Amazing rare Lebanese theatrical song--need Arabic lyrics, translation & ID please!!

Thread: Amazing rare Lebanese theatrical song--need Arabic lyrics, translation & ID please!!

Tags: None

SongCat said:

Lightbulb Amazing rare Lebanese theatrical song--need Arabic lyrics, translation & ID please!!

I got such wonderful help with my unknown Egyptian song, I thought I could ask for help with another one, also from ART.

This one is Lebanese, and I have NO idea who the singers are or where it is from. I have been looking for info on it for what seems like forever, and would be so grateful if someone could help!

Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/5Dvn5n_bxsg

Thank you soooo much in advance!!!!!!!

Ahmed said:

Well, this is really a very old Lebanese song that I couldn't find any trace for it online. I managed to get the lyrics and to translate it to English. I really hope that some of the Lebanese dialect speakers will be able to help more as some words I really didn't understand well.

In general the song is talking about the corruption in the system and in social life (I can sense that most of the songs you like have some political and social prospective , lol)

Particularly is about paying bribes to get everything in life and if you didn't; every door are going to be shut on your face. First it is telling about corruption on the government when you want to have work with some official organization you have to pay bribes so your offers are going to pass. Then it comes to very sensitive subject; even if you want to get married you have to forget your feelings because you are not going to get married unless you have a lot of money in another words (i.e. money is more integral to happiness than romantic love!)
    Finally the song is talking about the corruption in the tax system and the employees that work in it as if you pay them for instance a ten, they are going to save for you a hundred from your taxes.

I
    hope that others will be able to help to identify the singer and share more information about the song!

حاج تحسب الف حساب ادفع بتلاقي البواب
    No need to think about it thousands times … Pay and you are going to find away
    و ان ما عندك مسريات لا في بواب و لا باب
    And if you don’t have money, there won’t be away or a door to pass through
    أدفع ... أدفع ... أدفع ... أدفع
    Pay … Pay … Pay … Pay
    حاج تحسب الف حساب
    No need to think about it thousand times.

عندك شي عملية بدواءر رسمية
    If you have a mission on an official organization
    ان ما ناولت الميه بنشرلحك من باب الباب
    If you didn’t give them the hundred…you will be thrown away on the front of the door
    Pay … Pay … Pay … Pay

No need to think about it thousands times …Pay and you are going to find away
    و ان نا عندك مسريات لا في بواب و لا باب

Pay … Pay … Pay … Pay
    حاج تحسب الف حساب

بدك تتجوز مرة عواطف حطه بره
    If you want for once to get married... put your feelings aside
    ادفع بتلاقي شره لأما بضلك علي الباب
    Pay so you can find a bride (wife) otherwise you are going to stay on the door
    Pay … Pay … Pay … Pay

Pay … Pay … Pay … Pay
    حاج تحسب الف حساب

لما بتيجي البارية ضاريب بلدية
    When the commissioner come to collect the taxes for the city
    العشرة بتطفي ميه
    Pay ten and they will overlook a hundred
    ان ما ولد الشباب
    Otherwise you will be in trouble
    Pay … Pay … Pay … Pay

Pay … Pay … Pay … Pay
    حاج تحسب الف حساب
    I don't think I miss things. I think to miss something is to hope that it will come back, but it's not coming back.

SongCat said:

Wow!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!! It is wonderful to have all the lyrics!

It seems to be from live musical theater, but I've never been able to figure out what. Not the Ra7banis, and I don't recognize any of the actors. Maybe someone out there knows...

I actually have one more hard-to-identify song (and one easy Egyptian one) that I'm hoping to post.
    But for now I am really just happy to have All The Lyrics!!

Thank you soooooo much!!!

Ahmed said:

I am really glad that I have been able to help even a little and of course you can share other songs that you want to identify and we can work on that!
    I don't think I miss things. I think to miss something is to hope that it will come back, but it's not coming back.

liviapj said:

Well done! Clap clap clap!!!!!!!!
    “What you seek is seeking you.”
    ― Rumi