song that sounds like enya but isn't enya??

Thread: song that sounds like enya but isn't enya??

Tags: artist, enya, find, song
  1. queenofcaffeine said:

Default song that sounds like enya but isn't enya??

hi so i've had this song in my head for DAYS and i need to figure out what it is

i'm fairly certain i heard this played on the radio a lot as a child so it must be from the 90s or early noughties, and the part i remember is literally just a female vocalist that sounds quite a lot like enya (but i don't think it is) humming and then saying something that rhymes with "eye"?? like "hhmmmmmmmmhhmmmmmMMMMMMM di du du de die" and then it repeats again, but the second time the hum is the same i think, and then there are different words with a different melody, but again it rhymes with the first verse i think

i can't for the life of me make out the words, and the vocals are quite echoey and there's like a drifty floaty feel to it, just like enya, but not enya. it's a bit more pop sounding though with a bit of beat to it, and it must have been on the radio a lot, or some kind of advert, but it's driving me nuts because i mustn't have heard it since childhood (i was born in 1996 so it must have been played for a while after then) i'm from england, so it must have been pretty popular over here at the time i think but honestly i'm completely unsure of what it is, i just know my brain has remembered a snippet of it

please can someone help? i've tried everything! i've already searched through quite a lot of forums first and i don't think it's enigma either

2. Fence Sitter said:

I am going to take a wild stab at this. It got a bit of air play our way at the time. (2000) It's close to your description it starts with a long "halnour .... " and many "nye" or something repeated throughout.

Lisa Gerrard - "Now we are free"

[hopefully this youtube link matches the original]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVetoINPlUk

3. queenofcaffeine said:

hi! thank you so much for replying

unfortunately that isn't it but it does sound quite similar, but thank you so much!

i've asked people in real life and hummed out the tune to them and everything and nobody can tell me, haha i'm beginning to think it's something i've made up in my own head at this rate!

atmaestro said:

Try the following songs by The Cranberries:

"Ode to My Family"
    "I Can't Be With You"
    "When You're Gone"
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

5. jp12345 said:

Question

Maybe something by Deep Forest?

6. wurzlsepp said:

7. XPhantomFireX said:

I think you are looking for Adeimus, by karl Jenkins.

8. queenofcaffeine said:

Thumbs up

hi so this is the weirdest thing
    because you know when you have a song in your head it's almost distorted to sound different, and considering i hadn't heard this song for years and years i genuinely thought it sounded like enya? so that's probably why it was a bit confusing.
    after hours of humming the tune into different websites and apps to identify it i can conclude it's actually a song called "frozen" by madonna...
    thank you all so much for the replies though, i've been going almost mad for ages trying to find it!
    no idea how my head managed to make madonna sound like enya, but i'll go with it!
    she doesn't even say "eye" in it though or anything that rhymes with "eye" in the chorus, ah god

9. Fence Sitter said:

Glad you've found it or satisfied that you have.

I wouldn't discount a "cover" version of the song done a year or two later. I intended to have a good search just to see, but saw a reference to alleged plagiarism. I don't think one would never know for sure if an artist did a "cover" version of "Ma Vie Fout Le Camp " that sounded just like what you described.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWwYujO55bE

10. Shirley Francisco said:

hello there! I wish you could come back here too in this forum...because you are not alone! I also hear that song way back in 2002 from joey 92.3 where the song sounds like french or german and a bit enya or sara brightman sounds alike with semi pop celtic background...I've been searching that song too! Its sounds like humming in tune and the words like la tou les free or jous las free? i dunno either

11. Shirley Francisco said:

too bad for us because joey 92.3 fm don't have a dj to tell title of their music being played back in 2000's

atmaestro said:

Shirley, did you see that the original requester (queenofcaffeine) found the song she was looking for (Madonna's song "Frozen")? Does Madonna's song match what you are looking for?
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

13. Zuendmaster said:

hey

thanks to your thread I found the song i searched, too.
    I also thought it sounded the voice sounded like Enya and I was searching for Frozen by Madonna, too.
    So thank you I guess.