Homayoun Shajarian - Chera Rafti?

Thread: Homayoun Shajarian - Chera Rafti?

Tags: None

NorthernLights said:

Default Homayoun Shajarian - Chera Rafti?

I looove this song! Can some one please translate it to English???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyUfS2O1-bA
    Last edited by afsaneh; 04-27-2015 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Artist – Song name or names

Aloo said:

Hi guys,

I am new to this community. I am a Belgian and passionate about Persian culture, only speak Finglish though! Could you also provide Finglish for this song?

THANKS!

afsaneh said:

Default Homayoun Shajarian - Chera Rafti?

How did I miss translating this wonderful song?!

Chera rafti? Chera? Man bighararam ---------------- why did you go? Why? I’m restless
    Be sar sodaye aghushe to daram ---------------------- in my head, I have the fancy of your embrace
    Nagofti mahtab emshab che zibast ------------------ you didn’t say the moonlight is so beautiful tonight
    Nadidi janam az gham nashakibast ------------------- you didn’t see my life is impatient of sadness

Chera rafti? Chera? Man bighararam ---------------- why did you go? Why? I’m restless
    Be sar sodaye aghushe to daram ---------------------- in my head, I have the fancy of your embrace

Khiyalat gar che omri yare man bood -------------- although your hallucination was my friend for a lifetime
    Omidat garche dar pendare man bood ------------- although your hope was in my thought
    Bia emshab sharabi diagram deh ---------------------- come tonight give me a different wine
    Ze minaye haghighat sagharam deh ------------------- from the glass of truth give me a goblet

Nagofti mahtab emshab che zibast ------------------ you didn’t say the moonlight is so beautiful tonight
    Nadidi janam az gham nashakibast ------------------- you didn’t see my life is impatient of sadness

Dele divan era divanetar kon ----------------------------- make the lunatic heart, more lunatic
    Mara az har do alam bi khabar kon --------------------- make me unaware of the two worlds
    Bia emshab sharabi diagram deh ---------------------- come tonight give me a different wine
    Ze minaye haghighat sagharam deh ------------------- from the glass of truth give me a goblet

"If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare

Aloo said:

Mesle hamishe dastet dard nakoneh Afsanehjoon!

What would we do without you, you're the gateway to Persian culture Thank you for that !

NorthernLights said:

Beuatiful. Thank you!