Remembering Munich - Lisbeth Scott - written and Composed by John Towner Williams!

Thread: Remembering Munich - Lisbeth Scott - written and Composed by John Towner Williams!

Tags: None

Ahmed said:

Default Remembering Munich - Lisbeth Scott - written and Composed by John Towner Williams!

I love this song and I have been looking for the lyrics for years. Some proposed that it is just mourning dirge or lament with Hebrew and Arabic influences but no real lyrics. I can't recognize any Arabic in it, so maybe it is in Hebrew, It is just so hard to accept that this beautiful rhythm has no meaning!

I would appreciate so much if someone here can help!

Here is the video of the song:
    [f4LzonZOHwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4LzonZOHwo[/video]

Thanks in Advance!
    I don't think I miss things. I think to miss something is to hope that it will come back, but it's not coming back.

2. cocolini said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
    I love this song and I have been looking for the lyrics for years. Some proposed that it is just mourning dirge or lament with Hebrew and Arabic influences but no real lyrics. I can't recognize any Arabic in it, so maybe it is in Hebrew, It is just so hard to accept that this beautiful rhythm has no meaning!

I would appreciate so much if someone here can help!

Here is the video of the song:
    [f4LzonZOHwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4LzonZOHwo[/video]

Thanks in Advance!
    From checking around, I found that John Williams decided that Lisbeth Scott should sing open vowels, not lyrics, to produce an emotional result reflecting the film's themes. I don't know how much was done by Williams and how much was done by Scott, but I'll wager that he trusted her to create the tone/vowels with suggestions by him. That's what's generally done when you have a skilled and creative singer. I'll try to find out more - perhaps a link to the interview, if I'm lucky - and post it. I, too, was on the same quest you were, and while it didn't sound like Hebrew, assumed it was, anyway.

After thinking about it, it's a wonderful notion on Williams' part, since the song becomes universal and doesn't insist that its words override the feelings it creates in the listener. It sounds like both Arabic in mood as well as Hebrew. In me, it evokes sadness, mixed with yearning and/or hope. What says Middle East more clearly than that?