Fairouz - Kenna netla2a min 3ashyi

Thread: Fairouz - Kenna netla2a min 3ashyi

Tags: None

gbasfora said:

Default Fairouz - Kenna netla2a min 3ashyi

Any comments or corrections to improve my translation are welcome

[Es4B9fvYaRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es4B9fvYaRs[/video]

We used to meet before nightfall // Kenna netla2a min 3ashyi //كنا نتلاقى من عشية
    And we sat on the old bridge // W nea2oud 3ala eljisr el3atee2 //ونقعد على الجسر العتيق
    While the fog falls onto the plain // W tenzel 3ala essahl eddababe //وتنزل على السهل الضبابة
    hiding the vision and the road // Tem7y elmada w tem7y ettaree2 //تمحي المدى و تمحي الطريق

Nobody knows our place of refuge // ma 7ada ya3ref bimoutra7na //ما حدا يعرف بمطرحنا
    But the sky and the autumn leaves // Ghayr essama2 w wara2 teshreen //غير السما و ورق تشرين
    And when he tells me I love you // w ye2elly ba7abbek ana ba7abbek //ويقل لي بحبك أنا بحبك
    The sad clouds run away from us // W yehroub fina elghaym el7azeen //ويهرب فينا الغيم الحزين

I am hopeful that the past years will be back // Ya sneeny elly ra7 terja3eely //يا سنيني اللي رح ترجعيلي
    Oh past years come back to me for some time ! // Erja3eely shy marra erja3eely //ارجعيلي شي مرة ارجعي لي
    And let me be forgotten in my childhood // w enseeny 3a bab ettoufoule //وانسيني ع باب الطفولة
    So I can run again through those sunny roads // Ta 2ourkoud bishams etter2at //تا أركض بشمس الطرقات

I am hopeful that the past years will be back // Ya sneeny elly ra7 terja3eely //يا سنيني اللي رح ترجعيلي
    Oh past years come back to me for some time ! // Erja3eely shy marra erja3eely //ارجعيلي شي مرة ارجعي لي
    And bring back the smiles of those who left // w redeely da7kat elly ra7ou //ورديلي ضحكات اللي راحوا
    Their smiles are still echoing in the squares // elly ba3ada bzawaya essa7at //اللي بعدها بزوايا الساحات

I remember what people said about me // Betzakkar shou 7akeeou 3alayy //بتذكر شو حكيوا عليي
    While I waited for you but you forgot me // Lamma natart w enta enseet //لما نطرت وإنت نسيت
    And the winter rains came upon me // W sar esh shety yenzel 3alayy //وصار الشتي ينزل عليي
    Summer has arrived but you didn't return // W 2eja essayf ew enta ma jeet //وإجا الصيف و إنت ما جيت

And let me be forgotten in my childhood // w enseeny 3a bab ettoufoule //وانسيني ع باب الطفولة
    So I can run again through those sunny roads // Ta 2ourkoud bishams etter2at //تا أركض بشمس الطرقات

And bring back the smiles of those who left // w redeely da7kat elly ra7ou //ورديلي ضحكات اللي راحوا
    Their smiles are still echoing in the squares // elly ba3ada bzawaya essa7at //اللي بعدها بزوايا الساحات
    Last edited by gbasfora; 06-21-2015 at 11:04 AM.

LoOlya said:

Awesome job as usual, George!
    My favorites of Fairouz are uncountable, and this is one of them.

I found this translation. Sharing it would be beneficial I guess, though your translation is PERFECT!
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

gbasfora said:

Thank you ya loOlya. Your opinion is always very gratifying and important to me

LoOlya said:

Quote Originally Posted by gbasfora View Post
    Thank you ya loOlya. Your opinion is always very gratifying and important to me
    You are always welcome You know that every translation you do is highly appreciated.
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.