Another, sad love song. (newbie)

Thread: Another, sad love song. (newbie)

Tags: None
  1. HighSchoolGuy said:

Default Another, sad love song. (newbie)

I'm new to song writing, I've written a pre-chorus and I'm wonder what you guys think of it, or if I should change anything?

Pre - Chorus

And I, hope
    That you will listen
    Take it from a man
    who's heart is missing

And I, wish
    that you won't feel like me
    because now every second
    isn't what it used to be

Any advice would be appreciated, I don't know what I'm doing, thanks.

2. davey said:

Carry on and work on it, u cod b a mini elton john

Sewn Up said:

Wow...you're pretty good. Just from the pre-chorus, I can see a lot of possible lyrical approaches for the song. Don't give up. If you're new to songwriting and this pre-chorus impresses me, you've got a lot of potential. The best advice I can give you is to just write what you feel. Take in your surroundings and don't be afraid to say what you think. Some of the best lyricists are daring enough to be honest in what they write. Keep it up. I'd like to see what else you can do.
    Last edited by Sewn Up; 12-05-2006 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Not enough information

4. dhanna lee said:

be alone somewhere, a place that u know you can think of more good things and try to talk in to your heart maybe it knows whats the missing lyrics from your song...

keep up the good works...more power to you.

5. bterzian said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HighSchoolGuy View Post
    I'm new to song writing, I've written a pre-chorus and I'm wonder what you guys think of it, or if I should change anything?

Pre - Chorus

And I, hope
    That you will listen
    Take it from a man
    who's heart is missing

And I, wish
    that you won't feel like me
    because now every second
    isn't what it used to be

Any advice would be appreciated, I don't know what I'm doing, thanks.
    No song writer probably feels they know just what they're doing. Probably because they are inspired by some unknown force or inner emotion, or spiritually. But I think your song has very much potential. It's already got a good foundation of the catchy chorus verse. So don't doubt yourself. You have that creativity, and a good beginning of a good song. Keep working on it, and before long it'll be on the radio for the whole world. Good luck.
    "Let us all be blessed by remembering the past, that we be not doomed to relive sad events!"
    --- Brenda Terzian
    actress, screenplay writer, book author
    http://www.writesight.com/writers/bterzian

6. browneye100 said:

Default another sad love song

Hey high school guy. If you need some inspiration for your writing have a listen to Jimmy Webb and Richard Harris in the The Webb Sessions 1968 -69. Some dumb non worldly critics say it is schmaltzy, make your own decision. I'm 60 years of age and experienced plenty, and write comedy for television and do my own radio skits, written and spoken, which I couldn't have achieved without a "bit" of life. As well I contrast this with sadness etc.
    Trust this helps