[SOLVED] Song from 2015 which is remake of an old(ish?) classic song

Thread: [SOLVED] Song from 2015 which is remake of an old(ish?) classic song

Tags: None
  1. Muni said:

Default [SOLVED] Song from 2015 which is remake of an old(ish?) classic song

Hi all,

I heard a song today on the radio (Antenne Bayern, Germany), the radio moderator announced it as being a new song (so ~June 2015?) which is a remake of an old(ish?) classic song -- classic as in popular/daring that someone remakes it. I think it was a woman who was singing but unfortunately I cannot remember any lyrics at all.

I know this description is pretty vage, normally I always remember some of the lyrics but I was very busy at the time.
    Can you still help me with my search?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Muni; 06-10-2015 at 09:46 AM. Reason: [SOLVED]

Starbird said:

Unfortunately I can't help identify the song but, if I may, I would recommend calling that radio station and asking them their playlist for that day. I've had success in the past this way in identifying an elusive song title. It should be fairly easy, especially since the radio host announced it.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you can find what you're looking for!

3. Fence Sitter said:

A bit more description might help, like was in in english german etc, was it sung by a woman before, slow or fast song, etc.

Maybe the announcer meant new for that group, and not actually a new song.

Unfortunately though, "new" does happen, as I've noted a number of old tunes pretty much in their entirety, rehashed and served up as "new" and quite frankly I guess the only reason they get away with it is it's being put out by the same music company, different artist. Otherwise ... I mean even just one segment of a song faintly sounding the same and the artists can expect a lot of trouble.

4. Muni said:

I found it while searching on the official radio webpage!

Felix Jaehn - Ain’t Nobody (Loves Me Better) ft. Jasmine Thompson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1RCys4R0g

which is a remix of Rufus and Chaka Khan.

Starbird said:

That's great!
    Glad you found it, mate.

6. Strumash said:

Quote Originally Posted by Starbird View Post
    That's great!
    Glad you found it, mate.
    Almost 1 year down the line and this is the forum that helped me find this song @3 am whilst in Norway visiting my girlfriend spent 2 hours trying to think of the name of this so thanks a million folks brilliant cover of the original xx