need help identifying a song from a commercial

Thread: need help identifying a song from a commercial

Tags: None
  1. GlassOnion said:

Does anyone know where you can download the song at? (the cat power version)

logan01 said:

It's my understanding that there currently is no full version of that song being offered by Cat Power. A dated statement by her label (Matador Records) says there is no intention of her releasing that tune. The "word on the street" is that it will be released sometime this coming summer on her newest "cover songs" album. I'd say based on the publicity this ad/song has received that money (bundles and bundles) will indeed make her sing that song.

3. stinkyfrankie said:

Wink Female cover of "How Can I Tell You"

The band covering that song in the commercial is called "Feist".

Great band.

logan01 said:

Please share your sources with us confirming the statement regarding Feist and the DeBeers ad. Thanks.

5. Nayeli said:

Quote Originally Posted by fsoznaika View Post
    the lyrics of the song are "I'm thinking of you but i can't find the right words to say" sung by a female artist.

In the commercial the guy gets out of bed and closes the window.

Anyone know the song?
    This song was not fully recorded by Catpower but you can download a version that is sang by Julia Wheeler ... very beautiful ..

MySpace.com - Julie - 90 - Female - California - www.myspace.com/julie18wheeler

6. Nayeli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Nayeli View Post
    This song was not fully recorded by Catpower but you can download a version that is sang by Julia Wheeler ... very beautiful ..

MySpace.com - Julie - 90 - Female - California - www.myspace.com/julie18wheeler
    Here it in youtube first and then if you want to download it ... you can do it in her website