of the song and the artist for 40+ years. I recall a young man sang the lyrics I believe. A portion of the refrain went like this "dream girl" I love you yes little angel I think I do. I always thought it was Davey Jones from the Monkees. It is bubble gummy in sound. Someone once told me it was from the Association. If I ever heard it again I sure would know it. I hope someone can help me.
    Thanks,
    Cynthia
    David Jones - Dream Girl {1965}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdQNjIGChNY

http://www.discogs.com/Davy-Jones-Da...elease/2912492

Note: Davy Jones of the Monkees. It appears that he released this song as a solo artist.

Dan