female artist, song from late 90's or early 2000's

Thread: female artist, song from late 90's or early 2000's

Tags: None
  1. Twist2 said:

Default female artist, song from late 90's or early 2000's

I can't properly relay the tune obviously. It's mono-tone singing, almost speaking, similar style to Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner. It's possibly not about a car, but all the lyrics I remember are of a woman speaking about driving a fast car, with the top down, leather seats, seats back, way back... doo doo doo doo dooooo doo tune repeatedly sung several times throughout the song. It's fairly mellow but kind of upbeat at the same time. I was randomly watching movies off Nextflix somewhere between 2007-2008 and it was playing in the background of a movie with a dirty blonde hair girl driving. Unfortunately I don't remember the actress, and I hadn't paid attention to the name of the movie as I wasn't expecting to hear the song. I've been searching for this song ever since 2005 when I accidentally threw out the mixed tape my sister made for me. Yes, a cassette tape. Any help to offer?? Not Tracy Chapman, wrong style. Thank you in advance!!

atmaestro said:

"Top Down, Baby" by Scarlett Rabe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fESBQCJS4jY
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. Twist2 said:

Thank you for the lead but it's not the right song. I'm sorry that I don't have a snippet to post for you to go off of.