SOLVED: "I am a Murderer." "That's no lie".

Thread: SOLVED: "I am a Murderer." "That's no lie".

Tags: None
  1. DonRon said:

Default SOLVED: "I am a Murderer." "That's no lie".

I'm searching for a rock song. I've heard ist in a rock disco in the early 80's in Germany. Other typical songs played there were:

ZZ Top: "Tush", "La Grange"
    Sensational Alex Harvey Band: Isobel Goudie
    Led Zeppelin: Whole Lotta Love
    David Bowie: Station To Station
    Carolyn Mas: Sittin' In The Dark
    Fisher Z: Marlise
    Mother's Finest: Baby Love
    Flash and the Pain: "Down Among the Dead Man"
    Blue Öyster Cult: Don't Fear The Reaper

The sound of the song was similar to ZZ Top. It was well produced and the singer had a deep and calm voice. In the refrain he sang "I am a murderer" and "That's no lie". In the lyrics the terms "police" and "Is this man still free" appeared. Connected wit the refrain was a chorus. This chorus sang (but I am not quite sure) "He is a murderer."

2. DonRon said:

Quote Originally Posted by DonRon View Post
    I'm searching for a rock song. I've heard ist in a rock disco in the early 80's in Germany. Other typical songs played there were:

ZZ Top: "Tush", "La Grange"
    Sensational Alex Harvey Band: Isobel Goudie
    Led Zeppelin: Whole Lotta Love
    David Bowie: Station To Station
    Carolyn Mas: Sittin' In The Dark
    Fisher Z: Marlise
    Mother's Finest: Baby Love
    Flash and the Pain: "Down Among the Dead Man"
    Blue Öyster Cult: Don't Fear The Reaper

The sound of the song was similar to ZZ Top. It was well produced and the singer had a deep and calm voice. In the refrain he sang "I am a murderer" and "That's no lie". In the lyrics the terms "police" and "Is this man still free" appeared. Connected wit the refrain was a chorus. This chorus sang (but I am not quite sure) "He is a murderer."
    Got the answer in another forum. The Song is called "Murderer" and from the band "Mon Dyh" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmQFCrqUd40)

It's really crazy. I (I am German) have searched for decades for this song. I listened to all american and english blues rock bands of the past to find this song. But I never thought that a Band from West-Berlin made this song. This great tune is really forgotten. The band had never airplay or a contract with a major label.